Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Had a ****e day at work..

Could people just order their phones online and not bother me with question after question?

Had some dude shout at me today cos of something to do with one of the mobile networks. Completely not my fault, totally unforseeable.... He called me a liar and everything!

But on the plus side, fresh pineapple!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Well done Novella, you must be so happy! Also jealous of your holidays...

Everyone else still doing exams, we will get there. Or, y'know, retreat to bed and stay there til June. :pac:

Was bored witless taking many buses today, till an old fella got on and asked everyone if he could shut the windows, we said no problem... ten minutes later he turns around to the lady sitting behind him and says, very loudly, "Sorry about the poison gas, it follows me everywhere I go!" She said it was ok, so he repeated it, just as loud. Twenty more minutes in silence and he turns around to her again and announces "There's gas in me bedroom every night too, it just follows me!" Thankfully I couldn't smell it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My bf's nephew was just at Midoc. His eyes have swelled up, sounds like some sort of allergic reaction. Might have to go to hospital if it doesn't improve soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My bf's nephew was just at Midoc. His eyes have swelled up, sounds like some sort of allergic reaction. Might have to go to hospital if it doesn't improve soon.

Oh no! Poor thing! Hope he'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

The binmen forgot to take my bin again today for the third time in six weeks. So frustrating! Gonna have to ring tomorrow and try to get to the bottom of it, first time it happened I was a new customer so I said grand, they probably didn't realise. Second time I was given some excuse about being put on the wrong route or wrong day (even though I see the bin truck go by every Wednesday) and they'd tell the driver to stop at mine in future. Wonder what the excuse will be tomorrow :rolleyes: Really regretting paying for a year contract upfront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I'm in love with my new apartment and I have wine :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

won tickets to a gig myself and the OH want to go to in a radio competition tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I just lost a sneeze. :(

It was a devastating moment for all involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Christ I need to get out of this house. Dad uses those cloth handerchiefs and goes around the house blowing his nose etc with his manky snotty hanky then touching things with his hands. Just caught him taking bread out of the packet, holding the heel in one hand, putting it in the other and then putting it back in the bread bin just after mauling it with his hanky hands when he'd just blown his nose. Then got f*cking aggressive with me for challenging him over it.

Says a lot when my brother of all people has to jump off a chair to stand between us.

Aggressive men in this family...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I keep getting asked questions for book recommendations by someone in my class.

I don't know why they can't just use the recommended reading list that the consultants and lecturers drew up. :confused: There can't be anything to be gained from asking me, because I'm definitely not an expert and am very unaware of ever giving that impression to anyone.

Albection wrote: »
    I keep getting asked questions for book recommendations by someone in my class.

I don't know why they can't just use the recommended reading list that the consultants and lecturers drew up. :confused: There can't be anything to be gained from asking me, because I'm definitely not an expert and am very unaware of ever giving that impression to anyone.

You could repeatedly recommend Adrian Mole books to this person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Christ I need to get out of this house. Dad uses those cloth handerchiefs and goes around the house blowing his nose etc with his manky snotty hanky then touching things with his hands. Just caught him taking bread out of the packet, holding the heel in one hand, putting it in the other and then putting it back in the bread bin just after mauling it with his hanky hands when he'd just blown his nose. Then got f*cking aggressive with me for challenging him over it.

Says a lot when my brother of all people has to jump off a chair to stand between us.

Aggressive men in this family...

THIIIIIS is my pet peeve. I hate cloth hankerchiefs so much :mad: get those disgusting things away from me!

You could repeatedly recommend Adrian Mole books to this person.

It would probably do just as much good. :(

Texted back that the stuff on blackboard was good and was then asked what stuff on blackboard.

Resisted the temptation to tell her to just look at the ****ing site as it can't be missed and told her what section it was under.

Texted back that the stuff on blackboard was good and was then asked what stuff on blackboard.

Resisted the temptation to tell her to just look at the ****ing site as it can't be missed and told her what section it was under.

Odd behaviour on her part. Blackboard really is easy to use. :confused:

Gauge wrote: »
    THIIIIIS is my pet peeve. I hate cloth hankerchiefs so much :mad: get those disgusting things away from me!

Surely must be one of the most unhygenic things in the world. The rest of us use paper hankys like normal people, thrown them in the bin and WASH OUR HANDS after blowing our nose. Because we like, have respect for other people.

I'm a bit OCD with hygiene but he is filthy and does things like that all the time. I challenge him over it and he doesn't like it because as far as he's concerned I'm a child. He called me insolent and a brat, I said "no, I'm an adult and I live here, you're putting your hands all over food and putting it back for other people to eat. I have every right to speak up about it." Sick of him doing **** like this, blows his nose over bread, butter, salad etc... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My exams are going horribly. Today's one wasn't quite as bad as Wednesday's but it was still unpleasant. And I've been awake since before 4 and only got about three hours sleep last night anyway so I'm absolutely shattered and in a horrible mood. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Novella wrote: »
    EXAMS ARE OVER! :D Yay, I didn't drop out of college this time! This is progress! :)
    Yaaay! Congrats. :)
    Gauge wrote: »
    I never had a problem with cloth hankies because I was born after 1930. I cannot believe people actually still use these! Eeeew- do you just pop them in the washing machine afterwards or something!? :eek:

My exams are going horribly. Today's one wasn't quite as bad as Wednesday's but it was still unpleasant. And I've been awake since before 4 and only got about three hours sleep last night anyway so I'm absolutely shattered and in a horrible mood. :(

Hope the remainder go better.

However, if I recall correctly you always seem to do better than you expected. Maybe things went more smoothly than you think.

I recommend you drink lots of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I am actually just so mad right now I could scream.

I hate when people treat others like they're worthless. It really bothers me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Hope the remainder go better.

However, if I recall correctly you always seem to do better than you expected. Maybe things went more smoothly than you think.

I recommend you drink lots of tea.

I'm wondering if part of the reason I feel it went so badly today is because of the exhaustion, going to try to get some sleep now and hopefully feel better and more upbeat in the morning. There will be much, much tea consumed ;):)

Hope everyone feels better soon. Tea and hugs for all. :)

I need some turquoise eye shadow for the wedding on Saturday. I'll have to look through my collection first though before I go running off buying another one. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

RAWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I HATE EXAMS
    I HATE MY LANDLADY
    I HATE TRYING TO DO F*UCKIN DIY WHEN I HAVE TO STUDY!!!!

i need a hug :(

RAWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I HATE EXAMS
    I HATE MY LANDLADY
    I HATE TRYING TO DO F*UCKIN DIY WHEN I HAVE TO STUDY!!!!

i need a hug :(

/offers cookie too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

/offers cookie too

/accepts cookie and crawls into a dark corner wrapped in a duvet ignoring the world :(

As well as his nephew being sick my poor bf's tummy is at him again and he thinks he has an abscess on his tooth. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    As well as his nephew being sick my poor bf's tummy is at him again and he thinks he has an abscess on his tooth. :(

Clove oil, ambesol and whiskey in that order.

HOt compresses against the cheek help too.

Is he able to sleep?

/accepts cookie and crawls into a dark corner wrapped in a duvet ignoring the world :(

/gets really big cookie, about the size and weight of the average adult head, places in bright, airy room with amusing comics and inspirational cat photos taped to walls, and pushes duvet encased pixie into said room for purposes of stress alleviation

Posy wrote: »
    I never had a problem with cloth hankies because I was born after 1930. I cannot believe people actually still use these! Eeeew- do you just pop them in the washing machine afterwards or something!? :eek:

Yep. It's horrid. My old man has been known to put his used one on the radiator to 'dry it out'. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Clove oil, ambesol and whiskey in that order.

HOt compresses against the cheek help too.

Is he able to sleep?

Thanks for the tips Stheno. :) He really only noticed today, he says it hurts when he eats. He's had abscesses before though. He says it's either that or the cap on the tooth has come off/loose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement