Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do with Tim Tebow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It was a lonely plough to furrow on this forum my man. This is winning time, we have earned our extended celebration lap.

I welcome the chance to win the rematch decisively too, so hope he takes the field as a QB again!!
    I have always felt the majority believed he would not make it.

He will never be a bust in the true sense of the word anyways because he led his team to the playoffs who were 1-4 when he came in as starter. So get off your high horse because you were wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Josh McDaniels gave up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Only one decent player drafted in Baltimore with those picks and that was Pitta the Tight End in the 4th

The 43rd pick is already out of the league, BUST

Neither franchise came out of that deal very well :/
    Ravens shade it

well the Broncos got Trevathan with the trade to the Jets for Tebow, so wasnt all bad for them, even if he doesnt know how to hold the ball going into the endzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Josh McDaniels gave up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Only one decent player drafted in Baltimore with those picks and that was Pitta the Tight End in the 4th

The 43rd pick is already out of the league, BUST

Neither franchise came out of that deal very well :/
    Ravens shade it

To be honest if we had a pick in the 20s and picked a player the standard of Dennis Pitta I'd be quite happy with that pick. So the trade worked out well imo. You'll never hit on all your draft picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think it was the constant trumping of everything Tebow did in that season he started that has lead to this glorious enjoyment. TO being a mature, sensible, level-headed guy(:pac:) is obviously above all of that though.

Point proven pretty much straight away as I read down..

eagle eye wrote: »
    He will never be a bust in the true sense of the word anyways because he led his team to the playoffs who were 1-4 when he came in as starter. So get off your high horse because you were wrong.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

True, Pitta has played to such a high standard he'd be worthy of a 1st round pick

I never considered it like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I think it was the constant trumping of everything Tebow did in that season he started that has lead to this glorious enjoyment. TO being a mature, sensible, level-headed guy(:pac:) is obviously above all of that though.

I have written a lot of sh1te on this forum but one thing I have never done is come back to a debate and did a "I told you so" while taking shots at others in doing so. Keep on trucking chucky.

TO. wrote: »
    I have written a lot of sh1te on this forum but one thing I have never done is come back to a debate and did a "I told you so" while taking shots at others in doing so. Keep on trucking chucky.

I never said you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I really enjoyed Tebow Time in the NFL & still think that in the right situation he could do a good job but I guess we will never know.

He was great fun to watch with the Broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Give me Tebow any day ahead of some 'ordinary' QB who you know will eventually win nothing, can't inspire his teammates &/or give you practically zero excitement/entertainment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭TheBrewMeister

Well, the Browns need a rb!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

As a packer fan I would have taken him to GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Tebow Time in the NFL & still think that in the right situation he could do a good job but I guess we will never know.

He was great fun to watch with the Broncos
    He was fun to watch - however - after five/six games every DC in the NFL (with the exception of Dick LeBeau) figured out how to stop Tebow. He was brutal in the final three games of the season and the Broncos were hammered (getting beat by KC 7-3 was a hammering given how bad KC were). Denver should never have beaten the Steelers but LeBeau decided not to do what NE, Buffalo and KC had done and repeated blown coverage in the secondary gave the Broncos an overtime victory. Normal service was resumed the following week.

Tebow will never be an NFL QB (he is a tremendous athlete and could possibly have a career as a TE) - and those who claimed that if anyone could do it then it would be NE dismissed those of us who knew he was done and dusted in the NFL.

Apparently he is now discussiing an offer of $1million to play two games in Russia. The guy will make a lot of money as a 'motivational' speaker and will be welcomed all over the bible-belt. There is no fear of him ending up pennyless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

As a packer fan I would have taken him to GB.

angry-no-l.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Well... At least it wouldnt do GB any harm.

Working with A-rod and the QB coaches... Mabey.... Just mabey helped him become a better QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Well... At least it wouldnt do GB any harm.

Working with A-rod and the QB coaches... Mabey.... Just mabey helped him become a better QB.

If he aint going to do it at NE being in GB wont make a difference

Denver couldn't do it
    The Jets couldn't do it
    NE couldn't do it

and the Packers wouldn't be able to do it either.

Tebow is what he is - an athlete who is very limited as a QB and who DCs now know how to gameplan against. Tebow could be useful for the odd gimmick play or in position other than QB. There is zero prospect of him approaching anything close to an NFL QB.

Plus - he is not worth the distraction - even for the Jags.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Apparently he is now discussiing an offer of $1million to play two games in Russia. The guy will make a lot of money as a 'motivational' speaker and will be welcomed all over the bible-belt. There is no fear of him ending up pennyless.

I think this is alot of the reason he wont change position, he doesnt need to.

So he works out for the Eagles and Chip Kelly today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'd take a chance on him if he did well, whats the worst that could happen in signing him, He either could become a starter or get released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd take a chance on him if he did well, whats the worst that could happen in signing him, He either could become a starter or get released

The media crap isn't worth it for a less than mediocre player.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    The media crap isn't worth it for a less than mediocre player.
    This is such rubbish. Every NFL team is heavily covered by media. The Tebow media train disbanded when he got cut by the Patriots, he is just a normal enough guy now, maybe a bit bigger than the average NFL player.

If you can find a way to make him successful on the field there are a lot of added bonuses with his leadership and inspirational side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Ravens have two QBs under contract and one was a 5th rounder who spent 2014 on the practice squad.

If Tebow wants a contract his agent should be aiming for Baltimore.

Religion doesn't matter, fans have experienced years of listening to interviews from Ray Lewis and John Harbaugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This is such rubbish. Every NFL team is heavily covered by media. The Tebow media train disbanded when he got cut by the Patriots, he is just a normal enough guy now, maybe a bit bigger than the average NFL player.

If you can find a way to make him successful on the field there are a lot of added bonuses with his leadership and inspirational side.

Doubt that's possible. Would welcome further opportunities to laugh at his fans though, so hoping he gets signed.

Doubt that's possible. Would welcome further opportunities to laugh at his fans though, so hoping he gets signed.
    Laugh at his fans? What sort of rubbish are you spouting? I don't think there is anything wrong with being a fan of somebody who leaves every last drop of energy on the field to try and win. He also just happens to be one of the best college football players of all time and despite all his weaknesses he managed to get a team who were 1-4 when he took over as QB to the playoffs and pulled off an unexpected playoff win before being thumped by the greatest team of the modern era in the NFL.

That is one season as a starter for most of it and he gets to the playoffs. He isn't the greatest QB of all time and never will be but he is right up there at the very top as regards will to win.

I find it ridiculous of you who so often writes about players who give everything and the respect they should get but it's all negative when it comes to Tebow. You come across of late and nothing more than a hypocrite.

Why is the Tebow thread being resurrected?

Tebow is not and never will be an NFL QB - the 'workout' was a PR stunt for both Kelly and Tebow.

Tebow is not and never will be an NFL QB - the 'workout' was a PR stunt for both Kelly and Tebow.
    He was an NFL starting QB for the Denver Broncos for the majority of one season which included a win and a loss in playoff games.

I'm surprised you don't know that seeing as you proclaim yourself a Denver Broncos fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

given the offseason he's had i hardly think kelly needs a "pr stunt"

Did Tebow actually care about winning and competing or did he just care about himself? Hard to know really. But the fact he refused to play in the NFL unless it was at QB would suggest he's a bit of an ego maniac to be honest and it was mainly only about himself.

Did Tebow actually care about winning and competing or did he just care about himself? Hard to know really. But the fact he refused to play in the NFL unless it was at QB would suggest he's a bit of an ego maniac to be honest and it was mainly only about himself.

Why would he play at FB or TE (as teams wanted him to) when he had such a successful college career at QB? Switching positions rarely works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Laugh at his fans? What sort of rubbish are you spouting? I don't think there is anything wrong with being a fan of somebody who leaves every last drop of energy on the field to try and win. He also just happens to be one of the best college football players of all time and despite all his weaknesses he managed to get a team who were 1-4 when he took over as QB to the playoffs and pulled off an unexpected playoff win before being thumped by the greatest team of the modern era in the NFL.

That is one season as a starter for most of it and he gets to the playoffs. He isn't the greatest QB of all time and never will be but he is right up there at the very top as regards will to win.

I find it ridiculous of you who so often writes about players who give everything and the respect they should get but it's all negative when it comes to Tebow. You come across of late and nothing more than a hypocrite.

:confused:

Earlier post from this thread:
    In saying all of that, I don’t deny that Tebow is a good man and a fine football player – arguably the finest college football player of all time. If he is willing to play next year for close to the league minimum as a utility option I’ve no doubt that he can contribute and carve out a decent career for himself, play for some Championships and potentially be remembered for some big plays.

If he refuses to do this and demand a QB spot then he is going to be out of the league soon, fixed in memories forever wearing a blue uniform trucking college defenders. It’s his choice really.

He gets a number of suitors the minute he says 'I just want to help a team any way I can for the vet minimum' imo. But you are deluded by continuing to talk about him as a playoff level QB!

Advertisement