Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34/35/36 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

sandt wrote: »
    Quick question - do DGW points count when your playing in a head to head league?

Yes. It's just a normal week as far as all leagues are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

carlcon wrote: »
    Yes. It's just a normal week as far as all leagues are concerned.

So if I have players playing in next weeks double points games and they get 10pts I will get 20pts for them?

Or do the double points only count for the main league and not for the head to head league?

Sorry for the dumb question - I just want to be sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

sandt wrote: »
    So if I have players playing in next weeks double points games and they get 10pts I will get 20pts for them?

Or do the double points only count for the main league and not for the head to head league?

Sorry for the dumb question - I just want to be sure!!

Oh no, it's not called a double week because all players get double points. It's called that because some teams play twice in one week. Their points don't get doubled, their chance of getting them is doubled because they get to play twice.

And all points you get for that double week will go to both sets of leagues, normal and H2H

So next week will go exactly like every other week, just that Villa and Bolton players get 2 chances to score points since they play twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

carlcon wrote: »
    Oh no, it's not called a double week because all players get double points. It's called that because some teams play twice in one week. Their points don't get doubled, their chance of getting them is doubled because they get to play twice.

And all points you get for that double week will go to both sets of leagues, normal and H2H

So next week will go exactly like every other week, just that Villa and Bolton players get 2 chances to score points since they play twice.

Ahhhhhh i see - thanks for clearing it up for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Has City's form thrown a spanner into people's plans? Looks like I'll have to get a City at the expense of a DGWer now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Thinking of getting rid of either RVP or Rooney next week depending on who does worse this week so i can have both city forwards for wolves is that a bit mental or could it make a diffrence??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Thinking of getting rid of either RVP or Rooney next week depending on who does worse this week so i can have both city forwards for wolves is that a bit mental or could it make a diffrence??

Bit drastic shipping BOTH Rooney and RVP out for two of them id think! On the other hand if there both gna go on a rampage like today for the rest of the season it could just be a stroke of genius!!;)

I just re-read your post you only mean to get rid of 1 or the other, my bad! I plan on getting rid of Rooney for Tevez! 1 mil cheaper and ill hang onto Cisse and RVP for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

sorry i probably should have made that a bit clearer. Yeah i think a high score line could be on the books for next week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Need mcclean to go up .1 to be able to afford Barfa for next gw - highly unlikely tho:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I just re-read your post you only mean to get rid of 1 or the other, my bad! I plan on getting rid of Rooney for Tevez! 1 mil cheaper and ill hang onto Cisse and RVP for now!

Surely Aguero would be the safer option? Tevez has yet to play a full 90 minutes for City & Aguero is guaranteed his place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

PWEI wrote: »
    Surely Aguero would be the safer option? Tevez has yet to play a full 90 minutes for City & Aguero is guaranteed his place.

I agree, but after his performance today you would have to bank on Mancini playing him now for the rest of the season if they want to really fight for the title! Imagine where City would be if they had Tevez all season! Plus the two above me in my league both brought Aguero in this week so i need a diferential if im going to make any ground! I could shoot myself in the foot but bringing in Aguero when my two rivals have him isnt going to benefit me?

Its make it or break it time of the season!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

2 people in the top 15 have brought in Aguero this week, great buy. I´m sure a few more will take the initiative and start bringing him or Tevez in but could be too little too late. It´s these gambles that pay off, you need the balls to get these players in before the bandwagon starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

roryc wrote: »
    2 people in the top 15 have brought in Aguero this week, great buy. I´m sure a few more will take the initiative and start bringing him or Tevez in but could be too little too late. It´s these gambles that pay off, you need the balls to get these players in before the bandwagon starts.

I actually didnt think it was that much of a gamble, more a no brainer really. Was clear that City had found some goalscoring form again and they have a great run of fixtures now to exploit, and Suarez with a blank week this week made the decision even easier. Would have preferred to have gotten Tevez, as Augero's away form isnt great but couldnt afford him without a points hit and wasnt prepared to do that. Bit redic that his value only dropped 0.3 from the start of the season really.

I do think that people perhaps missed on the City players cause they have set plans for GW 36 and wernt prepared to alter them. That could still very well pay off though...

Yeh you´ve done well, will move up to 6th I think.
    KevIRL wrote: »

I do think that people perhaps missed on the City players cause they have set plans for GW 36 and wernt prepared to alter them. That could still very well pay off though...

This is the main reason I didn´t get Aguero, tbh I didn´t really consider Tevez. I got Cisse in for the DGW, it was Rooney I was considering dropping anyway but it didn´t fit into my plans. I have my next 3 transfers sorted but starting to think my team is going to be far too similar to everyone elses. Sometimes you can plan too much, takes the fun out of it!

I´ve nothing really left to play for between now and the end of the season, just where I´m going to finish in the boards league really. Not many weeks left in the season, kinda feel like just taking the piss a bit! Who´s up for getting rid of RVP? :)

Yeh you´ve done well, will move up to 6th I think.

This is the main reason I didn´t get Aguero, tbh I didn´t really consider Tevez. I got Cisse in for the DGW, it was Rooney I was considering dropping anyway but it didn´t fit into my plans. I have my next 3 transfers sorted but starting to think my team is going to be far too similar to everyone elses. Sometimes you can plan too much, takes the fun out of it!

I´ve nothing really left to play for between now and the end of the season, just where I´m going to finish in the boards league really. Not many weeks left in the season, kinda feel like just taking the piss a bit! Who´s up for getting rid of RVP? :)

Its all about trying to win the IPB league for me. Cash + bragging rights, trying to keep on turning the screw but its still tight enough. The closing few gameweeks can be nutty enough in a normal season, but considering GW36, the final straight this year has the potential for mayhem

I reckon you´re safe, all depends on GW 36 though. How much was it a head in the IPB league? 62 players looks like a decent prizefund! I rarely post there anymore so missed this at the start of the season, will get involved next year though.

You still playing poker much? I´m on the way over to Israel at the moment to meet Playtech...

I reckon you´re safe, all depends on GW 36 though. How much was it a head in the IPB league? 62 players looks like a decent prizefund! I rarely post there anymore so missed this at the start of the season, will get involved next year though.

You still playing poker much? I´m on the way over to Israel at the moment to meet Playtech...

€30 a head, but they (stupidly imo) removed one third of the prizepool for a monthly prize each month of €61. I'm due one of these prizes, but I still think the idea sucks. €610 FTW in it anyway.

Rarely play these days live - do more live updates tbh, recreactional online. Playtech? Blow the fukkers up, useless pile of $hites. How could they have made such a complete balls of introducing late reg ffs

KevIRL wrote: »
    €30 a head, but they (stupidly imo) removed one third of the prizepool for a monthly prize each month of €61. I'm due one of these prizes, but I still think the idea sucks. €610 FTW in it anyway.

30% seems a bit much for a monthly prize. Max I would have done would be 10-15% for monthly winner, keeps people interested but doesn´t detract from the main prizefund. Will defo enter this next year, decent prizepool.

30% seems a bit much for a monthly prize. Max I would have done would be 10-15% for monthly winner, keeps people interested but doesn´t detract from the main prizefund. Will defo enter this next year, decent prizepool.

Down with monthly prizes altogether imo. Doesnt really keep any interest anyway, just drains prizepool.

I think you should always have some sort of monthly prize, otherwise it becomes a 3-5 horse race by xmas and everyone loses interest, meaning the numbers will be down the following year.

• Advertisement

I think you should always have some sort of monthly prize, otherwise it becomes a 3-5 horse race by xmas and everyone loses interest, meaning the numbers will be down the following year.

This really isnt an issue on a gambling forum though. Degens gonna degen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Once again.... I am sh*tt*ng all over my plans by getting Tevez in this week :pac: I'll have 5 doublers maybe. But, honestly, I think these doubles will be over-rated. Getting on form players in is a much better plan than getting inconsistent players in for the DGW's imho. That's the way I'm seeing it. I'll probably take a 4 point hit in the two coming weeks, but only if "must-haves" pop up for the DGW.

Does anyone else agree that going for players like Tevez over players like ade is a good idea? The extra game won't make a difference imo. Tevez will still outscore him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Got in Wheater for Sanchez Enrique. Presume that S.Enrique's value will fall + no longer seems to be 1st choice lb. Hoping Bolton can keep a cleanie somewhere along the line. Really is squeaky bum time now but i feel confident in this decision, just need to get the board' backing so i can push the transfer through. I know that im a good manager but i need to be more confident in my players and make full use of my bench for the run-in. This is where my strength as a manager will come to the fore. Every transfer from now on has to be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is 4 players realistically enough for DGW?

I don't want to do it for the sake of doing it, yaknow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Is 4 players realistically enough for DGW?

I don't want to do it for the sake of doing it, yaknow.

Its more important to have one top class player in the dgw who you feel will play both game and score well in both so that u can captain him. Beyond that i dont think the dgw is too important, you probably will have some others playing in it so dont get too stressed out about it. You just need to keep a cool head at this stage of the season.

Opinions on whether jelavic is worth a 4 point hit for the dgw? im defo doing kompany to baines and rooney to ade.

Just wondering whether to go yak to jelavic. If i dont i ll be playing mcclean as part of a 5 man midfield.

Thoughts?

Also they have wolves gw 37 and ill be getting walcott back in that week as my transfer so i guess thats worth considering. The big issue is whether moyes will rotate at all with nothing to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Had 2 free transfers. Rooney & Pog out. Tevez & Cisse in.

Manchini must play Tevez every minute from now on, his passing and movement make Silva and Aguero more productive.

eh.. unless he rests him against Wolves.. but then again Tevez needs games to get his fitness up.. You can talk yourself round in circles in this game!

Bale's dropped from 9.5 to 9.1 since last week, and looks set to go to at least 9.0. I'd prefer to have Van der Vaart if he's guaranteed 90 mins but not sure if he's worth the extra 0.5m. Dempsey looks like he might drop by the end of the week too. I'm intrigued as to who people are transferring these two DGW players out for. I consider one if not both of them vital for GW 36.

And yet Valencia, who has a single GW away at City has gone up by 0.1m. Madness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Bale's dropped from 9.5 to 9.1 since last week, and looks set to go to at least 9.0. I'd prefer to have Van der Vaart if he's guaranteed 90 mins but not sure if he's worth the extra 0.5m. Dempsey looks like he might drop by the end of the week too. I'm intrigued as to who people are transferring these two DGW players out for. I consider one if not both of them vital for GW 36.

And yet Valencia, who has a single GW away at City has gone up by 0.1m. Madness...

It's because Bale and Dempsey had a blank week and Valencia didn't. The price rises from Saturday morning transfers wouldn't have kicked in until last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement