Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Just started my first bootcamp session today, in the rain and mud! It was really tough I have to say, but I feel so good now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

coco_lola wrote: »
    Just started my first bootcamp session today, in the rain and mud! It was really tough I have to say, but I feel so good now! :D

Oh my, well done you. And there was I pi*s proud of myself for joining a gym today! Will have to up my game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Back from kickboxing. It gets harder each week, came very close to fainting went really dizzy and had to go out for air and thank goodness it was raining. Cooled me down somewhat..

Got into contact backing with 3 fellas, one didn't hold back the punches thought I would be black n blue coming home but no I'm all good. I love kickboxing :D

Back from kickboxing. It gets harder each week, came very close to fainting went really dizzy and had to go out for air and thank goodness it was raining. Cooled me down somewhat..

Got into contact backing with 3 fellas, one didn't hold back the punches thought I would be black n blue coming home but no I'm all good. I love kickboxing :D

Thats actually something I would love to try when I get a bit (read, a lot! ) fitter, did one boxercise class and nearly died but someday! Just out of interest Do you find there are many females going to the classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

careymary wrote: »

Thats actually something I would love to try when I get a bit (read, a lot! ) fitter, did one boxercise class and nearly died but someday! Just out of interest Do you find there are many females going to the classes?

I was the only female there tonight, there was 12 fellas... There is another woman who does it and is a yellow belt She is a big woman at least a size 16 and aged over 30 but under 40.

I read a lot too, got insurgent this morning and finished it before I went kickboxing, my 2 hobbies :D.

I will continue to do the kickboxing I love it. It's hard but it's fun, the punches hurt a little but it should toughen up my tummy. I'm not dead yet so all good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Careymary - I did martial arts for 12 years (kenpo and taekwondo), and there were always a good few women at the classes. Give it a go, you just might like it :)

I get the feeling that today would have horribly disappointed a certain Mr Coulton here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ok, I'm back at home.

This isn't joking, this is actually the view from our hotel room in Camden Town:

b2piW.jpg
    CowzG.jpg
    eQxpp.jpg
    GiK3l.jpg

Best view EVER. :D

Careymary - I did martial arts for 12 years (kenpo and taekwondo), and there were always a good few women at the classes. Give it a go, you just might like it :)

Thanks I will def give it a go after a bit, its always been something I have had an interest in doing / trying!

careymary wrote: »
    Oh my, well done you. And there was I pi*s proud of myself for joining a gym today! Will have to up my game!!!

Well done on joining the gym! It is a hard hurdle to get over, I've been there!

I was a member of a gym for 6 months, and I think I went about 5 times :eek: This suits me better because I have no motivation, I need someone to shout at me constantly and prod me in the back, and no one stares at you, they are too focused on doing their own thing! I loved it, but I know I won't tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Orla K wrote: »
    Well at least you know you have a problem that's the first step to getting help!:pac:

But seriously I don't mind talking grammar but when someone is completely derailing a thread and annoying a newbie then I get annoyed with the stupidity of it all.

Bit late on this I know, but I just can't read threads when bad spelling/grammar is used all over the shop. I get too frustrated by it and end up either ignoring their point or slightly hating the person. So I just head to R&R instead.:D

Also, exams. :(:(:( I want them to be over and I'm only 1/4 of the way in. But my excellent mammy sent me a chocolate parcel today to get me through it. \o/

• Advertisement

By the way, I mentioned the other day that I got an extremely unique pair of boots while away. Well, take a look at these:

oLn1b.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Links they are cool!!! :D

The first episode of Gavin & Stacey is on GOLD. :D

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Links they are cool!!! :D

Thank you! :D

though I think they might freak some people out :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The fat dog lost 300g in 2 weeks. I'm being very strict with her food intake, she probably needs to lost at least another 2kg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I know I'm beyond help re this exam tomorrow - but I'd feel worse if I didn't try cram a little...

I've taken 2 caffine pills and am trying to build up the motivation to at least read through notes so I can maybe attempt something.

It's going to be a long night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This local writer friended me on facebook after I did the book launch thing and it's only been a few days but there is just a barrage of updates from him promoting his book. Which is fair enough, but it's literally him sharing the same photo about 20 times a day.

Just as my finger was hovering over the "hide" button, I noticed someone had commented on the latest one. I clicked on it and it was someone giving out to him for spamming everyone's feeds!

Sh1t just got real, yo!

*gets popcorn*

God, when writers fight it's the best thing ever.

I love The Big Bang Theory. :)

Odd question for anyone in the know really. Have to tan my legs for the wedding. Should I shave and then tan or tan and then shave? :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Shave then tan. I think you're meant to exfoliate in there somewhere too but thats too girly for me.

Shave then tan. I think you're meant to exfoliate in there somewhere too but thats too girly for me.

I was thinking that. I think I'll shave now and tan in the morning. I don't think I'll be exfoliating though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I was thinking that. I think I'll shave now and tan in the morning. I don't think I'll be exfoliating though. :p

whens the wedding jane, if your going to need to shave your legs again before then your better off living the tan till the last minute otherwise shaving again could make it go all streaky

• Advertisement

Shave, Exfoliate, Moisturise, Tan! It'll be blotchy otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Shave, Exfoliate, Moisturise, Tan!

Tights :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

And today has gotten worse,

For those that might be eating or something
    toilet water (from a few days ago!) seems to be coming up into my bath when the toilet is flushed, which means there's a blockage somewhere in the pipes that will have to be searched for and I've no idea how they could fix it, hopefully it would be on a bit that easy to get to, it's also causing a god awful smell and I'm kinda afraid to go in case it gets worse

I'm off to bed hopefully nothing else bad will happen between now and when I go to sleep.

whens the wedding jane, if your going to need to shave your legs again before then your better off living the tan till the last minute otherwise shaving again could make it go all streaky

It's on Saturday. Not sure if I will need to shave again before then. I have one leg done though... :p

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Kiera wrote: »
    **** no, I hate ironing. I can set you up with my mam tho. She'd iron me if I stood still long enough.

Fooking hate ironing. I have ironed nothing since Christmas except baby clothes, because they are cute and tiny. After 5 babygros I got bored... The mother loves ironing though. I think I was switched at birth.
    EmilyO's post reminded me of something.....did Neyite have her baby yet??

Nope. Junior is still incarcarated.:D Is eligible for parole after Saturday, if good behaviour applies. I have a family wedding and child is not allowed out until after that. The thought of having a days-old baby with loads of clucky relations around giving me unwanted advise would give me the horrors!
    Shave, Exfoliate, Moisturise, Tan! It'll be blotchy otherwise.

My "tan" for the wedding is gonna be out of a packet from the hoisery dept in mothercare. I had aspirations of painting toenails for the wedding but since I've not been able to reach my knees since March, I guess thats out! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Mammy Bluewolf will be happy to hear that the exam was easy peasy lemon squeezy! :D
    Loads of people left early because of it even though they read over their answers numerous times.

Didn’t get to give blood. :( So disappointed about it because I had psyched myself up for it and I was waiting for ages for the nurse to call me (because they saw regular donors before first timers) but they said my veins were too narrow so they sent me home. Bit annoyed they didn’t really try though. I’ve no problem with needles and I wouldn’t have minded getting bruised. I just wanted to get the first time over with. Guess I’ll just have to drink even more before I try next time.

Had stuff to do in town today, things for me and things I said I would do for other people. I was rushing all around the town trying to get it all done before I went to the clinic so I wouldn’t have the pressure of doing it all afterwards in case I felt weak. Ended up getting drenched in showers because of it and it was all for nothing since I didn’t get to donate. Of course I managed to sort everything I said I’d do for other people but when it came to doing the things for myself fate conspired against me. Bit pissed off because of it.

Even though it’s great that I’m finished my exams it also means my course is finished and chances are I won’t see a lot of the people from my course ever again. I’m going to miss them all so much. I hate it when things end. :(

Oh well, onwards and upwards! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm really jonsing for a chicken Ceaser salad right now. Got my first consultation with Motivation Weight Loss Clinic in Swords on THursday and I'm feeling kinda nervous about it. :/
    Anyone got any helpful ideas of what it's like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Three hours sleep and its time for work; oh yay.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Orla K wrote: »
    And today has gotten worse,

For those that might be eating or something
    toilet water (from a few days ago!) seems to be coming up into my bath when the toilet is flushed, which means there's a blockage somewhere in the pipes that will have to be searched for and I've no idea how they could fix it, hopefully it would be on a bit that easy to get to, it's also causing a god awful smell and I'm kinda afraid to go in case it gets worse

I'm off to bed hopefully nothing else bad will happen between now and when I go to sleep.

Plunger.

Get a decent pneumatic one (they're about a tenner in the hardware shops - mine's an abflusreinger -- sorry I just like the name).

Attack the toilet and the bath plug hole with it.

And wear goggles.

And have something to scrub yourself with in the shower after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm really jonsing for a chicken Ceaser salad right now. Got my first consultation with Motivation Weight Loss Clinic in Swords on THursday and I'm feeling kinda nervous about it. :/
    Anyone got any helpful ideas of what it's like?

I haven't been there but I think it's a consultation with someone who will go through your diet, give you an eating plan and an exercise plan and most of all be very, very nice to you. They won't be d1cks or judgemental about your weight if that helps calm the nerves :)

If I remember your posts correctly I was kinda in the same position as you weightwise when I first went to Weightwatchers and I was absolutely bricking it going to the first meeting, dunno what I thought would happen, people seeing me walking in & scoffing at me or the leader lady making trumpeting elephant noises when I got on the scales but it all worked out so well in the end

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement