Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I just don't like lipstick on me...I have quite big lips...and a pouty bottom lip so lipstick just makes me look like more of a clown:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Eviledna wrote: »
    Feeling decidedly sorry for meself. Have a b!tch of a kidney infection for 8 days now, wasn't responding to antibiotics and now I'm on the strongest they've got. Have had to take 2 days off sick from my new job, grr, cancel my 8yr anniversary dinner with the OH on tues and if these don't work I'll be going to hospital for an IV. :( Antibiotics are ripping my tummy to shreds so I can barely eat.

Pom.

Oh no Edna are you ok? :( You poor thing! I know only too well how awful kidney infections are. Send me a pm or an email if you want to chat! I'm working til late this evening (highly unlike me, ugh) so please keep me company if you feel like it :)
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking that about the lip colour. I never really like wearing much. A lot of the time I use a bit of vaseline.. :o

Just go for Vaseline if you're trying something new with your eyes. I usually do pink lips and simple black liquid liner or if I'm doing more dramatic eyes I have a browny nude lipstick that is barely noticeable and nice, or pink Vaseline :) Lip liner is your best friend. I once had someone remark in a class I was teaching that the most remarkable thing she had learned all day was that I could eat a cupcake without my lipstick budging :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I really fúcking need to stop letting people walk all over me. Got virtually nothing done today and won't have a chance to do any more work this evening, ugh. Not a happy camper.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'M FINISHED!!!!! After four night of not actually sleeping in my bed and taking naps during the night in between doing work , I handed up five lever arch files full of stuff today. My final ever thing to be handed up - pretty happy with it, but missing bits from it alright though, but tbh I don't care anymore. Passed the site of the crash coming home, found it hard to stomach and not get emotional passing it. yesterady was the first day since the funeral that I could speak about it rationally without being emotional about the whole thing, but its crept back in since I handed the stuff up, now that the pressure is off.

Side of my right hand is very sore from my wrist all the way down to the tip of my small finger, and it only occured to me know what it could be - being on the laptop pretty much constantly for the last four days straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm so tired I'm going to be asleep before 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

the worlds biggest drama queen is sitting in my sitting room

she is my housemates friend but my God does she make a big deal over NOTHING!

she got into a fight with her boyfriend because he took a nap and didnt text her back

cue screaming down the phone when he texts back.... "OMG Joe* how could you do this!! this is horrible you decide TO SLEEP instead of texting me back!! UGH you are SOOOOO inconsiderate consider.... yourself to be my NEXT ex boyfriend if you do it again"

woman grow up and cop on... your like 22 if he wants to take a nap he will take a nap
    stop being so fúckin clingy and whingy, so needy and annoying :mad:

it is people like this that turn me off relationships its ridiculous how can one person go completely ape shít over NOTHING!

sorry needed a rant! plus i have an exam in the morning and her voice cuts right through me so i is stressed!

*not his actual name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I got the collar I was after in Camden btw :)

pV3fy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Eviledna wrote: »
    Jeepers well done Lola, 7lbs is a lot to loose in a week! Speaking from ww experience, don't get disheartened next week if the loss isn't quite as epic, every pound counts ;)
    Thanks. I know, I didn't expect to lose anything like that to be honest and I'm not expecting it to continue either unfortunaetly! Once it's headed in the right direction I'm not too worried about the numbers though! :)

Rebelgirl - you should be so proud of yourself for getting that project done and in, I don't think I would have been able to in those circumstances. Huge hugs x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Hate getting my hopes up and start looking forward to something, then the person you were supposed to be meeting texts and says "Sorry, not bothered tonight" Really irritates me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Links have you got your lip pierced? It looks like you have in that pic but maybe it's just the way the light is. You look great. :) x

If West Ham win tonight and Blackpool win tomorrow night my brother could win €570.. :D

ETA: Well done rebel girl! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lola92 wrote: »
    Thanks. I know, I didn't expect to lose anything like that to be honest and I'm not expecting it to continue either unfortunaetly! Once it's headed in the right direction I'm not too worried about the numbers though! :)

Rebelgirl - you should be so proud of yourself for getting that project done and in, I don't think I would have been able to in those circumstances. Huge hugs x

Thanks - I had most of it done, and technically should have had pretty much all of it done, because it was composed mostly of our daily lesson plans and weekly reflections - didn't realise how much I was missing though, handed it in with a few bits missing, but don't really care tbh!

Had a bit of a breakdown Tuesday, friend from work got me through it - I had spent an hour getting very little done, and just had to get my feelings of complete and utter sadness off my chest, because I had kept it bottled since the funeral. I could actually fall asleep typing this, gonna head to bed in a while. Thankfully its Friday tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Links you're looking gorgeous:D

So pretty:) And booby;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

jesus christ she has another friend coming over :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Links have you got your lip pierced? It looks like you have in that pic but maybe it's just the way the light is. You look great. :) x

and yep, I got my lip pierced, it's one like this:

Vertical_Labret-3.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had a crazy busy day at work today.

You know what's good though? I didn't get stressed at all. I think this is how I know I'm in a job that's right for me. Had a brilliant sense of achievement at the clock-out machine.

Yay.

(still strangely boneless from this virus though, how odd)

Links234 wrote: »

Vertical_Labret-3.jpg

Ah I see, it really suits you. :) I wish something like that would suit me but I think I stick to ear piercings and possibly a couple more tattoos. :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lads I'm just not cut out for hard work. I read all ye're posts about all the work, study, exercise ye do, and I'm killed after 3 hours of extra work. I still have a few hours to go, and I'm twice as busy next week as I am this week, what have I done?? The spot between my shoulder blades appears to have gotten a hot needle lodged in it....not helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Puppy farms :(. Don't think I can watch this programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I had to change the channel, Grindlewald. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lol, you can play tag with the kids in skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I turned over too. To sad... 2 broke girls looks ok to watch, hubby watching the golf downstairs, I hate golf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

jesus christ she has another friend coming over :mad:

I feel your pain! My apartment is like Little Chile this week, the erasmus housemate decided to have 2 friends stay over this week. I can't believe how inconsiderate she is, she knows we have exams, she has them herself. They're in the kitchen constantly, so I'm confined to my room when I'm at home i.e. all day today.

I'm getting my revenge on Saturday night; my class are finished exams that night so we're going to have some raucous predrinks here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Happy today: Because I have my CT scan over and done and weightwatchers going well.

Puppy farms :(. Don't think I can watch this programme.
    Polloloca wrote: »
    I had to change the channel, Grindlewald. :(

I know, it's horrible. :(

Fairly random day in work as well tbh - group of second level students from France visiting, who ended up being treated to a concert by a Russian choir consisting of third level students who are singing in the choral festival this weekend, in the presence of some Spanish exchange students and the non-exam classes. Gotta say the choir were class!

Best of luck to all the ladies loungers still doing exams, I've one on the 10th

Just want to say a sincere thank you to all of ye for ye're support during the last week, it has made a great difference to me knowing I can come on here and rant and relieve if I need to. Been a tough week, but thanks for helping get me through it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So proud of my husband.

He's top of all but one of his Fantasy Football leagues.

The only one he's not top of is the Boards and he's 15th in that. :D

2,152 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Das Kitty wrote: »
    So proud of my husband.

He's top of all but one of his Fantasy Football leagues.

The only one he's not top of is the Boards and he's 15th in that. :D

2,152 points.

I'm 512th in the Boards league. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Links234 wrote: »

Vertical_Labret-3.jpg
    Oooh, Links, you're a cutie-pie! I was expecting you to be brunette, tho, for some reason. :P
    I like that collar- I'd love one myself. Whereabouts in Camden did you get it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Still bedridden, booohooo :( so we started watching the Harry Potter movies all over again on Tuesday, one per night, on the Prisoner of Azkaban tonight.

I saw that puppy farm programme being advertised and knew I wouldn't be able to watch it without climbing into my dog's bed and cuddling him lol so decided not to watch it!

I've only recently started trying out lipstick, just very light neutral shades, nothing too drastic but I always feel like I'm doing it wrong. It looks fine but I think I'm just destined to be a lip gloss/balm/butter type of girl.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement