Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Well thank god that's over.. Many heads on here head to Twickenham for the Rams game next year??

I'd absolutely love to. Never seen the Giants in the flesh, but have seen Tim Tebow!! Go figure!! But at that stage I will have a 5yo and a 3 month old so I will have to earn mega brownie points between now and then!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I really hope I get tickets for Twickenham

Only positive about losing to them again

Think we have#9 pick at the moment

Could be #8 if Tampa can beat Carolina

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would love to go, for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm definitely gonna go..
    It's been a dream for so long so I'll definitely be there

If we all get tickets it would be nice to head for a few beers

• Advertisement

I think a conversation needs to be held with regards to Spags' job, even if Coughlin ends up staying, tbh.

I can't see TC staying

JR is as big a problem but I can see Mara & Co blowing everything up

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he stays another year, tbh.

I don't see Reese being fired, not after his last two drafts.

Certainly an interesting offseason ahead, anyway.

Mara has to have some change after threatening it last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I can't see TC staying

JR is as big a problem but I can see Mara & Co blowing everything up

I think it would be a massive mistake to keep Reese. He's proven himself to be a poor GM. We're not a player or two away. We're a good few players off being relevant and that's down to JR. This is the fourth worst defence in NFL history. Let that sink in. Unquestionably Spags should go too.

• Advertisement

I'm on the fire Reese bandwagon but Mara will be loyal to him I think

Spats will go if TC is gone or not

Two of which were coached by Spags.

One of the best defensive ends in the year blew his hand off in the offseason, plus a ridiculous amount of injuries haven't helped.

I'm neither for nor against Reese, but I definitely don't think you can call him a poor GM.

Just realised Robert Ayers finished the season with 9.5 sacks in 12 games.

Some going. Hope we bring him back again next year. If JPP can even get his hand half way normal, and we add in Hank the Tank and Odighizuwa, we have a solid base to build upon with FA and the Draft.

Next seasons home and away's:

NEW YORK GIANTS
    Home: Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, New Orleans Saints
    Away: Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, St. Louis Rams (Oct. 23 in London)

Holy crap.

Bears, Lions, Ravens, Bengals, Saints, Vikings, Packers, Steelers, and Rams.

Next year won't be much prettier, I fear.

Tom Coughlin gone according to reports

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-as-head-coach

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Just saw it there, no surprise. Wish him the best

Apparently he is open to coaching on if the oppurtunity arises. He should go to the Browns, would be great appointment to get them in shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Tom Coughlin gone according to reports

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-as-head-coach
    I do feel for Coughlin. He's done a great job overall. Those two SB wins will be a major part of his legacy.

But four years in a row not making the playoffs (in a division that didn't have a standout team), three losing seasons in a row, and this year had some really bad calls from the sideline (really should have beaten the Pats); I guess it had to happen.

Will always hate him for 2007 and 2011, but will always respect him for 2007 and 2011 :)
    The NFL has been a better place because of him.

Thanks for everything coach.. You've given us fans some amazing days..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The only Giants coach I've known. It was a very frustrating season, and I remember near the end feeling he should be let go.

Now that it has happened, I'm pretty bummed out. The end of an era. Not just for the team, but for the game too.

• Advertisement

Right lads... Been realistic..

Who do we want to take over??

Right lads... Been realistic..

Who do we want to take over??

McAdoo has been getting a lot of talk today!!

I've seen reports that Sean Peyton and Chip Kelly are both interested

Hard pushed to find Eli so emotional.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14501916
    He definitely has not failed these players. We failed him

McAdoo needs to stay.

It'll either be him, or a defensive minded HC who leaves McAdoo still reside over offense, without each of them stepping on toes.

Last defesive minded HC we had was Parcells, nearly!

I reckon it will be either Spags or McAdoo. I fancy it will be Spags with McAdoo staying as OC.

In terms of the rumours, Chip Kelly ain't happening and wouldn't want him. Sean Payton sounds interested & is an intriguing option but really would only want him if available, not giving a Ðraft pick for him.

Doubt we will go to the college scene.

In terms of established coaches then either Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher would be great. Ideal world I'd hire coach Cowher.

I'd want Spags fired, sooner than hand him the HC job, being honest.

There's something so affable about Gruden, and so engaging, that I think I would like. Cowher was linked plenty of times before, so it'll be interesting if his name gets thrown in again.

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd want Spags fired, sooner than hand him the HC job, being honest.

There's something so affable about Gruden, and so engaging, that I think I would like. Cowher was linked plenty of times before, so it'll be interesting if his name gets thrown in again.

I'd rather see Spags gone as well but he is well respected by the front office.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I'd rather see Spags gone as well but he is well respected by the front office.

True, but its hard to see an upgrade on him over TC in the short term, and he's definitely not a long term option, so it would be an annoying appointment in my eyes.

I do trust Mara and Tisch, so hopefully it'll work out alright. Its never going to be easy replacing a Hall of Fame coach, really. Took the franchise long enough after the last one!

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    True, but its hard to see an upgrade on him over TC in the short term, and he's definitely not a long term option, so it would be an annoying appointment in my eyes.

I do trust Mara and Tisch, so hopefully it'll work out alright. Its never going to be easy replacing a Hall of Fame coach, really. Took the franchise long enough after the last one!

Will be my 1st season following the Giants where TC is not in charge so will be strange & exciting.

Advertisement