Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Aye, and rumours are Coughlin is off to the Eagles, which makes me a little sick, to say the least.

I'd love to see Nick Saban hired, but I haven't heard much on him being interviewed or anything. Just won with Alabama again, so timing might suit him in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

No Hugh Jackson

Won't even interview with us

Is it an indicator of how far we have fallen that taking the Browns job is better than interviewing with us?

Seems our pool of coaches is getting smaller

I wish TC would end up with the 49ers over the Eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Well hue Jackson can be struck off the list, gone to the browns

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The pool of who I thought was gonna get the job has shrunk to nothing..

Looks like McAdoo now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

The pool of who I thought was gonna get the job has shrunk to nothing..

Looks like McAdoo now

Give Eli what he wanted, not a huge fan of it but you have to be sensible. I wonder if Spags will stay on as DC.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Adam Shefter was on Philadelphia radio today discussing the various vacancies, his thoughts below:

Eagles: He thinks they're looking for a long-term option, which would not be Tom Coughlin, given his age. He thinks Ben McAdoo might be the favorite.

Giants: He handicaps Doug Marrone as the favorite. He said the Giants want to find a head coach who has head coaching experience. That would limit them to Marrone and Mike Smith at this point. They could change their mind, which would keep McAdoo in the picture. He did mention Steve Spagnuolo, but did not think he was a likely option.

Interesting thoughts from Shefter. I have a feeling that if the Eagles really wanted McAdoo then we might appoint him instead of losing him. I'm pretty in favour of Marrone & would be my choice. Mike Smith is a no no for me, just a poor mans Coughlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Not sure about Marrone. If he did come in then that's the end of McAdoo in NY. Could bring Pettine in too.

glued wrote: »
    Not sure about Marrone. If he did come in then that's the end of McAdoo in NY. Could bring Pettine in too.

Wouldn't have a problem with Pettine running the D at all.

Looks like McAdoo will be confirmed today with Spags staying on as DC and Joe Philbin coming in as OC according to ESPN

Looks like McAdoo will be confirmed today with Spags staying on as DC and Joe Philbin coming in as OC according to ESPN

Philbin as OC???? :confused:

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »

Makes sense I suppose, considering his work with Green Bay, but it is a little funny that the two experienced coaches, in Spags and Philbin, will be answering to McAdoo.

I'm not pleased with Mcadoo

We will now have a HC who only has 2 years experience as a coordinator and 0 mins HC in his entire career

I hope it works out but i'm skeptical

Knex. wrote: »
    Makes sense I suppose, considering his work with Green Bay, but it is a little funny that the two experienced coaches, in Spags and Philbin, will be answering to McAdoo.

Thanks, forgot about his pre - Fins work.

HigginsJ wrote: »

Philbin didn't call plays at Green Bay. McCarthy did. Philbin's specialty is the OL so it allows McAdoo to still run the offense.

It wouldn't make sense to appoint McAdoo and then make Eli learn another offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I'm not pleased with Mcadoo

We will now have a HC who only has 2 years experience as a coordinator and 0 mins HC in his entire career

I hope it works out but i'm skeptical

I quite like it if the OC and DC are who they're expected to be. Keeps McAdoo calling the plays that he and Eli have been working on for two years now and means that McAdoo has two experienced advisers working closely with him which should go some way towards neutralising the one major downside he has which is his lack of experience.

I think all of the names in the frame were going to be punts to an extent but this means that the offence should be maintained. We weren't a million miles away and didn't need to rebuild from the ground up. Keep the O and rebuild the D. Job done.

Hopefully Philbin will help to get rid of the running back shambles that we had last year. I can't believe anyone looking in from the outside could think that the way we ran for the first 13 games was acceptable.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    We weren't a million miles away and didn't need to rebuild from the ground up. Keep the O and rebuild the D. Job done.

Of course that relies on JR actually getting picks and FA right

Let's see if he can get the job done

I must read up on Philbin

Turns out that QB Coach Mike Sullivan is been promoted to OC and Philbin will take up another role

Tom Coughlin withdrew his name for the Eagles job also

I like Mike Sullivan, in what I've seen of him in interviews, etc.

I was happy with the idea of Philbin as OC, though.

• Advertisement

McAdoo confirmed as new HC. Here's hoping for some success

Mike Sullivan was a disaster as OC for the Bucs

Philbin won a SB as OC

Another head scratcher

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Mike Sullivan was a disaster as OC for the Bucs

Philbin won a SB as OC

Another head scratcher

I think McAdoo will still run the offense with Sullivan gaining a greater role but ultimately McAdoo will still run the show. We're pandering to Eli here. He's showing his influence. Eli told many NY reporters that he was supporting McAdoo and met with Mara and Tisch to emphasise that point to them. He doesn't want to learn a new system and has improved under McAdoo so it's no surprise that Eli pushed hard for McAdoo to get a promotion.

Spags just confirmed to be back next season at DC

McAdoo was impressive in his first presser

A lot of fans aren't impressed with Tisch and Mara. I think this whole situation could of been handled much better. I think they've essentially blamed TC for this whole mess by their actions. I think this could be an ugly season if Reese and McAdoo don't find success very quickly with this team.

Just hired WR coach Adam Henry who was OBJs WR coach at LSU

Mike Singletary interviewing today for the position of linebacker coach

An angry mo'fo to shake things up. Not against him as a positions coach at all.

• Advertisement

N rams game ticker ;'(

very disappointed

Advertisement