Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Klept0

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Uninstall Kies and just drag and drop. Kies is a terrible software, you don't need it

+1!

Had the same problem, Kies is awful software. In my case I was getting a hardware ID error every time I connected my phone to my PC. Uninstalled Kies (and the drivers) and let it find the drivers itself. Also the toolkit could be worth installing if you're having problems with drivers, click here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Klept0 wrote: »
    +1!

Had the same problem, Kies is awful software. In my case I was getting a hardware ID error every time I connected my phone to my PC. Uninstalled Kies (and the drivers) and let it find the drivers itself. Also the toolkit could be worth installing if you're having problems with drivers, click here.

Hate it with a passion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

madmoe wrote: »
    Hate it with a passion!!

Yup almost as bad as itunes. /flame-on :P

Drag and drop for the Win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Or if you feel like you need a little help syncing your music and images get Airdroid

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Or if you feel like you need a little help syncing your music and images get Airdroid

Love Airdroid, great interface and works perfect every time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I got a SGS3 a week or two ago and I really like the phone but I am hating the fact that the autofit in the browser only works if you double click the page :mad::mad:

Is there any browser that does this automatically?

Vahevala wrote: »
    I got a SGS3 a week or two ago and I really like the phone but I am hating the fact that the autofit in the browser only works if you double click the page :mad::mad:

Have you tried Google Chrome mate?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Have you tried Google Chrome mate?

Cheers,
    M

It is better than the stock browser but it makes web browsing so difficult, I can't believe autofit doesn't work as it did in the SGS2.

Tried Boat browser which was even worse. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something. My S3 autofits in the browser.

I have "Auto-fit pages" enabled and "Open pages in overview" disabled.

Do you have an example website?

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something. My S3 autofits in the browser.

I have "Auto-fit pages" enabled and "Open pages in overview" disabled.

Do you have an example website?

I am using www.forums.digitalspy.co.uk and if I open a certain thread, I have to double tap the screen for it to be autofit. If not, I miss half the thread and have to scroll across.

Really making me hate the phone. :( Are you using the stock browser?

• Advertisement

I randomly picked a thread and it looks like all the posts autofit OK (text in the body of the posts). Same as boards.ie

I'm using the stock browser too.
    I am using www.forums.digitalspy.co.uk and if I open a certain thread, I have to double tap the screen for it to be autofit. If not, I miss half the thread and have to scroll across.

Really making me hate the phone. :( Are you using the stock browser?

I randomly picked a thread and it looks like all the posts autofit OK (text in the body of the posts). Same as boards.ie

I'm using the stock browser too.

Are you on the stock ROM? because mine doesn't and it really makes browsing horrid :( unless I double tap the screen to make it autofit. I am on the stock 3 ROM.

@Vahevala, yep I'm on a stock eMobile ROM.

You definitely have "Auto-fit pages" enabled and "Open pages in overview" disabled?
    Perhaps I'm not understanding your problem correctly. Can you post a pic of before/after?

@Vahevala, yep I'm on a stock eMobile ROM.

You definitely have "Auto-fit pages" enabled and "Open pages in overview" disabled?
    Perhaps I'm not understanding your problem correctly. Can you post a pic of before/after?

It isn't just me, check this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/182587-how-do-you-get-text-resize-web-browser.html#anb

I haven't got a camera and don't know how to take a screenshot.

Correct, both of those are set.

Edit: it appears Opera Mobile works well with it, shame other browsers don't. Opera is slow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Can somebody tell me if the SG3 will take an SD card above 64gb. I had it in my head that Samsung had restricted the additional memory limit to 64gb, am I right?

Does somebody have a link to the best type of SD card the SG3 will take?

I was thinking about this

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Mobile-Microsdxc-Memory-Adapter/dp/B007JTKM30/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I take it any micro SD card will do? I'm not sure of any techy details regarding compatibility or read/write speeds I should be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Galaxy S3 supports up to 64GB, so you are good to go :)

source: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone buy a dock for this?im looking for one but dont want to spend too much,are there many cheap ones out there,that wont be in bits within a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Can somebody tell me if the SG3 will take an SD card above 64gb. I had it in my head that Samsung had restricted the additional memory limit to 64gb, am I right?

Isn't 64GB the maximum capacity of MicroSD cards (at the moment) anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Does anyone know if you can disable the volume button on the side of the phone? I keep accidentally hitting it and turning my phone on mute and missing calls. Headwrecking!

Also since I updated (first update) sometimes my phone plays my ringtone but the screen to answer the phone doesn't come up. I even clicked the keypad while it was 'ringing' and nothing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Well My volume buttons are switched off when not using phone. Adjust the settings. Put on screen lock and just answer call normally when needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Redsunset wrote: »
    Well My volume buttons are switched off when not using phone. Adjust the settings. Put on screen lock and just answer call normally when needed.

What settings? I have screen lock on but the volume button gets pressed in my pocket and it turns to mute.

My screen was locked yesterday and my phone just started ringing without the answer screen coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    What settings? I have screen lock on but the volume button gets pressed in my pocket and it turns to mute.

My screen was locked yesterday and my phone just started ringing without the answer screen coming up.

Take your pick from these and never have that problem again.I prefer the simple pattern lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

is anyone else still not getting updates?

im stuck on baseband xxlf2 and build xxalf2 for ages now

My S3 is the same, on eMobile. Tony of the eMobile forum confirmed that's the latest firmware available at the moment.
    is anyone else still not getting updates?

im stuck on baseband xxlf2 and build xxalf2 for ages now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

that red is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Every time I go to a website following a link the stock browser dims the screen to the third level. Any one know how to stop it? Its getting really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Every time I go to a website following a link the stock browser dims the screen to the third level. Any one know how to stop it? Its getting really annoying.

You might have to untick a box in the power saver settings.

Advertisement