Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34/35/36 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anybody thinking Maxi for a dgw punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

manual_man wrote: »

He could be worth a punt if any manager other than Dalglish was picking the team. Downing and Henderson will be starting. Maxi could score 100 goals in training and I'd say he wouldn't get a run.

He could be worth a punt if any manager other than Dalglish was picking the team. Downing and Henderson will be starting. Maxi could score 100 goals in training and I'd say he wouldn't get a run.

Yeah but in recent history when there's been fixture congestion Maxi has played, and scored, alot... definitely a risk but Norwich A and Fulham H (with an FA Cup final shortly after) it certainly is tempting...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Maxi could be an incredible pick if Kenny actually picked him. It's rediculous how he doesn't get a game, especially when he knows how to find the net!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Maxi would be a high risk punt.

I reckon Dalglish will play his strongest 11 vs Norwich and then rest players v Fulham

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

Maxi could be an incredible pick if Kenny actually picked him. It's rediculous how he doesn't get a game, especially when he knows how to find the net!

i'm half thinking either him or Pienar, but that would be an extra 4pts on the hit-ometer (bringing it up to 12), so I'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I think if you're going for Maxi you'd need to do it this week. I think he could start at the weekend and with Bellamy and Downing as competition he won't start more than 2 of the next 3 games.

I had him earlier in the season for a spell which included the QPR game when he really should have scored a couple of goals. Its definitely a risky option. If you're chasing a big lead though he's the type of player who can score very big.

I had a look at the stats there and it's a joke. Maxi has 4 goals in 473 minutes. Adam, Downing, Henderson and Kuyt have 5 goals between them in 8435 minutes. They've played 88 games more than him and they've only managed to score one more goal. It's a ridiculous statistic.

It's a pretty caveman-like way to pick a team but, on the basis of stats alone, Maxi should be starting every game.

As said above if you're chasing a lead then he'd be worth a gamble. I would stay away from him if you're trying to maintain a lead though. Let others take the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Who are people choosing for keeper this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm still mulling over Krul or Vorm, edging towards Krul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

PopTarts wrote: »
    Who are people choosing for keeper this week...

Going to give Bogdan a go. He's been on my bench the last while. May as well put him to some use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm still mulling over Krul or Vorm, edging towards Krul

Same two that I have. Vorm doesn't have the best away record - he gets the saves though (although how many shots will Bolton have)

Krul is a safe bet I guess.

Krul in goals and a Swansea defender maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Spurs or Swansea defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

RB100 wrote: »
    Spurs or Swansea defender?

Having the same trouble myself, hard week to pick defenders.
    I'm playing 3 at the back this week & trying to decide between BAE, Sagna, Caulker, Evans and Kompany. Well Evans is a certainty but can't decide on the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Looks like Baines will miss the DGW at least. Messes up my plans. Very annoying after he missed the clean sheet last week (33) as well.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Looks like Baines will miss the DGW at least. Messes up my plans. Very annoying after he missed the clean sheet last week (33) as well.

That's good news for Valencia owners. He should have an easier game this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Still have to decide whether to sell Rooney or RVP for Teves or Aguero

Still have to decide which one to sell if I do decide to get in Teves or Aguero

Still have to decide if I do decide to sell RVP or Rooney who to get in Aguero or Teves

I could actually keep RVP and Rooney and get in Aguero or Teves for Cisse

Oh the options are too numerous, wold appreciate some help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Still have to decide whether to sell Rooney or RVP for Teves or Aguero

Still have to decide which one to sell if I do decide to get in Teves or Aguero

Still have to decide if I do decide to sell RVP or Rooney who to get in Aguero or Teves

I could actually keep RVP and Rooney and get in Aguero or Teves for Cisse

Oh the options are too numerous, wold appreciate some help.

You need to be more specific with where you are in your league, whether you are defending or catching a league etc.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You need to be more specific with where you are in your league, whether you are defending or catching a league etc.

im winning my work league by 67 points, I have rvp, rooney and cisse as my forwards. The guy just behind me has Aguero, he cant afford tevez unless he sells aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in the same boat, I'm leaning towards shifting RVP out as his form has dropped off and he hasn't much to play for, Rooney still has the league to play and his form is a bit better. Tevez or Aguero is a toss of a coin I think, I think they will score similarly again this week. Aguero is on pens tho I think so I'll probably go with him.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, I'm leaning towards shifting RVP out as his form has dropped off and he hasn't much to play for, Rooney still has the league to play and his form is a bit better. Tevez or Aguero is a toss of a coin I think, I think they will score similarly again this week. Aguero is on pens tho I think so I'll probably go with him.

The thing is chelsea will probably rest aload of their players because of the champions league, ill probably be getting adebayour in game week 36 so will be selling both rooney and rvp by then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Im sitting tight with Rooney and VP for this week. With Baines out I can see Rooney getting a goal and as mentioned above Chelsea's focus will be on the Champions league so RVP could also score a goal or two. Then gameweek 36 will ship out Ronney and bring in Ade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Baines being out really messes my plans - none of the other everton defenders really have a goal threat. Picking a chelsea defender that wont be rested is difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

Hey guys, first time poster on fantasy arena. leading my pay league by almost 100 points and still have my wildcard going in to the DGW , have a team value of 104.7 million at the moment. Should I use the wildcard for the DGW or keep it to mirror my closest opponent on the final week of the season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hey guys, first time poster on fantasy arena. leading my pay league by almost 100 points and still have my wildcard going in to the DGW , have a team value of 104.7 million at the moment. Should I use the wildcard for the DGW or keep it to mirror my closest opponent on the final week of the season ?

I'd use it for the double gameweek but being careful not to screw up the remaining weeks.

Good team to have would maybe involve the following?
    Krull/Friedel
    AssouEkotto, Evans, Kompany, Simpson, Huth
    Dempsey, Bale, BenArfa, Sigurdson, VandeVart
    Adebayor, Cisse, Tevez

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Think i have my next 2 transfers already lined up for gw36.

Cisse -> Adebayor
    Richards -> BAE

This all depends on spurs playing well this weekend and trusting they are worth trippling up for the DGW. Also might be hard to take out Cisse if he keeps scoring!

Juxtapose wrote: »
    Also might be hard to take out Cisse if he keeps scoring!

Will you have enough money to get him back in if you want after that? He's at 7.8 at the moment. If you got him early on then it could be expensive enough to get him back.

If he scores another this weekend then expect his price to shoot up again. Especially with the DGW coming up.

I'd nearly be inclined to suggest keeping Cisse and dropping someone else to get in Adebayor.

EDIT: Just re-read your post there. I'd say you should keep Cisse and move someone else on for Adebayor. Newcastle, and especially Cisse, are on a roll at the moment. He can't stop scoring. I will not be dropping him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've bid farewell and thanks to Van Persie and Theo and in came Kun and Dempsey.
    Kun gets the armband this week, likely that a 4 point hit will be taken for the DGW, Valencia and Rooney may be making way for VDV/Cisse, or VDV/Torres. I'll have to check the oul finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »
    The missus is expecting our new baby and was doing a list of names last night,I of course wasn't paying much attention.After a while I went to pick up what I thought was the list,the names on it were Vorm,Vermaelan,Simpson etc.

Halfway through picking baby names she decided to work out her teams for the next 3 weeks.:D No wonder she's ahead of me in FF,she won't even let the small matter of giving birth get in the way of FF.:pac:

Quick update,baby girl born yesterday:D:D:D

And no we didn't call her Robyn after RVP:pac:

The missus still had time to sort out her team for this weekend..That's dedication(and a burning desire to win the leagues she's in)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

zerks wrote: »
    Quick update,baby girl born yesterday:D:D:D

And no we didn't call her Robyn after RVP:pac:

The missus still had time to sort out her team for this weekend..That's dedication(and a burning desire to win the leagues she's in)

Call her CLINT! Although, make sure the L and the I don't get written too close together! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement