Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34/35/36 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Right so, some decisions to make, I used my free transfer last night, out with Song and in with Ben Arfa - team for GW 35 is as follows.

Vorm
    Vermaelen - J Evans - R Taylor
    Valencia - Ben Arfa - Sess - Dempsey
    Rooney (C) - Cisse - RVP (V).

Bench - Bogdan - Joe Allen - R Martin - McAuley

I still have £0.6m in the bank too.

Am seriously considering, offloading Rooney and RVP, taking the 8 point hit and bringing in Tevez (V) and Aguero (C).

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Deank wrote: »
    Right so, some decisions to make, I used my free transfer last night, out with Song and in with Ben Arfa - team for GW 35 is as follows.

Vorm

Am seriously considering, offloading Rooney and RVP, taking the 8 point hit and bringing in Tevez (V) and Aguero (C).

Any thoughts?

For the rest of the season it could work out very well tbh if ManC keep up their current form and thats a big if

Dempsey wrote: »
    For the rest of the season it could work out very well tbh if ManC keep up their current form and thats a big if

That's what I'm struggling with, City have been blowing hot and cold since after Christmas, but with Tevez having started the last couple of games they look like a different team especially in attack.
    Rooney's record against Everton is shocking and RVP's against Chelsea isn't much better, if I swap them out and the both knock in a few goals with an assist I'll be gutted, can't see it happening in the Arsenal Chelsea game, could happen in the Man U Everton game though..... decisions, decisions:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Vorm

Any thoughts?

I have R Taylor on my bench and will be looking to shift him for the DGW he just isnt getting enough football at the moment to clock up any decent points. Will be swapping him for someone else who may hav a potential clean sheet over there 2 games, i was going to bring in Simpson but i dont think Newcastle's fixtures are favourable for CS, Wigan are running amok at the moment fighting to stay up and away to Chelsea is never an easy game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

That's what I'm struggling with, City have been blowing hot and cold since after Christmas, but with Tevez having started the last couple of games they look like a different team especially in attack.
    Rooney's record against Everton is shocking and RVP's against Chelsea isn't much better, if I swap them out and the both knock in a few goals with an assist I'll be gutted, can't see it happening in the Arsenal Chelsea game, could happen in the Man U Everton game though..... decisions, decisions:rolleyes:.

He scored 3 goals and got 1 assist against them earlier this season!!

• Advertisement

Weetabix wrote: »
    He scored 3 goals and got 1 assist against them earlier this season!!
    I know he hit form against them this season but previous his previous against them (from what I can recall and am open to correction) isn't the best, he hasn't looked like his normal self in the past few weeks.

I have R Taylor on my bench and will be looking to shift him for the DGW he just isnt getting enough football at the moment to clock up any decent points. Will be swapping him for someone else who may hav a potential clean sheet over there 2 games, i was going to bring in Simpson but i dont think Newcastle's fixtures are favourable for CS, Wigan are running amok at the moment fighting to stay up and away to Chelsea is never an easy game!

I am going to stick with R Taylor, I reckon Pardew has been keeping him wrapped in cotton wool for the run in, including the DGW, when he plays he's been awesome for the Toon.
    Wigan may well run out of steam after the last 4 performances, where's that crystal ball gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I am going to stick with R Taylor, I reckon Pardew has been keeping him wrapped in cotton wool for the run in, including the DGW, when he plays he's been awesome for the Toon.
    Wigan may well run out of steam after the last 4 performances, where's that crystal ball gone :D

Haha ask FutureGuy... he seems to be good for a prediction!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

City away is just the type of game Rooney could do something special in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Haha ask FutureGuy... he seems to be good for a prediction!:D

I predicted 4-0 Arsenal last night.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I predicted 4-0 Arsenal last night.

I was thinking along the same lines too up until 10 mins in.

Schoolboy error swapping the captaincy from Rooney to RVP :mad:, what do think about swapping them both out taking an eight point hit (already dumped Song for Ben Arfa) and bringing in Tevez and Aguero?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I was thinking along the same lines too up until 10 mins in.

Schoolboy error swapping the captaincy from Rooney to RVP :mad:, what do think about swapping them both out taking an eight point hit (already dumped Song for Ben Arfa) and bringing in Tevez and Aguero?

It wasn't an error man, it was the correct decision to make for the most part but didn't work out this time.

I posted earlier in the week that I felt RVP could let everyone down against Wigan, and I seriously contemplated Sessegnon as captain. But you captain someone other than RVP at home to Wigan at your peril.

If you are trying to catch a big lead and they have RVP/Rooney too, then you will never make ground up if you stick with the same players. It's a risky move but if anyone is going to go mental this weekend, it's City. Honestly, they could be 4-0 at half time vs Wolves. Maybe just sell Rooney for Tevez/Aguero.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It wasn't an error man, it was the correct decision to make for the most part but didn't work out this time.

I posted earlier in the week that I felt RVP could let everyone down against Wigan, and I seriously contemplated Sessegnon as captain. But you captain someone other than RVP at home to Wigan at your peril.

If you are trying to catch a big lead and they have RVP/Rooney too, then you will never make ground up if you stick with the same players. It's a risky move but if anyone is going to go mental this weekend, it's City. Honestly, they could be 4-0 at half time vs Wolves. Maybe just sell Rooney for Tevez/Aguero.

Trying to catch a 29 point lead, I may just swap out both Rooney and RVP for this coming G/W and transfer one of them back in for DGW - I'll be sick if they both end up with 10 plus points each and either Tevez or Aguero are on the bench :eek:, but then there is always Cisse to make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

Trying to catch a 29 point lead, I may just swap out both Rooney and RVP for this coming G/W and transfer one of them back in for DGW - I'll be sick if they both end up with 10 plus points each and either Tevez or Aguero are on the bench :eek:, but then there is always Cisse to make it up.

I think Arsenal and United have better fixtures than City after next week so getting one of Rooney or RVP would be a good idea.

As for City v Wolves. Hennessy looks likely to be out for that game so City attacking players are looking even more tempting.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2130964/Wolves-keeper-Wayne-Hennessey-ruled-rest-season.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Vorm

Any thoughts?

I'd put Bogdan in goal (for the DG) and have someone else in for R Taylor. Its unlikely he will get a full game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I'm more thinking that Pardew is happy with the way his team is playing at the moment. 4 clean sheets out of 5. I know Taylor is playing in midfield usually but with the way Ben Aerfa and others are playing I cant see him getting any signigicant game time. he will probably get one full game out of the double and then a few minutes (or maybe a whole half) in another. I shipped him out for Turner last week

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Team for GW 35:

VORM

CAULKER

LESCOTT

EVANS

B ARFA

VALENCIA

WALCOTT

SIGGY

CISSE

ROONEY

TEVEZ (C)

bench: BALE,WALKER,TURNER

Walcott was useless last night vs Wigan so might bench him for Bale who despite Spurs playing cack still looks a threat.

del fuego wrote: »
    I think Arsenal and United have better fixtures than City after next week so getting one of Rooney or RVP would be a good idea.

As for City v Wolves. Hennessy looks likely to be out for that game so City attacking players are looking even more tempting.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2130964/Wolves-keeper-Wayne-Hennessey-ruled-rest-season.html

Bit the bullet and took an 8 point hit on swapping Rooney and RVP for Tevez (c) and Aguero (v), I'll be very upset if this one goes tits up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭pah

Bit the bullet and took an 8 point hit on swapping Rooney and RVP for Tevez (c) and Aguero (v), I'll be very upset if this one goes tits up.....

I guess you just need them to score at least 8 points between them more than RVP & Rooney get, over the time you have them, for it to be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

out of BAE, Caulker and N Taylor who should I play?
    Thinking Taylor then BAE as first sub

Also who is going to play Bogdan instead of Vorm?

• Advertisement

RB100 wrote: »
    out of BAE, Caulker and N Taylor who should I play?
    Thinking Taylor then BAE as first sub

Also who is going to play Bogdan instead of Vorm?
    I've had Bogdan on the bench for ages and Vorm as my no 1 keeper, for the DGW I've swapped them, one sure thing about Bogdan is he makes a shed load of saves.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

So how many double GW players are you all aiming to have and are you leaving in your team with only one match??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Shane732 wrote: »
    So how many double GW players are you all aiming to have and are you leaving in your team with only one match??

I plan to have 5 when I get in Adebayor. That'll rise to 6 if Santon is playing.

Not sure if I want to take a point hit to get in a Stoke defender for Santon if he is definitely not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Well Siggy, RVP and Rooney/Aguero will be in my team. I also might start Caulker over Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RVP, Tevez and Siggy are staying. I expect 7-8 DGWers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I expect this to be my DGW team for a 4 point hit

Vorm

BAE/Baines/Williamson

Dempsey/Bale/Siggy/Valencia

Ade/Cisse/RVP

Bench: Mignolet, Turner, Evans, McClean

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

At the moment I have 5 DGW players for GW36. I have 2 FT's this week and with next weeks transfer I'll have 3 to bulk up for the DGW. I had a plan in my head but I'm starting to doubt it now.

Original plan:
    GW35:
    Miyaichi/M Davies > McClean - for the 2 DGW's
    GW36:
    Ben Arfa > Silva
    BAE/Walker > Sagna

== 8 for the DGW.

Second thoughts:
    GW35:
    Miyaichi/M Davies > McClean
    Aguero > Rooney
    GW36:
    Cisse > Torres
    Ben Arfa/Dempsey > Silva (4 point hit)

== 7 for the DGW (possibly have higher scorers but at the cost of 4 points)

What say ye wise people? I'm not a fan of taking points hit and as have only been forced into it once this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

To all those taking points hits galore to get in DGW week players tell me this.

What are you going to do with them afterwards?

My personal opinion is that just like at christmas, this DGW will be a bit of an anti-climax. People are really putting in Bogdan just because he has two extra games? Considering Bolton will just concede anyway thats a bit of a false economy isnt it?

If there was value there I would go for it, but apart from a few Spurs defenders I cant see just where the value is, especially considering I don't want to be going into week 37 with a team of Bolton, Everton and Chelsea players. I can only laugh at the amount of points hits people will be taking next week when they realise their DGW team doesnt really carry forward all that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

To all those taking points hits galore to get in DGW week players tell me this.

What are you going to do with them afterwards?

My personal opinion is that just like at christmas, this DGW will be a bit of an anti-climax. People are really putting in Bogdan just because he has two extra games? Considering Bolton will just concede anyway thats a bit of a false economy isnt it?

If there was value there I would go for it, but apart from a few Spurs defenders I cant see just where the value is, especially considering I don't want to be going into week 37 with a team of Bolton, Everton and Chelsea players. I can only laugh at the amount of points hits people will be taking next week when they realise their DGW team doesnt really carry forward all that well.
    Spurs have blackburn, bolton, villa and fulham so im happy to have 2/3 of their players.

Everton have 2 ok fixtures and wolves to follow - im happy to have at least one of theirs. Their defensive record lately is excellent.

Dempsey - well he is the top midfielder this year so happy to have him.

Cisse - scoring for fun at present.

So thats 5 minimum

I dont think too many are getting extra chelsea players in (some might have 1/2 already). Neither are they going to have a team packed full of bolton or everton players (they may get 1, 2 max id say). Personally wouldnt touch bogdan but some have him as a cheap second keeper and it might make sense to play him so!

So tbh i think you're exagerating it a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can't see too many going for Chelsea players,between the CL & the FA Cup ,it'll be a huge gamble on players rotating.
    The Manchester Derby is going to be hard to call,I wouldn't count on it being a boring 0-0 so that discounts City & United defenders.That game could come down to Rooney vs Tevez.

Spurs can't get any worse so the only way is up but which Adebayor will turn up? The one who gets a shedload of points or the one who couldn't hit a barn door?

Newcastle could be the team to watch along with Fulham (although Fulham's away form isn't great) Dempsey looks a shoe-in.

Now if only I had more than one free transfer for next week:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement