Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

krudler wrote: »
    Sigh, housemates car was broken into last night, probably the same fcukheads who stole the wheels off our neighbours car last week, now everytimecwe hear a car door outside itll be straight out of bed checking , its a nice area too, just some scummers chancing their arms, worried bout my car now

That's really crap. Did he not have an alarm on his car?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh my god I'm freeeezzing.

I thought May was suppose to be summer time?

Could not for the life of me get out of bed on time this morning.

oh lord it's may :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiera wrote: »
    That's really crap. Did he not have an alarm on his car?

nope, I dont either both have immobilisers though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My alarm was set five different times since 7am, and I heard none of them. Our cleaning lady, who is a very angry woman and lets us know of her anger by being loud at 7-8am every second Tuesday, has been here and I slept through that.

Must. Leave.Bed. For. Library.

And its lashing :(

Good luck exam people, and fellow study people, and welcome to the thread to our newbies :) Welcome to your new addiction (leave it two days and you have a million pages to read back on, so you know, its just dutiful to check it numerous times a day...).

krudler wrote: »
    nope, I dont either both have immobilisers though

So someone could break the window of your car rip out your radio and you wouldnt know about it? I thought all new cars had alarms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Counting days to my holidays, im into single figures. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Counting days to my holidays, im into single figures. :D

9days till mine :D

Should start planning what I need to pack soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I need to pay off my holiday today.

It's going to sting but at least once that's done I can concentrate on looking forward to it!

9days till mine :D

Should start planning what I need to pack soon.

Off to Dublin on the 8th in Italy on the 9th :D My bags have been packed for a week...

You off anywhere nice??

Gauge wrote: »
    I need to pay off my holiday today.

It's going to sting but at least once that's done I can concentrate on looking forward to it!

Where are you off too? somewhere nice and sunny i hope!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm going to NYC. Gonna stock up on some makeup and maybe buy myself a new pair of disco pants :)

Must check what the weather will be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Where are you off too? somewhere nice and sunny i hope!

Mongolia :o it's probably going to be cold enough there! Not until August though. I'm meeting up with a friend who lives in Singapore and we're doing a horse riding trek together.

Italy! I'm jealous, it's been on my list of places to visit for a long time. I've heard amazing things about gelato! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Gauge wrote: »
    Mongolia :o it's probably going to be cold enough there! Not until August though. I'm meeting up with a friend who lives in Singapore and we're doing a horse riding trek together.

Italy! I'm jealous, it's been on my list of places to visit for a long time. I've heard amazing things about gelato! :D

I watched the movie Babies recently and Mongolia features in it, it's so beautiful. I've seen it on a few programmes and it just looks amazing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I want a holiday too :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The stress of trying to find a dress for my 21st! I can't seem to find anything pretty and affordable anywhere! :-(

Giving blood tonight. Don’t hold out much hope as the last time my iron was a teeny tiny bit under and the time before that my veins decided to hide which meant they just stuck the needle in a wiggled it about in the hope of finding one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Giving blood tonight. Don’t hold out much hope as the last time my iron was a teeny tiny bit under and the time before that my veins decided to hide which meant they just stuck the needle in a wiggled it about in the hope of finding one.

We went to give blood last month and with their new rules both of our iron levels were too low, mine by 0.1! So we're "banned" for three months, and if it's low next time we can't donate for 6 months I think :(

So today is the day I find out whether I got that job.

I'm banned from giving blood in Ireland, because I lived in England for a year consecutively when the BSE/CJD outbreak was at it's worst.

Acoshla wrote: »
    We went to give blood last month and with their new rules both of our iron levels were too low, mine by 0.1! So we're "banned" for three months, and if it's low next time we can't donate for 6 months I think :(

Yeah i was 0.1 too low. It's crap. You get yourself all worked up in the hope you dont get a sadist who will destroy your arm with a needle and then they tell you your iron doesnt make the cut :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So someone could break the window of your car rip out your radio and you wouldnt know about it? I thought all new cars had alarms?

not all as standard, i assumed they would but alarms do feck all to deter people, if someone wants to bust your window they will. We reckon they were popping the boot to get the unlocking nut out of the spare wheel to take the other ones, must take mine out later just in case, i drive a focus though and theyre as common as muck so it might not be what thryre after, the housemate has a golf gti so its a bit more appealing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

So today is the day I find out whether I got that job.

Fingers crossed for ya Boney!!:)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Got some interviews in London at the end of the month for jobs in the UK, checked my passport last night, turns out it runs out the day before I'm travelling, so must go and get a new one.

Just one of those days at work, pile of stuff to get through for Thursday, slowly, but very slowly getting through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Rant - apple skin stuck in my teeth

Rave - Leinster Rugby. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The Adele version of "I can't make you love me" is stuck in my head for the last two weeks. Its one of those songs that probably would have made me fall apart last summer - stunningly beautiful but really hard hitting - the fact that its stuck in my head NOW is puzzling... worlds most depressing song!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Mollikins wrote: »
    Oooh guilt trip. Yeah that's working much better than shouting. Going now.

Thanks bluewolf. :)

I reckon Bluewolf has her 'Irish Mammy' credentials earned with that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh good god, Womb is a strange little flick.

It was on the list of things I could watch while Mike was out (ie that he had no interest in)

Eh, yeah. *blinks*

Oh my!

Still, has Matt Smith...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm going to NYC. Gonna stock up on some makeup and maybe buy myself a new pair of disco pants :)

Must check what the weather will be like.

lucky sod : ) I'm going end of november : )

ahhhh don't you just love the rain : )

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dyeing my hair. Also got shoes, a shawl and tan so I'm sorted for the wedding on Saturday! Just have to see if I can get it cut on Friday and all is well.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Dyeing my hair. Also got shoes, a shawl and tan so I'm sorted for the wedding on Saturday! Just have to see if I can get it cut on Friday and all is well.. :D

oooh i love getting a full overhaul for an occasion!! Have fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

It's been a while since I posted here but I have been peeping in most days, absorbing all the news.

I decided against a second date with online guy, everytime he text me after the initial meeting I felt kinda nauseous and not in a good way so that made up my mind for me.

I have come to the conclusion that I need an older guy, just 3-4 years older like nothing major. I know we ladies usually do mature quicker but I think I from the age of ten I was forced to grow up and mature really quickly for various reasons. I have always had a massive amount of resnsibility for my age so I think I would be more compatible with someone that bit older.

I'm engrossed in study atm so that will all be taking a back seat for the next couple of weeks.

My health has been really good which proves that none of my symptoms are stress related because I am currently doing exams and looking after two sick dogs. So stress levels are a tad higher then usual.

I'm currently nomming Tesco Mexican Chilli Bean Soup and wow it is so good, I usually make my own soups but i'm cheating this week cos of the exams, but this stuff is great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement