Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My sister is in a musical that is running this week and she is seriously brown. First time I think she has got it perfect too so I'm a proud big sister, I have taught her well lol. I'm going to see it tonight, can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Ha! Let him out for a wee there and he went bounding straight over to the hole he made, stood there wagging his tail as if I was about to follow him so we could have a fabulous time together in the neighbours garden. Busted! Unfortunately I am pathetically impractical so will still have to wait for himself to come home and fix it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

For the record, reheated two day old chicken curry tastes amazing. If I get sick it'll be totally worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Can anyone explain why people are stupid/ignorant please? My best friend runs her own business, a woman I know through my boyfriend just called me for my friend's number to do some work for her, I gave it to her and CLEARLY explained that my friend wasn't available this morning as she works too (she is a sub teacher), that she could call her after 1.30pm as she would be free then, she said grand no problem.

My friend just called me to say that your one called pretty much immediately after she spoke to me, she said "I know you're busy now but can I call up to you in 10 mins?" :confused::confused::confused: wtf??! :confused::confused::confused: Have people no cop on, no respect? The only reason my friend answered at work is because her sister is due to give birth any day now so she answered a landline she didn't know, had the woman not listened to me AT ALL?? How does "She's busy now but will be free after 1.30" mean "call her now and call up to her in 10 minutes at home"?

People REALLY make life very difficult, animals ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Acoshla wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why people are stupid/ignorant please? My best friend runs her own business, a woman I know through my boyfriend just called me for my friend's number to do some work for her, I gave it to her and CLEARLY explained that my friend wasn't available this morning as she works too (she is a sub teacher), that she could call her after 1.30pm as she would be free then, she said grand no problem.

My friend just called me to say that your one called pretty much immediately after she spoke to me, she said "I know you're busy now but can I call up to you in 10 mins?" :confused::confused::confused: wtf??! :confused::confused::confused: Have people no cop on, no respect? The only reason my friend answered at work is because her sister is due to give birth any day now so she answered a landline she didn't know, had the woman not listened to me AT ALL?? How does "She's busy now but will be free after 1.30" mean "call her now and call up to her in 10 minutes at home"?

It's like people who bang on closed shop doors at 6.05, after the place closed at 6, demanding to be let in to buy something. Absolutely no grasp of the concept that they're inconveniencing other people. Either that or they just don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

The general population is comprised mostly of idiots. The sooner you accept this, the less stressful your life will be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

For the record, reheated two day old chicken curry tastes amazing. If I get sick it'll be totally worth it.

curry tastes fantastic when left for a while, 'cos all the flavours stew nicely. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The general population is comprised mostly of idiots. The sooner you accept this, the less stressful your life will be :D

This is my problem, I just can't accept that people are that thick? I mean, I get calls at 10pm at night, 10am Sunday mornings, do people not bloody look or think before they call people? I always consider what time/day it is or what time the place I'm calling operates before I ring them, like I don't incessantly call a restaurant at 9am when I *know* they won't be open, I leave it til the afternoon or evening. I just can't accept that people are really that ignorant and self involved, I specifically said she was busy, but apparently that means call her anyway? *brain implodes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

bluewolf wrote: »
    No, try it today if you've never used it before

I came in here to say something and now I forget what :rolleyes:
    mustn't have been important
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I don't know tbh. I want to have time to let it develop just in case I need more/have to attempt to scrub it off because I've never actually used the particular one I got before.. What do people think? Is tanning today too early? :o

I'm with Bluewolf, try it out today in case it's not right and you do have to get a different tan or scrub this one off.

Also, instead of a body scrub, try a pair of exfiolation gloves and use a body wash and scrub very gently. I have found this to be fat better than any scrub.

Also, moisturise your skin well after exfiolating, any regular cheap cream would be grand (unless you have problematic skin like me). I find thick creams to be better than runny lotions, probably because my skin is very dry.

This behaviour drives me mad.

One time I was in my bf's shop with him, about five past six (shop closes at 6pm) this auld wan comes banging on the door for him to let her in. She must've been banging for about ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

This. This is a message to live by :p
    It's like people who bang on closed shop doors at 6.05, after the place closed at 6, demanding to be let in to buy something. Absolutely no grasp of the concept that they're inconveniencing other people. Either that or they just don't care.

That used to drive me mad. I remeber having a full out row with an idiot when I was actually locking up my shop- outside, in my normal clothes, keys in the lock, a half hour after we closed. He demanded to go in and grab something. When I said no, he threatened me, wouldn't back off and said he's follow me home!!

I hate people. I want to work with robots.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

bubblefett wrote: »
    This. This is a message to live by :p

That used to drive me mad. I remeber having a full out row with an idiot when I was actually locking up my shop- outside, in my normal clothes, keys in the lock, a half hour after we closed. He demanded to go in and grab something. When I said no, he threatened me, wouldn't back off and said he's follow me home!!

I hate people. I want to work with robots.

Gyms are like this as well. When they close at 9 it means you have to be gone by 9 not getting into the shower by 9. I wasn't paid to stay after 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Got the technical assignment for my interview - it's along the lines of what I expected so it's going ok. Three questions in it in total - took the hardest one first and spent 3 hours on it. Hitting question 2 now; I have until tomorrow morning to complete so think it'll be grand.

Interview is tomorrow - no idea what they'll ask this time. First round was really bloody tough, am a bit worried about tomorrow. Hopefully no sweats and shakes this time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just do what I do and avoid people as much as possible, working with the public for years has turned me into a sociopath :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Best of luck Susie Q!

Good luck with your tanning experiment, Jane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

who knew that learning about sex and contraception could be so BORING!!!

but on the plus side i have my topics covered i just need to learn it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

who knew that learning about sex and contraception could be so BORING!!!

It always works better as a practical subject.

Das Kitty wrote: »

if only there was a practical exam for it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Happy because: I joined weightwatchers and cannot wait to see the result next tuesday.
    Sad because: I also joined boxercising class and I am broken.

:)

Learn by doing! :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Straight A's!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Straight A's!

Straight O's ;)

Straight A's!

id get a standing ovation.....so to speak ;)

id get a standing ovation.....so to speak ;)

Standing OVULation don't you mean? :P

Gah, just found out that someone my dad met the other day (an acquaintance of my dad, someone I have never met) was asking about my son, and then when myself and the boyfriend are getting married.

MYOB and stop making stupid assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I'm going to NYC. Gonna stock up on some makeup and maybe buy myself a new pair of disco pants :)

Must check what the weather will be like.
    Gauge wrote: »
    Mongolia :o it's probably going to be cold enough there! Not until August though. I'm meeting up with a friend who lives in Singapore and we're doing a horse riding trek together.

Italy! I'm jealous, it's been on my list of places to visit for a long time. I've heard amazing things about gelato! :D

Savage, im only getting to read these now had a busy day yesterday and today.

The treking will be an amazing experience. My daughter would love to join you, we went on a trek in the south of france it was an experience there were sheer drops along the way, fantastic views.

Taking my son of to the ENT now to see if his going to fit grommets...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Polloloca wrote: »
    Happy because: I joined weightwatchers and cannot wait to see the result next tuesday.
    Sad because: I also joined boxercising class and I am broken.

Just wondering how hard boxercising is and why it left you broken?

MY shoulders/upper arms are killing me from kickboxing last night, but i wouldnt say im broken, just sore.

My husband does weight watchers and it does work, good luck with it. Hope the boxercising gets easier. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Just wondering how hard boxercising is and why it left you broken?

MY shoulders/upper arms are killing me from kickboxing last night, but i wouldnt say im broken, just sore.

My husband does weight watchers and it does work, good luck with it. Hope the boxercising gets easier. :)
    It's intense, and I am not used to working out so many muscles. My back and tummy hurt from the sit ups and planking and my wrist and arm are badly bruised from either weights, or punching. I felt so good afterwards though, so I will keep it up. Going again tonight, I have no idea how I will manage doing sit ups. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Plunger.

Get a decent pneumatic one (they're about a tenner in the hardware shops - mine's an abflusreinger -- sorry I just like the name).

Attack the toilet and the bath plug hole with it.

And wear goggles.

And have something to scrub yourself with in the shower after.

I'm not sure that would work the blockage is far down the pipes, how far I don't know, it might mean turning off the water finding out where the blockage is and getting at the pipe. If I were to get at it with a plunger everything would just go into the bath and the blockage would still be there:( I'm hoping my uncle will be able to sort it out, because I have no money to get anyone into fix it. I'll have to talk to my granny but someone died yesterday/today and everyone will be going and I'm not going to bring it up there, I'm not even sure if I'm going none of my clothes fit me I only have casual kinda stuff left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How exactly would it be examined though...:eek:

As annoying as people who turn up at 6.05 are, they are about half as annoying as the people who close their shop at 5.55 and stand at the door as if you're an inconvenience for turning up before closing time :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I think I got a missed call from Denmark:confused: it starts with 0045
    What's in Denmark that wants to talk to me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement