Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm feeling a little weird today. Really happy because I lost 7lbs this week, kinda confused because I text my OH to tell him and I didn't get a reply at all and when I spoke to him a few minutes ago he didn't even mention it! Annoyed with myself because I have assignments to finish and study to do but I just can't seem to stick at it. Oh well... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I don't know if anyone remembers a while ago I was saying that a friend on my boyfriend's was over and was going on about transgender people and how much he didn't like them, I can't even remember now what he was saying just that it made me argue with him :p

Anyways, he was over again yesterday, and we were talking about a mutual friend's new baby. My boyfriend made some flippant comment that the mum is breastfeeding, and the friend said "UGH, like, in front of ye? Ah jaysus, right there on the couch? I mean it's natural and all but like take it into another room love". Cue a 5 minute talk from myself and boyfriend about how a new mother can do WHATEVER the hell she likes on her own couch in her own home, and - gasp, horror - how dare she feed her child there! Your man was looking at my boyfriend for some sort of backup from the crazy lady in the corner (me :p) but boyfriend just said "If people have a problem with it it's their problem not hers, if you're uncomfortable with her feeding her own baby in her own home don't visit". Very proud of him, he's such a modern man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Very stressful day ahead- I have a presentation to do for my evening class that I STILL cannot get right, it insists on taking me over the time limit even after I've cut out all my favourite pieces and thus entirely lost interest in it and then immediately afterwards I'm meeting a guy from the internet for a first date!

On the plus side, the presentation stress is taking my mind off the date stress, but it's also cutting into my preparations for that, so I'm going to turn up frazzled and scruffy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Cooked chicken curry on Monday and the leftovers are still in the fridge. Will it be ok today or should I chuck it out? Don't want to waste it, plan was to have it for lunch yesterday.

Cooked chicken curry on Monday and the leftovers are still in the fridge. Will it be ok today or should I chuck it out? Don't want to waste it, plan was to have it for lunch yesterday.

I'd eat it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well done Lola!

Don't worry about your other half. The amount of things I've been excited about that my fella has no reaction about is staggering.

Another restless night in our household. James was full-on bawling for Daddy 3 times during the night, I have no idea what set him off. I asked him this morning why he was making so much noise and he told me that he wanted to get into Daddy's bed.

Hopefully it's his final two molars. Please let it be that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'd eat it!

That's all the confirmation I need imagine how amazing it's going to taste after two days sitting in the sauce? :pac:

That's all the confirmation I need imagine how amazing it's going to taste after two days sitting in the sauce? :pac:

I do have the constitution of an ox though, I spent years reheating takeaway rice to tepid and eating it before finding out that you're totally not supposed to do that, I was always fine! :pac:

My wedding shoesies arrived just now, yay! I would prance around in them but I'm wearing hiking socks, laced up fitflop runners and a batman hoody (with jeans too obviously!) so not sure I'd get the full effect :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hi everyone. Just woke up. Didn't sleep very well at all. Just couldn't get warm. Finally drifted off at around 4.30am (but woke up 3 or 4 times after that) after reading for a while. (Catching Fire is great btw.. Really only started yesterday.)

Have to get up now and clean out my goldfish bowl and then walk to the chemist. Also have to put on tan at some stage today.

Hope everyone is okay today. :)

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just woke up. Didn't sleep very well at all. Just couldn't get warm. Finally drifted off at around 4.30am (but woke up 3 or 4 times after that) after reading for a while. (Catching Fire is great btw.. Really only started yesterday.)

Have to get up now and clean out my goldfish bowl and then walk to the chemist. Also have to put on tan at some stage today.

Hope everyone is okay today. :)

Jane when's the wedding?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

It'd probably be fine if you absolutely nuke it in the microwave, I usually make two batches of tikka or bolognese in one go, works out cheaper and easier. Only ever felt dodgy after it once, I don't think I cooked the mince enough in the first place.

So sick of sitting at a desk for hours on end, I want a holiday! Or even TV. TV would be nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i cooked monday evening and had the leftovers yesterday i would say you are fine

goldfish need reaaaaaaally big tanks or they get depressed

i think i'll go to M&S tonight and get something tasty
    i never have before but it could be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

How much mischief can one dog get up to? Over the past three hours he has managed to:
    1. Sneak a teatowel off the counter and rip it to shreds.
    2. Launch himself at the budgie cage, missing said budgies but knocking their water and food things all over the floor.
    3. Eat half the budgie seed before I managed to stop him.
    4. Fart in my face.
    5. Get some plastic stuck between his teeth and scrape my thumb while I tried to get it out.
    6. Worst one-has found a weak link in the fence somewhere and got into my neighbours garden. I can't find where it is so no unsupervised garden play for him today. Have a hair appointment later so am torn between shutting him on the shed, which he hates, in the kitchen, which will result in untold destruction, or just cancelling it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

watch him from the kitchen or an upstairs window to see where he's digging through, he'll do it once he thinks he's on his own again

we had to do that with ours before we could find the weak spots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I don't know if anyone remembers a while ago I was saying that a friend on my boyfriend's was over and was going on about transgender people and how much he didn't like them, I can't even remember now what he was saying just that it made me argue with him :p

Anyways, he was over again yesterday, and we were talking about a mutual friend's new baby. My boyfriend made some flippant comment that the mum is breastfeeding, and the friend said "UGH, like, in front of ye? Ah jaysus, right there on the couch? I mean it's natural and all but like take it into another room love". Cue a 5 minute talk from myself and boyfriend about how a new mother can do WHATEVER the hell she likes on her own couch in her own home, and - gasp, horror - how dare she feed her child there! Your man was looking at my boyfriend for some sort of backup from the crazy lady in the corner (me :p) but boyfriend just said "If people have a problem with it it's their problem not hers, if you're uncomfortable with her feeding her own baby in her own home don't visit". Very proud of him, he's such a modern man! :D

You could also add that she is ALSO entitled to breastfeed in public ( :eek: :p ) and if someone tries to stop her, they can be done under the discrimination laws. That'd soften his cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

bluewolf wrote: »
    watch him from the kitchen or an upstairs window to see where he's digging through, he'll do it once he thinks he's on his own again

we had to do that with ours before we could find the weak spots

GENIUS!

@Acoshla - It's on Saturday.

@Acoshla - It's on Saturday.

Is today not very early to put tan on no?

@Ivy the idea of her doing it in her own home in front of people was so baffling to him that I think his head would have exploded if I mentioned anything about in public! :)

probs a good idea to see if it suits, or if it's a gradual one

@Ivy the idea of her doing it in her own home in front of people was so baffling to him that I think his head would have exploded if I mentioned anything about in public! :)

I don't know tbh. I want to have time to let it develop just in case I need more/have to attempt to scrub it off because I've never actually used the particular one I got before.. What do people think? Is tanning today too early? :o

• Advertisement

I don't know tbh. I want to have time to let it develop just in case I need more/have to attempt to scrub it off because I've never actually used the particular one I got before.. What do people think? Is tanning today too early? :o

No, try it today if you've never used it before

I came in here to say something and now I forget what :rolleyes:
    mustn't have been important

Depends on what type of tan it is, but if it's one that needs too develop won't you need a shower again on Friday or Saturday before the wedding and wash it off a bit? I haven't used developing tan in years but used to put it on the night before things, if you were doing a run through today I'd be scrubbing it off again Friday and redoing it.

That's what I was thinking. I need help to do my back so I have to wait until Mam comes back. Might go to the chemist and do my legs when I get back. Thanks bluewolf. :)

Just made an appointment to get my hair cut Friday morning, hopefully it'll last the weekend for me. :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Well done Lola!

Don't worry about your other half. The amount of things I've been excited about that my fella has no reaction about is staggering.

Another restless night in our household. James was full-on bawling for Daddy 3 times during the night, I have no idea what set him off. I asked him this morning why he was making so much noise and he told me that he wanted to get into Daddy's bed.

Hopefully it's his final two molars. Please let it be that!

Thanks Das, I think I'm just a bit stressed and hormonal and over thinking things. Hopefully it will be his teeth and over and done with soon. Ella has been a demon for the last week and I just copped it last night she is probably teething because her cheeks were so red I thought they were going to start glowing!

Jane what tan is it? I've tried most of them in a bid to get rid of the pasty skin :P

It's actually tanning wipes that I got and I used a different type before and it took ages for it to fade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Trying to get a boy to find out the dress code of an event is more difficult than it should be.
    So far all I know is I'm to wear "a nice dress"

Lola it's Garnier Ambre Solaire Original Intense no streaks Bronzer. It's 2 wipes in a little packet.

It's actually tanning wipes that I got and I used a different type before and it took ages for it to fade.

Then I would wait til Friday to do the real thing but a trial run would be no harm today if you want to do one. I would have some exfoliator on hand in case you have trouble getting itoff before doing it for the wedding. :)

Should have got 2 packs.. I'll see what happens today. If it turns out ok I'll leave it and see if it fades and get another pack when I'm in Portlaoise on Friday.

• Advertisement

Should have got 2 packs.. I'll see what happens today. If it turns out ok I'll leave it and see if it fades and get another pack when I'm in Portlaoise on Friday.

I'd say it'll definitely fade some bit between showering, sleeping, etc, the last thing you want is a blotchy patchy tan by Saturday! :) This is why I just use some sun shimmer, I'm the world's worst for fake tan, it always makes my legs blotchy and I stain every surface with it and inevitably have brown palms :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement