Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34/35/36 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Still amazed that Bale has dropped so sharply, he's not playing bad and has a DGW coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

roryc wrote: »
    Still amazed that Bale has dropped so sharply, he's not playing bad and has a DGW coming up.

I'm surprised he's dropping so quickly as well but that's partly to do with the new system. However, he hasn't been delivering many points while someoene like Walcott has plus he has a game this week. Most people don't pay any attention to how a player is actually playing.

I have to say though I believe Bale will produce soon and bite those people in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

the problem has less been with Bale himself, but rather his team mates. But as we all know, without your team mates, you're nothing, hence Bale's low points returns. The woodwork hasn't helped him either. Damn that woodwork

I consider the woodwork as good as a goal in terms of analysis of FF. You have some posters saying Suarez wasn't worth it because he wasn't finishing well. He was unlucky for a lot of his games, and for those that took a gamble on him at the right time it paid off.

Bale was very unlucky last week, hitting the underside of the crossbar. To say there's any difference in his form to whether or not that went in is idiotic. I'm strongly thinking of getting him back in, I think a Bale DGW massively beats a Valencia/Young away game at City.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 wrote: »
    fantasy111232.jpg

My current team for GW34...

I have one free sub and 0.4m in the bank....

Any opinions?

Ok I need some advice for the upcoming mammoth of a GW36.

I have a free transfer coming into 35 so I've 2 transfer available to me.

I suppose the obvious teams for GW36 are Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle. I also fancy Jelavic.

For GW35 I need to make one of my subs for GW36 subs but I'm struggling to work someone decent into the team.

Ideally I'd like to get rid of my Sunderland players and replace with double GW players but due to the fact that I only have 0.4m in the bank it's tough to work someone decent in.

Ok - the players I'm currently considering getting in for the double GW.
    • Chelsea defender - probably Cahill
    • Chelsea midfielder- Mata
    • Newcastle midfielder - Ben Arfa
    • Newcastle striker - Cisse
    • Spurs forward - Ade (again, having only brought him in last gw and dropped him straightaway)
    • Everton striker - Jelavic
    • Liverpool striker - Suarez

Now naturally I can't bring in all these players but that who I am currently considering.

So my questions are who would you work-in in GW35? And who else would you go for out of the list above?

I'm reluctant to drop any of my top three but I'm going to have to. Who would you drop for GW36? Bearing mind that I won't get him back the last two GW's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Def going to take a 4-point hit for GW 36 now

Cahill for Kompany
    Dempsey for Walcott
    BArfa for McClean

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

roryc wrote: »
    I consider the woodwork as good as a goal in terms of analysis of FF. You have some posters saying Suarez wasn't worth it because he wasn't finishing well. He was unlucky for a lot of his games, and for those that took a gamble on him at the right time it paid off.

Bale was very unlucky last week, hitting the underside of the crossbar. To say there's any difference in his form to whether or not that went in is idiotic. I'm strongly thinking of getting him back in, I think a Bale DGW massively beats a Valencia/Young away game at City.

Well, there's no points for hitting the woodwork, and there was no right time for Suarez this year, when you take into account his price and the other forwards doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Def going to take a 4-point hit for GW 36 now

Cahill for Kompany
    Dempsey for Walcott
    BArfa for McClean

Most people will probably will take a hit for that week.
    Looking at a midfield including Dempsey,Mata and Barfa for that GW,will move out Valencia or Walcott to get Barfa,points hit will come for Huth of Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

With Chelsea's other defenders all suffering various misfortunes, I think Cahill won't be rotated, simply because there aren't other options

Mata would be a real rotation risk imo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 of the worst teams in the league have 2 games next GW,will anybody bother getting in Villa or Bolton players seeing as they have more chance of losing points than gaining any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I still can't see any must make purchases for the next 2 weeks. Have 3 to play with.

Will probably do Valencia -> Dempsey during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Its more important to have one top class player in the dgw who you feel will play both game and score well in both so that u can captain him. Beyond that i dont think the dgw is too important, you probably will have some others playing in it so dont get too stressed out about it. You just need to keep a cool head at this stage of the season.

Yeah thanks for advice!

I have decided to bring in Tevez for Rooney this week, Hibbert for Gibbs, and Gareth Bale for Antonion Valencia, all to come into effect for Gw 35.

This means I will have 5 players for DGW, including those mentioned above and Simpson, Cisse and Van De Vart. I will then bring in Jelavic for Van Persie, brining players for DGW up to 6. Hope to captain Bale, all of this comes with a -4 point hit. I brought in Bale now rather than Gw 35, as I hope he doesn't get any cheaper and begins to rise in value again, was afraid he might start going back up, and found 9.1 to be a reasonable pricetag. Plus I fancy him to do well against QPR. I'll keep Jelavic for DGW only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I'll keep Jelavic for DGW only.

Really? They have wolves the following week

titan18 wrote: »
    Well, there's no points for hitting the woodwork, and there was no right time for Suarez this year, when you take into account his price and the other forwards doing well

Of course there's no points for hitting the woodwork but to say that there's any difference between that and a goal for analysis purposes is naiive.

If player A is playing well and not scoring, I would take him over Player B playing badly but got higher points in his last game or two. Luck only lasts a certain amount of time and players will eventually get rewarded if they are playing well. Just look at Rooney last night, played a shocker but got two goals. I wouldn't expect him to get much points going forward if his form stays like that.

And saying there was no right time for Suarez is silly, getting him in just before his DGW was the right time. He got 12 points that week and many had him as captain. Since then he got 2 goals in 4 games, not a bad return at all but not as prolific as the Big 2, or the likes of Cisse which is why many are getting rid. For people who took the chance on players like him, Cisse and Pogrebnyk, it paid off. Price shouldn't come into it, like was discussed yesterday most people have cash left over in the bank now due to the emergence of cheap players and bad performance from expensive ones.

I think Suarez has had a **** season but thought he was getting closer to going on a good run, coupled with a double GW. He hasn't been bad at all while I had him, unlike Gerrard who was prob my worst trasfer of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Yeah thanks for advice!

I have decided to bring in Tevez for Rooney this week, Hibbert for Gibbs, and Gareth Bale for Antonion Valencia, all to come into effect for Gw 35.

This means I will have 5 players for DGW, including those mentioned above and Simpson, Cisse and Van De Vart. I will then bring in Jelavic for Van Persie, brining players for DGW up to 6. Hope to captain Bale, all of this comes with a -4 point hit. I brought in Bale now rather than Gw 35, as I hope he doesn't get any cheaper and begins to rise in value again, was afraid he might start going back up, and found 9.1 to be a reasonable pricetag. Plus I fancy him to do well against QPR. I'll keep Jelavic for DGW only.

No problem. Am surprised that you brought in Bale though. That performance last night won't have helped Spurs for the rest of the season + with Redknapp probably going to manage England it is difficult to know how they will do. I mean Bale has 2 assists in last 9 PL games and if you remember how he finished last season it wouldnt inspire anyone with confidence, so is he really a good captaincy option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

bonus points up yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Rastapitts wrote: »
    bonus points up yet?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Chelsea and Liverpool in the cup final a few days after they complete their double fixtures for this gameweek.....i had planned on having a few from each of them, going to have to think again..........players will be rested no doubt............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Rastapitts wrote: »
    bonus points up yet?

Wonder are they going to hold off until tomorrow!
    Or just make us wait like last week.................... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Mata and Cahill would be obvious choices. But with the Champions League and FA cup final there'll be a lot of rotation. Mata most likely being affected. Cahill didn't even start yesterday even though I thought he would with Ivanovic suspended. So don't know what that means for the league. 2 good home games but so much rotation. It's a lottery as to who plays significant parts in their 2 home dgw fixtures except for Cech, Cole and Terry maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

at the minute for the dgw i have Cahill, Cisse, Simpson and Bale. I have 2 transfers now and il have another next week so that'll be a total of 7 doubles i have by the time the gameweek starts. Transfers im thinking of are Richards, Valencia and Sessengon out with Assou-Ekoto, Ben Afra and Dempsey coming in. Thoughts of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm beginning to think this dgw business might be overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think this dgw business might be overrated

i would agree with you if we were in the middle of the season or if you were bringing in scrap players for the sake of them having an extra game - like the villa/bolton game this week, but with only two gameweeks left after the double you may as well go for it and try and give yourself the best chance of gathering up points where you can now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

at the minute for the dgw i have Cahill, Cisse, Simpson and Bale. I have 2 transfers now and il have another next week so that'll be a total of 7 doubles i have by the time the gameweek starts. Transfers im thinking of are Richards, Valencia and Sessengon out with Assou-Ekoto, Ben Afra and Dempsey coming in. Thoughts of that?

Sounds good to me, although I have Assou-Ekoto and am planning to bring in the other 2 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I put almost all of my eggs into this weeks half fixtures knowing i could make some ground in my own league and ive went upto second and may even be first when the bonus points come in. With the shape my team is in now tho i wont be able to get in people for the dgw without spending some points. Should i leave my Team full of city arsenal and united players as is or get in them double boys?? any suggestions??

Same as me by the sound of it, not fully convinced on Bale or Cahill yet though. Might double up on Spurs defenders if Cahill isn't guaranteed a start, expect Spurs to keep a clean sheet even after last nights drubbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Anyone gonna take a punt on a Bolton or Villa player for gw35? I have Bogdan already so I'll put him between the sticks.

Thinking of taking a punt of Miyachi or Petrov. Is Miyachi playing centrally does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Who would be the best goal keeper to get in for the dgw? Have Vorm & Al-Habsi but want to ship out Al-Habsi. Was thinking of Krul but they
    are away for both games in the dgw. Was also thinking of Friedel, was Friedel injured yesterday for the FA Cup game or was he just rested?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

PWEI wrote: »
    Who would be the best goal keeper to get in for the dgw? Have Vorm & Al-Habsi but want to ship out Al-Habsi. Was thinking of Krul but they
    are away for both games in the dgw. Was also thinking of Friedel, was Friedel injured yesterday for the FA Cup game or was he just rested?

Still thinking Krul. Newcastle are on a roll and will be pushing hard for fourth spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Really? They have wolves the following week

Granted, but they do have Norwich. I'll think about it after Gw35 and the two doubles are over.
    No problem. Am surprised that you brought in Bale though. That performance last night won't have helped Spurs for the rest of the season + with Redknapp probably going to manage England it is difficult to know how they will do. I mean Bale has 2 assists in last 9 PL games and if you remember how he finished last season it wouldnt inspire anyone with confidence, so is he really a good captaincy option?

Maybe, maybe it will. I think Bale has picked up as of late, as has VDV, and their two games are Bolton and Blackburn. Granted, they are relegation battlers, but also, Tottenham will be vying for a Champions League spot still and will be fired up after a terrible run of fixtures and off the back of an Fa cup semi which they could of won, they will feel vengeful. I think in the next three games, Bale and VDV will prove they still have what they had earlier in the season. I'm willing to take the risk. The only other doubler I'd captian atm is Cisse, or Jelavic, once again, will see how Gw35 goes for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement