Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34/35/36 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Think I've figured it out. Will do 4 transfers (8 pt hit) for 6 dgwers, 1x keeper 4x def 1x str. Should keep me ticking along

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man wrote: »
    Think I've figured it out. Will do 4 transfers (8 pt hit) for 6 dgwers, 1x keeper 4x def 1x str. Should keep me ticking along

Who, Krul??? Thinking of getting a keeper in myself but not sure who yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Got rid of Rooney for Tevez and I've taken a 4 point hit for Dempsey (Punted Ashley Young because I believe that he's now a real rotation risk with the return of Nani and his antics wont have helped his prospects). I figure its best to get him now and take a 4 point hit for 3 matches over 2 GW's than a DGW.

Currently have 5 players for DGW, could be 6 after GW35.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Is Tevez a better option than Aguero? I'm not convinced.

roryc wrote: »

Its really all about differentials at this stage though isnt it, and a lot of people would have brought Aguero in over the last two weeks so having Tevez could potentially prove to be a better signing if he keeps on form for the rest of the season! I will be transferring him out for Ade fo GW36 all the same...

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »

I believe Tevez is a more consistent points scorer than Aguero, maybe he'll be more consistent playing with Tevez but I'm going with Tevez for the differential, 1.4% vs. 27.1%

Its really all about differentials at this stage though isnt it, and a lot of people would have brought Aguero in over the last two weeks so having Tevez could potentially prove to be a better signing if he keeps on form for the rest of the season! I will be transferring him out for Ade fo GW36 all the same...

If you are bringing in a City attacker it should be this week, even at a 4 point hit. City could absolutely destroy Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »

Who, Krul??? Thinking of getting a keeper in myself but not sure who yet!

Can't be tellin ye that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ok,it might be mad but I swapped RVP for Tevez,Wolves are woeful and City have the firepower to destroy them.
    Was contemplating Rooney to Tevez but after Fergie's comments, Rooney will be fired up for the Everton game.I also got Ben Arfa in which gives me a problem,who to drop from my midfield of Bale,Valencia,Siggy & Walcott for this weekend.Thinking of dropping Bale as QPR will be tough at home plus Spurs are in poor form of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PWEI wrote: »
    Who would be the best goal keeper to get in for the dgw? Have Vorm & Al-Habsi but want to ship out Al-Habsi. Was thinking of Krul but they
    are away for both games in the dgw. Was also thinking of Friedel, was Friedel injured yesterday for the FA Cup game or was he just rested?

Friedel was rested. Cudicini had started all the previous Cup games so Harry started him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Only 4 DGW players for week 36,looking like a points hit is needed.Adebayor & Dempsey are standing out but Jelavic is on form too......AAAAGGGHH....Who to go for???

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Spurs absolutely HAVE to bounce back sometime soon

That team is too good to keep playing badly

I'll be invested with three Spurs players for the DGW

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Spurs absolutely HAVE to bounce back sometime soon

That team is too good to keep playing badly

I'll be invested with three Spurs players for the DGW

I've it pencilled in for preseason :pac:

I think Spurs have squad depth issues which puts limitations of the effectiveness of their tactics at times and fitness levels. I think they could be out of steam for the rest of the season. Its only the teams that they are playing gives me any confidence in their DGW.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 wrote: »
    Ok I need some advice for the upcoming mammoth of a GW36.

I have a free transfer coming into 35 so I've 2 transfer available to me.

I suppose the obvious teams for GW36 are Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle. I also fancy Jelavic.

For GW35 I need to make one of my subs for GW36 subs but I'm struggling to work someone decent into the team.

Ideally I'd like to get rid of my Sunderland players and replace with double GW players but due to the fact that I only have 0.4m in the bank it's tough to work someone decent in.

Ok - the players I'm currently considering getting in for the double GW.
    • Chelsea defender - probably Cahill
    • Chelsea midfielder- Mata
    • Newcastle midfielder - Ben Arfa
    • Newcastle striker - Cisse
    • Spurs forward - Ade (again, having only brought him in last gw and dropped him straightaway)
    • Everton striker - Jelavic
    • Liverpool striker - Suarez

Now naturally I can't bring in all these players but that who I am currently considering.

So my questions are who would you work-in in GW35? And who else would you go for out of the list above?

I'm reluctant to drop any of my top three but I'm going to have to. Who would you drop for GW36? Bearing mind that I won't get him back the last two GW's.

Would really appreciate some help....

I'd avoid Suarez, Jelavic and Ade, also Cahill and Mata are gambles to get 2 full games with the cup final.

Would really appreciate some help....

Here's players I'd consider for GW36

BArfa
    Cisse
    Cech
    BAE
    Bale
    Adebayor
    Enrique
    Cahill

Avoid Mata, he'll be rested for one of those games, Torres and Drogba the same, you just have no idea who will start

Cahill is rotation proof, given the injuries and suspensions in the Chelsea defence right now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Here's players I'd consider for GW36

BArfa
    Cisse
    Cech
    BAE
    Bale
    Adebayor
    Enrique
    Cahill

Avoid Mata, he'll be rested for one of those games, Torres and Drogba the same, you just have no idea who will start

Cahill is rotation proof, given the injuries and suspensions in the Chelsea defence right now

Right you have me convinced on this one so going to get him in possibly...
    Cisse and Barfa are must haves,Bale is a luxury given the form of other midfielders that do not have doubles and are not worth moving out

Worth noting for GW 36, Sunderland and Swansea have some brilliant home games that could garner big points for their players....

I'll be leaving Siggy in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sunderland to me are going off the boil,don't really trust there attacking players just now hence i sold Sessignon for Dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Worth noting for GW 36, Sunderland and Swansea have some brilliant home games that could garner big points for their players....

I'll be leaving Siggy in anyway

Yeah going to go for a back 3 of Caulker, Turner and BAE. I dont think its worth going for a 4 point hit for any defensive DGW player for GW36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

MON was pee'd after the match. i see them doing well this weekend tbh but i have dempsey anyway

Ehhhh...... I just bought Cahill in and now the f*cker is doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Sweet. I just had a decent enough week compared to all around me in my league, and I have 2 transfers for gw 35 and my w/c for gw 36.
    Should hopefully help my tie up my work league at least if I play the wild card right.

Sweet. I just had a decent enough week compared to all around me in my league, and I have 2 transfers for gw 35 and my w/c for gw 36.
    Should hopefully help my tie up my work league at least if I play the wild card right.

Wow a w/c?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Disaster as it was known last night he was a doubt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

He's away to Arsenal anyway. I was going to wait another week before getting him; he might be fit by then.

Another possibility was Baines but he's suspect now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Just did walcott to Dempsey, yak to cisse and gibbs to williamson for an 8 point hit.

Need to up the DGW'ers and may as well do it now with all having favourable fixtures the weekend coming (hopefully get back the 8 points even before the DGW).

Arsenal have two tough fixtures and yak is injured

I ll get walcott back for gw 37

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

If you had a choice would you put a bolton defender( 2 xDGW) or Man city one in for next game week, Also which player ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

did Vermaelen get any bonus points?

• Advertisement

Rastapitts wrote: »
    did Vermaelen get any bonus points?

yeah 1!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement