Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34/35/36 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

thewools wrote: »
    Likewise... I asked myself last week. How did I end up with 3 from the pool FFS??? :rolleyes:

Enrique was transferred out last week. Gerrard will be next - then Suarez.

I rememeber bringing in Suarez for his Double gameweek and bringing in Gerrard for a differential plus he hit the penalties. Bad Idea!! Should have just brought in Demspey instead... Grrrrrrrrr

Yeh I had the same three. Suarez wasn't too bad overall, especially the DGW. 2 goals and 2 assists doesn't warrant the pricetag though, especially with Cisse and Yak banging them in. I dropped Enrique last week, then Suarez, and yesterday Gerrard. Haven't taken a points hit but glad to see the back of them. Gerrard especially just didn't perform, he banged in a hat-trick a while ago so we know what he's capable of but 1 assist in 4 games is not worth 10m.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Brought in Sigursson for next gw. Blackburn allowed alot of space in midfield for Liverpool tonight and can see him dominating despite being at home.

Week after im gonna Bring in Aguero for Rooney for an away trip to Wolves i can see him getting quite a few chances to make double figures.

Still undecided for GW 36 yet. Will the Chelsea champions league ties be around this time or finished? As id love to get in Mata but cant see him featuring in both if they are still focused on CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Yakubu or bendtner?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

lads do ye think Silva will start on Saturday? I'm just a little wary with it coming so soon after last night's game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

If he is fit he will start, City have will have a new lease of life what with their big win and the ManU loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I have finally made sense of this GW34 & 36 scenario! *sigh of relief*
    Took long enough! I'll only have 9 playing at the weekend but should have 7 doublers for GW36 only requiring a 4 point hit! Will also have to offload Rooney but for the price of him i just cant afford to get 2 points a week for him!

Rooney out for Ade
    Ferguson out for Ben Arfa
    R Taylor out for Simpson
    Arteta out for Dempsey

plus have 3 off Swansea who should do well against Wolves! I'm banking on the DGW to treat me well and bump me back up in my league! Have done awful lately!

If i dont get close to 100 for the week in GW 36 i may have to hang up my sheepskin coat and stick to my day job!:pac::pac:..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I have finally made sense of this GW34 & 36 scenario! *sigh of relief*
    Took long enough! I'll only have 9 playing at the weekend but should have 7 doublers for GW36 only requiring a 4 point hit! Will also have to offload Rooney but for the price of him i just cant afford to get 2 points a week for him!

Rooney out for Ade
    Ferguson out for Ben Arfa
    R Taylor out for Simpson
    Arteta out for Dempsey

plus have 3 off Swansea who should do well against Wolves! I'm banking on the DGW to treat me well and bump me back up in my league! Have done awful lately!

If i dont get close to 100 for the week in GW 36 i may have to hang up my sheepskin coat and stick to my day job!:pac::pac:..

Sounds good but I'd maybe leave the R Taylor transfer. I cant see Newcastle keeping a cleansheet that week. Might not be worth 4 point hit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

What are peoples thoughts on a DGW keeper. i ve both vorm and minoglet at present. both have nice fixtures. Is it worth changing?

thunderdog wrote: »
    Sounds good but I'd maybe leave the R Taylor transfer. I cant see Newcastle keeping a cleansheet that week. Might not be worth 4 point hit

Yeah but ive been looking to get Taylor out for a while now, he isnt getting much game time and simpson is racking the points up plus he will have 2 games so that would cover the cost of the transfer at the minimum with the potential for more! Cant see Newcatlse falling apart in 2 games in one week!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Will O'Shea be fot for this GW? I have 2 transfers, will get rid of him for another S'land defender this week if he doesnt make it. Physioroon have him down as back on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Plan for 34/35/36

GW34...steady.....
    GW35...STEADDDDYYYYYYYYYY....
    GW36...Boom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Still don't see where this gameweek 36 value is?

Who is everybody investing in?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Still don't see where this gameweek 36 value is?

Who is everybody investing in?

Select DGW players with strong fixtures and select SGW players with good fixtures in GW34 and GW36.

Bale, Skrtel, Krul, Santon, Kelly and Cisse in my team at the moment but will probably ship Kelly today as I don't fancy his dgw.

Will have Turner and Sessegnon starting vs Bolton (H) and will get in a Chelsea, Everton and Spurs player. United players on Bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Select DGW players with strong fixtures and select SGW players with good fixtures in GW34 and GW36.

Bale, Skrtel, Krul, Santon, Kelly and Cisse in my team at the moment but will probably ship Kelly today as I don't fancy his dgw.

Will have Turner and Sessegnon starting vs Bolton (H) and will get in a Chelsea, Everton and Spurs player. United players on Bench.
    I don't see too many strong DGW candidates though. I suppose Liverpool and Chelsea would be the stand outs but they're far too inconsistent for my liking to be basing a team around.

I did Kelly -> Turner this week cause I wouldn't be playing him for GW36.

Will probably aim to have 3 spurs players in my team come GW36 but that's as much for their run in as their double fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    United players on Bench.

All United players?

roryc wrote: »
    All United players?

It will depend on numerous factors between now and then, but I will have probably gotten rid of Rooney, will definately bench Evans and will think about Valencia closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The missus is expecting our new baby and was doing a list of names last night,I of course wasn't paying much attention.After a while I went to pick up what I thought was the list,the names on it were Vorm,Vermaelan,Simpson etc.

Halfway through picking baby names she decided to work out her teams for the next 3 weeks.:D No wonder she's ahead of me in FF,she won't even let the small matter of giving birth get in the way of FF.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

keano_afc wrote: »
    Will O'Shea be fot for this GW? I have 2 transfers, will get rid of him for another S'land defender this week if he doesnt make it. Physioroon have him down as back on Saturday.

Looks like he will, but may want to wait until later to day to be sure

http://www.safc.com/news/20120413/oneills-injury-update_2256213_2733449

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

zerks wrote: »
    The missus is expecting our new baby and was doing a list of names last night,I of course wasn't paying much attention.After a while I went to pick up what I thought was the list,the names on it were Vorm,Vermaelan,Simpson etc.

Halfway through picking baby names she decided to work out her teams for the next 3 weeks.:D No wonder she's ahead of me in FF,she won't even let the small matter of giving birth get in the way of FF.:pac:

Robin can be male or female (well, Robyn for F)...

Just sayin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

zerks wrote: »

That. is dedication :cool:

Oh and congratulations to you both :)

• Advertisement

Arteta or Valencia... who should get the bullet for Dempsy??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Arteta or Valencia... who should get the bullet for Dempsy??
    100% Valencia imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I'd be keeping Valencia if it was me.

I'm not convinced by Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Pretty excited for this GW, will be up at 7am tomorrow (I'm in Vancouver) to stream the games with my players :)

Not me. I very much want this week out of the way. Almost definitely losing my top spot this week, while trying to save myself for a big final 3 weeks.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    100% Valencia imo
    PopTarts wrote: »
    I'd be keeping Valencia if it was me.

I'm not convinced by Dempsey.

I was thinking even just for next week and the DGW as he obviously has the potential to outscore both because hes playing more games? He dosnt have easy fixtures though i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

It's interesting to see so many people here are actually outside of Ireland.. I'm based in Vancouver too, one of the greatest joys in life is gettin up at 7am on a Sat morn and gettin straight into the days football.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Kinda **** that it's all over by 11am though

Midweek games are a write-off too with work

Almost went for a swap to get Lescott in just as a "blocker" for all those with Kompany in their team. I'll only have 2 defenders tomorrow, and then he plays Wolves the following week. But that will ultimately leave me needing a -4 in gw36 to have the team I want... so I don't think I'm going through with it. City away are nothing to shout about, so fancy Norwich to score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Quick question - do DGW points count when your playing in a head to head league?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement