Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

What's the easiest way to check which software version I have? Bought the phone with Vodafone nearly 2 months ago and haven't received any updates and when I try with kies it says it's not supported by my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    What's the easiest way to check which software version I have? Bought the phone with Vodafone nearly 2 months ago and haven't received any updates and when I try with kies it says it's not supported by my phone.

Go to settings and 'about device'. It'll be there, chances are you're on 4.0.4

has anyone got jelly bean yet? I'm on o2 and still no sign of the update

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Floodric wrote: »

I've checked there so many times and never noticed that it said android version. Whoops. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Scliyd sync error seems to be gone with the latest jb leak. So far from messing around it looks like this is nearly ready for prime time :)

Pushed back to October

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Been using the latest leak of it since last night, very smooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I have to factory reset my phone again, so going to give DLI7 a go.

Still ok to use CF-Root? Anyone have any problems rooting DLI7?
    Did you have to use triangle away?

Cheers, BN

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

yeah same i updated to 7 today.. since 5 its been smooth as... just figured id upgrade since generally an update means improvement.

Unfortunately I may have to! This is a last resort before sending for repair. :(

Going to give Mobile Odin a go this time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

quick q

using phone regularly but half of the time can be slow moving screens or loading home screen goes blank then loads up.

apps sometimes crash too.

mainly slow.

solution ?

Going to give Mobile Odin a go this time though.

Well that was painless - mobile Odin is a great little app. Will be using it from now on for all my flashing needs.
    No issues with DLI7 to report yet, although still early days. Seems very smooth indeed.

Edit: DLI8 out this morning.
    quick q

using phone regularly but half of the time can be slow moving screens or loading home screen goes blank then loads up.

apps sometimes crash too.

mainly slow.

solution ?

Backup with KIES and factory reset would probably fix it? But I'd do this as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Lads,

My Vodafone SGS2 contract is coming to an end and I'm wondering why I shouldn't switch to Three and pick up the SGS3 FOC? Three seem to have the lowest monthly costs for calls + texts + data.

I've been with Vodafone for over 10 years so have no idea how Three stack up in comparison.

Thoughts anyone?

Ben

can someone who is on three confirm they fixed the roaming issues with the phone?

emobile were also doing a great offer 35 euro a month for unlimited everything

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Hi lads,
    Quick question! When you all bought the S3 did you register the product on Samsung? Ive tried on Irish version but i dont even have the option of saying i bought it in Three...also have any of ye got Samsung accounts? Should i set up one. Any advice would be appreciated thanks!

for samsung dive i.e your phone security or finding it etc, you need a samsung account i believe

BenThere wrote: »
    Lads,

My Vodafone SGS2 contrat is coming to an end and I'm wondering why I shouldn't switch to Three and pick up the SGS3 FOC? Three seem to have the lowest monthly costs for calls + texts + data.

I've been with Vodafone for over 10 years so have no idea how Three stack up in comparison.

Thoughts anyone?

Ben

Their price plan looks great on paper. Lots of internet is great.

Though coverage and service depends on area. I would have loved to switch, but 350 units won't get me far because 90% of people who I'll call or text will be different network.

Unless your surrounded by people with three might become expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Evolutionary and Captain Morgan, good points there :o Given VF offer free VF to VF calls and most of my contacts are on VF that counts for a lot as does good nationwide coverage and reasonable international roaming rates.

Guess I might just end up sticking with VF in the end.

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Evolutionary and Captain Morgan, good points there :o Given VF offer free VF to VF calls and most of my contacts are on VF that counts for a lot as does good nationwide coverage and reasonable international roaming rates.

Guess I might just end up sticking with VF in the end.

Ben

the phone still costs a fortune with vodafone anyway and their contracts are rediculous...let alone internet usage allowances are generally low with them too

them and three are buying the rights to LTe in the country though, for what good it will do so if you are in a city it might be an ok option

• Advertisement

I recommend not flashing DLI7. The battery life is terrible. I've had to charge it twice since flashing it last night and it's already at 56% again.
    (maybe I should have given it another few days?)

Will flash DLI8 now to see if it improves the battery life.

Battery life seems to be just the same as the other leaks or even before it.

This has probably been asked before, but could having it rooted be causing the battery drain?
    (I used CF-Root)

@Captain - is your DLI7 rooted?

doubt it does.
    i went through my battery in a day fairly easy though on dli7 alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Realistically how long could I expect from the battery on the S3?

Right now I use an iphone 4 thats two years old and I get a solid 2 days between charges. That's with using the music player on it loads and a lot of browsing over wifi on Facebook and such. Would I get close to that on the S3, or is the screen just gonna drain all my battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If your phone is rooted, save yourself €20 and just download this app.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1846451

thanks guys...used the app last night and it worked a treat...all done in 5 mins :)

• Advertisement

thats at least 6 months away.....
    but still very fast release alright..
    dont like the fact theyre upscaling the screen again. maybe the phone wont increase much in size if they have less space for keys on it, but i reckon 5" might be going a bit extreme...

Advertisement