Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do with Tim Tebow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

There is only 2 ways I can see Tebow ever getting back into the league

1) Bills have a disaster with Tuiel and EJ Manuel and in desperation pick up Tebow to try and do something

2) Long shot but Jags have another disaster and relent to the pressure of picking him up and giving him a shot to turn around a miserable season.

I don't really see either happening but none of the other 30 teams in the league will ever ever ever touch Tebow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

eagle eye wrote: »
    He is 25 so its not over just yet. I think with New England he showed improved footwork and his throwing technique was good. He had accuracy issues and he was slow to release and slow to read too. These things can be fixed if he works hard enough and I've no doubt he will. He has the self-belief to go away for a year with a top coach and get himself ready for another shot at it next preseason.

I don't think we have reached the end of Tim Tebow's career.

I also said it from day 1 that he wont make it as a NFL QB because he mechanics are just too poor to be one. I always said that he needs too much development and needed a team to try and develop him from day 1 to stand any chance. The Pats tried and failed as it was far too late in the game for Tebow.

His improved footwork and throwing was still a lower standard than that of an average NFL QB and the problems you pointed out that are still fixable have been his major problems since day 1. Too little too late really with those problems. The Pats took a shot on him and I held some sort of hope the Pats could maybe put him on the right track to prove me wrong but they failed and Tebow failed. He needs a miracle at this point. His time is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Tebow problem is something that is creeping into all sports and that is over analysis and putting to much weight/faith in statices. I am not saying he is an amazing QB, definitely not, but I watch him a fair bit at Florida and he is a winner and ran that offensive amazingly. Managers are afraid to give players chance unless they fit into the new model of all been 6ft plus and run sub 12 sec 60m etc and not like the old days where it was based on what a player actually did not pitch. This is not just a NFL problem but also can be seen in soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

Tebow problem is something that is creeping into all sports and that is over analysis and putting to much weight/faith in statices. I am not saying he is an amazing QB, definitely not, but I watch him a fair bit at Florida and he is a winner and ran that offensive amazingly. Managers are afraid to give players chance unless they fit into the new model of all been 6ft plus and run sub 12 sec 60m etc and not like the old days where it was based on what a player actually did not pitch. This is not just a NFL problem but also can be seen in soccer

That's bit true at all coaches are afraid to have there offense over to a qb who can't throw for his life yea he can land the odd deep ball on the spot but he has one of the least accurate arms iv ever seen in the nfl

The NFL is not as simple as college football. In college Tebow was a freak as a QB. He was as big and strong as a lot of college defensive players he was also faster than a lot of them. He also had quality around him and Florida's whole system was designed around him. He also had time to stand there and throw football in his own time and he had fast as fook WR that got open a lot. He made less reads in college also as the system was designed around him.

The problem with the NFL. Defenses are bigger and stronger and faster on whole than what he would have faced in College. The system Florida ran would only work for so long before being destroyed by NFL defenses. In the NFL he gets nowhere near as that much time to make a decision and throw and also he had 10 times more reads to make in a pro system.

Unfortunately as proved the winner ad tangible stuff was not enough when his bad mechanics and inability to learn how to even read a defense properly caught up with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

obama-straw_1386774c.jpg
    Thats the last post I'll ever read of yours. No discussion at all and really you never add much only negativity so good luck to you but I won't be seeing anymore of your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The NFL would be happy to have him start if he could, you know, throw the ball to the required level. Tebow is not the first star dominating College QB to fail in the NFL. You just heard of Tebow that's all:

ncf_g_heisman2001_390.jpg

brad-banks1.jpg

vince-young.jpg

ncf_g_heisman1967_390.jpg

andre-ware.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Talk of him trying rugby.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9640640/tim-tebow-refused-change-positions-report

Appears Brother Tebow is unwilling to change positions or consider another league. Either an NFL QB or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9640640/tim-tebow-refused-change-positions-report

Appears Brother Tebow is unwilling to change positions or consider another league. Either an NFL QB or nothing.

Bit stubborn for a guy that's ment to be a team player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

He should retire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I don't think so. I still think he has a lot to offer, but it probably won't be in the NFL, that's all. The CFL's his best bet, but he needs to swallow his pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ironically if pride is an issue for him and we could be forgiven for thinking it is. Wouldn't that be going against his strong Christian values?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

nerd69 wrote: »
    Bit stubborn for a guy that's ment to be a team player
    Unfortunately I can't say this is the stupidest comment in this thread but it doesn't mean its anything other than ridiculous either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Might be a spot for him in Tampa soon if Freeman gets out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jaguars fans are holding a rally at 3:16pm to ''encourage the team to sign Tebow.''

Paully D wrote: »
    Jaguars fans are holding a rally at 3:16pm to ''encourage the team to sign Tebow.''

The owner wants to move the franchise to LA. Signing Tebow would hinder his plans.

I'd love if they signed him and made him the long term starter. Year two would be absolutely hilarious. I can already see it:

- initial Tebow surge has his fans in here strutting around;
    - year two starts averagely and a myriad of excuses are trotted out;
    - year two becomes ugly and Tebow is pulled at some point;
    - Tebow gets cut and NFL is bemoaned for not giving him a shot;

Can't wait.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

http://jags-tebow.com/

the website of the "movement"

BUTz1TXIEAAJ6vd.jpg:large

big turnout. Jags might even have the blackouts gone once they sell out the stadium with all these fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Jags haven't had a blackout in regular season since 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Tebow to the Jags? Why not?? He can hardly be worse than Gabbert...

• Advertisement

The owner wants to move the franchise to LA. Signing Tebow would hinder his plans.

I'd love if they signed him and made him the long term starter. Year two would be absolutely hilarious. I can already see it:

- initial Tebow surge has Eagle Eye and the lads in here strutting around;
    - year two starts averagely and a myriad of excuses are trotted out;
    - year two becomes ugly and Tebow is pulled at some point;
    - Tebow gets cut and NFL is bemoaned for not giving him a shot;

Can't wait.

I don't know which is more ridiculous, you and chucky banging the drum to death that you and him were right all a long and Tebow is sh1t or that Tebow fans still have faith I wouldn't mind the two of you go on as if you were the only two to say he would fail. Pretty sad at this point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Jags haven't had a blackout in regular season since 2009.

seriously? how do they manage to get away with that with half empty stadiums and thousands of seats covered by tarps? I thought they'd be one of the worst, considering there is always issues with the likes of San Diego over blackouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bruschi wrote: »
    seriously? how do they manage to get away with that with half empty stadiums and thousands of seats covered by tarps? I thought they'd be one of the worst, considering there is always issues with the likes of San Diego over blackouts.

At I guess I'd say they buy the tickets themselves/give them away. I'm not 100% sure. They ranked 20th in average attendance last year for example. Certainly not the worst and I'd be surprised if they move to LA as well tbh.

Where did you get this from? Khan has never said he wants to move the Franchise to LA and barely any reports both business and sport have ever really backed up the Jags moving to LA. A lot of speculation about it alright but no actual fact.

Khan has put a lot of investment into the city of Jacksonville and into the Teams current facilities, 30m spent on the said facilities and seems committed to Jacksonville for the forseeable future. If they do move it wont be anytime soon.

This guy makes a good argument about it.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/9/1/4680080/shad-khan-believes-in-jacksonville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In alll fairness, their slogan kind of makes sense:

"Jags, Tebow, why not?"

Their offense can't get much worse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

TO. wrote: »
    Where did you get this from? Khan has never said he wants to move the Franchise to LA and barely any reports both business and sport have ever really backed up the Jags moving to LA. A lot of speculation about it alright but no actual fact.

Khan has put a lot of investment into the city of Jacksonville and into the Teams current facilities, 30m spent on the said facilities and seems committed to Jacksonville for the forseeable future. If they do move it wont be anytime soon.

This guy makes a good argument about it.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/9/1/4680080/shad-khan-believes-in-jacksonville

Off-topic, but I don't care, while I was reading that article I also noticed this:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/8/6/4593528/duval-til-we-die-reppin-the-jacksonville-jaguars-in-ireland-cork

A lonely station indeed. Does he post here?

TO. wrote: »
    I don't know which is more ridiculous, you and chucky banging the drum to death that you and him were right all a long and Tebow is sh1t or that Tebow fans still have faith I wouldn't mind the two of you go on as if you were the only two to say he would fail. Pretty sad at this point.

It was a lonely plough to furrow on this forum my man. This is winning time, we have earned our extended celebration lap.

I welcome the chance to win the rematch decisively too, so hope he takes the field as a QB again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It was a lonely plough to furrow on this forum my man. This is winning time, we have earned our extended celebration lap.

I welcome the chance to win the rematch decisively too, so hope he takes the field as a QB again!!

Was it that lonely?

I always thought he would fail aswell and said so and am pretty sure I saw plenty of people expressing that opinion, it was hardly rocket science to guesstimate that his poor mechanics/vision etc could lead to him being a bust

Lonely? Such nonsense. Sums you up really. More than just you and Chucky thought he would fail. I would even go out on a limb and say nearly half the posters on here thought he would fail including myself. I said it from day 1 and I wasn't alone. But unlike you I don't feel the need to rub it in other peoples noses. You are just as bad as those folk who keep banging on about Tebow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Josh McDaniels gave up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Only one decent player drafted in Baltimore with those picks and that was Pitta the Tight End in the 4th

The 43rd pick is already out of the league, BUST

Neither franchise came out of that deal very well :/
    Ravens shade it

Advertisement