Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

dfx- wrote: »
    How exactly would it be examined though...:eek:

i dunno but it could be kinky! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Got the technical assignment for my interview - it's along the lines of what I expected so it's going ok. Three questions in it in total - took the hardest one first and spent 3 hours on it. Hitting question 2 now; I have until tomorrow morning to complete so think it'll be grand.

Interview is tomorrow - no idea what they'll ask this time. First round was really bloody tough, am a bit worried about tomorrow. Hopefully no sweats and shakes this time! :)

Good luck Susie! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Best of luck Susie Q! :)

Stupid Hunger Games Adventures is so annoying. Been trying to complete the same quest for 5 days and I keep getting a reload message on it. Sent an email to the makers of the game but no word back yet. I can't get any further unless I complete this so I'm stuck. Something else weird happened. I completed a task already and it never saved. You have to obtain a flask and fill it and give it to someone. It says that I have filled the flask in my quest list and when I click to hand it to the person it says I need one. Wtf is going on like. /first world problems

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Orla K wrote: »
    I'm not sure that would work the blockage is far down the pipes, how far I don't know, it might mean turning off the water finding out where the blockage is and getting at the pipe. If I were to get at it with a plunger everything would just go into the bath and the blockage would still be there:( I'm hoping my uncle will be able to sort it out, because I have no money to get anyone into fix it. I'll have to talk to my granny but someone died yesterday/today and everyone will be going and I'm not going to bring it up there, I'm not even sure if I'm going none of my clothes fit me I only have casual kinda stuff left.

Honestly, I had the exact same problem and vigorous plunging did the trick. Yep stuff came up into the bath a bit, but nothing a good bleaching couldn't sort out.

A plumber will snake the drain. It's less messy but it'll cost you fifty quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Spinning is the exercise of the devil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Mars Bar wrote: »

Never a truer word spoken. I used to do a double spin class. Back in the days when I was bat-sh1t crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I love it! Was at a class yesterday. Agony today, but the good kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love Spinning.

My ass is immune to it now.

I love Spinning.

I can't wait to get to that stage. I reckon the entire class can tell I'm a newbie by my frequent little bunny hops off the saddle to try and relieve the discomfort!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Never a truer word spoken. I used to do a double spin class. Back in the days when I was bat-sh1t crazy.

We had a fairly heavy football session before it and then I had to cycle home after it. I'm wrecked!
    pampootie wrote: »
    I love it! Was at a class yesterday. Agony today, but the good kind.

It's horrible doing it but you feel mentally good afterwards and then in pain the day after!
    I love Spinning.

My seat was facing kind of up so I felt I was being violated by the seat. :(
    I find the bikes aren't very short person friendly. I struggle to reach the number 2 position while sitting. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I wish I liked sport or exercise like you people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

EXAMS ARE OVER! :D Yay, I didn't drop out of college this time! This is progress! :)

Got my hair done yesterday and going to Lanzarote on Monday. :D

In bed now about to catch up on all the pointless internet browsing I've missed. :) Plus I'm wearing his hoody. There's nothing better than a guy's hoody to be comfy in. :D

That's enough smiley faces for one post! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I realised today that the hospital rotation that I'm really not enjoying is quite nearly over.

I'm ridiculously pleased! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Good woman Novella! You'll really enjoy your holiday now, you've bloody earned it :)

Also I forgot about wearing the OH's hoody... sob! Can't wait to climb into that massive thing again, my OH is well over 6 foot and well built so his hoodies are like tents on me. :D

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Also I forgot about wearing the OH's hoody... sob! Can't wait to climb into that massive thing again, my OH is well over 6 foot and well built so his hoodies are like tents on me. :D

I know the feeling Susie_Q, my bf is just over 6ft and I'm just under 5ft so his hoodies are down to my knees. But so comfy. :D Might try to someday persuade him to give me one. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Polloloca wrote: »
    Just wondering how hard boxercising is and why it left you broken?

MY shoulders/upper arms are killing me from kickboxing last night, but i wouldnt say im broken, just sore.

My husband does weight watchers and it does work, good luck with it. Hope the boxercising gets easier. :)
    It's intense, and I am not used to working out so many muscles. My back and tummy hurt from the sit ups and planking and my wrist and arm are badly bruised from either weights, or punching. I felt so good afterwards though, so I will keep it up. Going again tonight, I have no idea how I will manage doing sit ups. :(

I found the sit ups hard, I had to sit up and punch but couldn't get off the ground :eek:

I had bruised knuckles for my first 3 classes. My wrists really hurt while doing tricep body lifts, I did 3 rounds of planking but collapsed on the 4th round. Do you get punched or just hit bags? We do both and do kicks too. Oh the splits are a killer, think I dislocated my hip lol. I will get there its hard going but after I finish I'm refreshed and exhausted at the same time.

Keep it up and the more you do the easier it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

What is spinning??

I've heard of it but not a clue what it is,

What is spinning??

It's a class on an exercise bike, but they have you changing the resistance and speed to mimic going up and down hills or sprinting etc, you do some bits of it standing on the pedals... It looks a bit silly written down but it's good fun!
    Left the puppy in the kitchen with all his toys while I went to the hairdressers, success! One pool of pee alright but that's ok. He's sitting at the back door now mournfully watching my boyfriend re-fence the garden off.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

All these talks of OH's with hoody's :( another thing that I miss about having an OH. Starting to get really sick of being single now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

who knew that learning about sex and contraception could be so BORING!!!

but on the plus side i have my topics covered i just need to learn it!
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    It always works better as a practical subject.
    if only there was a practical exam for it :p
    Learn by doing! :P
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Straight A's!

:)
    Straight O's ;)
    id get a standing ovation.....so to speak ;)
    Standing OVULation don't you mean? :P

Evening ladies. Good to see ye're keeping well ;)

(Keira will be proud :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

What is spinning??

I hate spinning. I would gladly run for a few hours over a half an hour spinning class. Don't mind real cycling but spinning classes...eugh!

Broke my iPod today :( I've had it since 2005!! 7 years :eek: One of the original video ones. So I guess it's lasted long! Seeing as I use it everyday. Stupid thing fell out of my pocket when I was walking to the shop and smashed open. Tried fixing it myself and got the screen to work fine but the sound is gone. A Nano would be handy for exercising..will order one of those now! Yipee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

would anyone like to do my exam for me?? pwetty pwease???? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Novella wrote: »
    EXAMS ARE OVER! :D Yay, I didn't drop out of college this time! This is progress! :)

Got my hair done yesterday and going to Lanzarote on Monday. :D

In bed now about to catch up on all the pointless internet browsing I've missed. :) Plus I'm wearing his hoody. There's nothing better than a guy's hoody to be comfy in. :D

That's enough smiley faces for one post! :pac:

Well done! :) Must be such a relief. Enjoy your holiday, well deserved!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

So tired, with so much work to do, less the 24 hours till I hand in this folder and I'm pretty sure that I'll be handing it up with some gaps in it. Haven't slept more than four hours a night for the last two nights, and I'll need to try and go all night tonight :(

Had a bit of a breakdown yesterday in front of a friend, but it helped get my head focused on where it needed to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

So tired, with so much work to do, less the 24 hours till I hand in this folder and I'm pretty sure that I'll be handing it up with some gaps in it. Haven't slept more than four hours a night for the last two nights, and I'll need to try and go all night tonight :(

Had a bit of a breakdown yesterday in front of a friend, but it helped get my head focused on where it needed to be

I don't know how you do it! You've always got so much work on, and I'm here complaining over nothing :rolleyes: I hope you get it all finished up soon, sounds like you deserve a break :)

My house mate decided to have two friends stay over for the week. Not impressed, it's exam week ffs. Her lack of consideration is astonishing, she knows me and the other girl have study to do, and she has her own exams. All I can hear every night is loud Spanish jabbering.

Bleh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Three hours sleep last night, and then had an anxiety attack in work today when we were busy and understaffed. I know I should be studying but I can't....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Delighted this evening to see that the Vita Cortex staff have reached a settlement and they'll be going home to their families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Three hours sleep last night, and then had an anxiety attack in work today when we were busy and understaffed. I know I should be studying but I can't....

Hope you're okay LMP. Don't worry about the study tonight, if you're not in the right frame of mind it'll be pointless anyway, Look after yourself!

*hugs for everybody* :) xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

First exam went better than expected!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement