Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I'm surprised by how good JPP has been since he has come back, like the player from a couple of years ago. The clear issue is his club hand, it's clearly stopping him from making plays. If he continues to have to wear this then his value is low end starter, if he can play with small protection that allows him grab he should get his real value $10-15 million per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

We should be looking at another WR too. Sooner or later teams are going to triple cover ODB on every snap. I think having a tight end and a another wide out will definitely expand and improve our offense. Defence needs a major upgrade. But most importantly we need a new coach who is actually going to bring this team through a transition instead of continuously being stuck in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Meriweather has just been released

Just re signed DT Barry Cofield

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Odell Beckham needs to calm the **** down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

DRC DROPPED PICK

ODB DROP TD...

Fumble

Flags

Let Olsen alone

0 pash rush

Good teams make plays

We don't do that these days

We have had our chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Stick a fork in the Giants, coz we are done

Bench Beckham please

This is embarassing

Save him from himself

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

That helmet shot is tough to look at. There should be a hefty fine and lengthy suspension for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Watching this Beckham meltdown is eerily similar to watching some of Louis Suarez's meltdowns.

Different sport, but similar talent and almost unhealthy desire to win.

I don't think this will be the only time in his career that he crosses the line, somehow.

Big momentum change, Nicks falls over and we give away an INT

New ways to lose every week

• Advertisement

Christmas bestseller:
    A million ways to break your heart by the New York giants

Did anybody actually think we would make a stop when it was needed?

Same old same ole

Worst D in the league surely

We're so good at almost winning.

My heart breaks a little bit more each time

We should be used to throwing away a game late

Too many times our D can't get stops

We badly need Philly to lose later on

Another tough loss to take but story of our year.

I just want to say what a disgraceful coaching performance from Coughlin & McAdoo.

Beckham was obviously an embarrassment to himself & the team but he is a 2nd year player. Why was Coughlin not in his ear calming him down & getting him focused. Where was McAdoo getting him some easy completions on screens etc. to get him involved in the game rather than trying to take Normans head off. Beckham obviously plays with passion & this is the 1st time things haven't gone his way so he needed help & coaching. He could easily gave torched that D for 200 yards but he was left unchecked.

It's another horrible clueless display from Coughlin & another reason he should be gone....... But I won't hold my breath.

Lot more coming out about the Beckham situation

Doesn't excuse his behaviour but does go a little way to explaining how he so badly lost his head

I still think he deserves his 1 game ban despite that spelling the end of our season

Hopefully he will learn from the experience

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Lot more coming out about the Beckham situation

Doesn't excuse his behaviour but does go a little way to explaining how he so badly lost his head

I still think he deserves his 1 game ban despite that spelling the end of our season

Hopefully he will learn from the experience

Yea it is a totally deserved ban. My ire is not against him, he is a young kid who lost his head. The lack of support & sense from the coaches is more to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Apparently Eli spoke to him, and I loved some of Eli's leadership on Sunday and the week before, but he should have been knocking some sense into him, especially if, as reported, Odell was walking up and down the line asking why he was the only person who wants to win.

The fact that none of his teammates joined in on Sunday or retaliated against Norman themselves speaks for itself IMO.

Video of Panthers player approaching OBJ with a bat, no idea what is being said but clearly irked OBJ

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYGDaily/status/679126741252706304/video/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I'm not going to condone what ODB did but if I was in his shoes I'd probably be pretty pissed off too. The whole offense rests on his shoulders. The players can obviously see the lack of depth to McAdo's offense. There is a lot resting on ODB shoulders every week and he's probably pretty frustrated. Sooner or later you're going to snap at the abuse from a punk like Norman when you're in that environment every week. If Sunday told us anything; it showed a complete lack of leadership on this team. Coughlin was a disgrace. He should of sat ODB out for a couple of series while the leaders and coaches calmed him down. Instead they knew this offense is so lame that if ODB isn't on the field it isn't going to function. They kept him in that environment when he was acting like a spoilt brat. It's poor coaching and the buck stops with Coughlin. It's time for a change, time for Coughlin to retire.

This further adds to the leadership side of things.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/c8c9f566-5827-4069-b77c-c297a41d8e31

However, the last few drafts I do think have had a core focus on leadership, drafting captains etc. I believe Pugh, Flowers (who went nuts against the Eagles, remember), Beckham will help drive the offense in the future.

We miss Tuck and Rolle in defense, and Beason might as well be forgotten about, so that's definitely where we need the most work.

Rolle would have been a great personality to have around Odell last week, actually. Big loss in that regard.

Just re signed Meriweather

Beckham suspension overturned, apparently. Lol.

Not confirmed yet

Suspension upheld

Now we will see if the players and coaches rally without him

So now it's a 1 game showdown with the Eagles next week that nobody wants to lose because you'll be playing in London next season if you do

Last night was horrific.

I hate losing to the Eagles but a better draft pick and a trip to Wembley will take away the sting a bit

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I hate losing to the Eagles but a better draft pick and a trip to Wembley will take away the sting a bit

I think it would be twickenham we would be playing at

Advertisement