Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers on RTE news now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've been fuming since seeing this on the news. I just can't comprehend their defence. The three of you went out planning to rob someone and then "danced on his head" for "the buzz". Are you fcuking kidding?!

Absolute scum. I hope they're all found guilty of murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Nodin wrote: »
    I feel sick watching that. May he RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

Castrated and locked up for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Why is he allowed to walk out of a courtroom ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Perfect place for them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inishark

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sorry, did that say they're being convicted of manslaughter? How is it not murder?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

The court also heard that Byrne asked gardaí to arrest him because he did not want to be seen as a "rat".

Oh, so being a rat goes against his principles but killing a man for the fun of it is grand.

I hope he gets gangraped in prison and hangs himself in his cell, but he'll probably make good friends and have a laugh in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

For starters they should not be allowed to cover their faces in an attempt to hide their identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its at times like this I ask....why did we get rid of the stocks? Just build one off a Gardai station somewhere, lock em in for a few hours a day during their term in prison(can have a schedule up online) and charge for fruit to pelt them with. Also a Gardai or two to stand there and make sure nobody does anything for "retaliation".

As for "Oh but it would degrade their self esteem, the poor darlings", might do them some good to see how little people think of them when they commit sh*t like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

There isn't a country in the world where a convicted manslaughter, or murderer is not taken in a paddy wagon, handcuffed with the lights on. Even if then to be released on bail - a bail which not be given in this case - prior to an appeal. Its about showing justice being done.

And are they appealing? Didn't two plead guilty? I don't get this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Should be sent to Poland to serve the sentence....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

Sorry, did that say they're being convicted of manslaughter? How is it not murder?
    Because apparently thinking about it beforehand makes it worse. Never understood that myself. Surely somebody who thinks about it and makes the decision to kill somebody for a reason is less of a danger to society than people who kill some randomer for the fun of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Haelium wrote: »
    Because apparently thinking about it beforehand makes it worse. Never understood that myself. Surely somebody who thinks about it and makes the decision to kill somebody for a reason is less of a danger to society than people who kill some randomer for the fun of it.

WEll there is a "red-blooded" excuse. Humans can go over the top in certain situations, I am talking in general here.

However, most countries would count this as murder. If they planned to attack, they premeditated the attack. And the attack led to a death. It wasn't as if the attack happened after a row, it was previously planned. Pre-meditation can be instant, in fact.

From here:

First degree murder is the killing of another with premeditation. Premeditation is a fully formed, conscious purpose to kill. One common misconception is that premeditation requires a plot or plan to kill. People conjure images of the serial killer stalking his victim for weeks before he finally kills her. While that would clearly be premeditation, the scope is not nearly so narrow. Premeditation can be formed in an instant. All that is necessary is that the person knew what he was doing and knew that the result would likely be death to the other person. That disgruntled employee who 'snaps' and kills his co-worker is guilty of first degree murder.

The US would have fried these muppets, or sent them to jail for their actual life. All of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

I could be wrong but to convict of murder it must be proven that you planned to kill them. I could be wrong tho

I could be wrong but to convict of murder it must be proven that you planned to kill them. I could be wrong tho

Apparantly only one guy planned to murder, the others came along for the manslaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

didn't it say that one had 50+ previous convictions?

He should spend the rest of his life behind bars. No excuses, it's that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Should really be put on birth control for life or have the snip enforced upon them otherwise the ship will have more rats than crew.

There is a whole strata of society that should be chemically castrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

1 of them has something like 55 previous convictions. Something wrong with the system here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not much remorse shown by the guy in the video and i dont know what to say about the blonde one roaring at the camera. And any appeal will be footed by us, the taxpayers as they will all get free legal aid.

• Advertisement

There was an element of pre-meditation in it though, as in they had planned out the attack. They say they only wanted to give him a few slaps, but we're hardly taking them at their word.

There was an element of pre-meditation in it though, as in they had planned out the attack. They say they only wanted to give him a few slaps, but we're hardly taking them at their word.

Of course it was premeditation, and it makes no sense to convict one guy of murder, and not the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

You mean the 'Original Rude Boys' that featured at the break? Can't believe that shìts being plugged. bedsit rapper accompanying shades wearing 'cool' dood on acoustic guitar is an Irish phenomenon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I'm sure their mothers are very proud of them , w*n*ers....

I find the attitude presented by these people as both fascinating and terrifying. Animalistic is the only word that comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Words fail me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Seriously this scum and the scum that seem to be running Limerick should be shot or hung, we seem to be very soft on serious crime in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

It's this kind of thing that is pushing me towards the right. And I used to be such a liberal...

Imo, any action that was non accidental, could reasonably be expected to cause harm and results in a death should attract no less than 15 years. Don't call it murder or manslaughter, those words are too misconstrued by the public to be of use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Savage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Repulsive little B*&*ards!
    An absolute advertisment for the return of Capital Punishment.

Advertisement