Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options
1858687888991»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

jap gt wrote: »
    wouldn't have a clue how to go about any of that :o

All your questions answered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Im thinking of updating my phone from Android version 4.1.2 to whatever version Three have released. Im upgrading because my version is affected by the heartbleed bug. Would anyone with an up to date S3 recommend the update or should I keep 4.1.2??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

My understanding is that you should not update, that people are even having problems with whatever supposedly fixed version of 4.3 is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Im thinking of updating my phone from Android version 4.1.2 to whatever version Three have released. Im upgrading because my version is affected by the heartbleed bug. Would anyone with an up to date S3 recommend the update or should I keep 4.1.2??

Thanks
    My understanding is that you should not update, that people are even having problems with whatever supposedly fixed version of 4.3 is available.

Im concerned about the fact the version of OpenSSL on my device is affected by the Heartbleed bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Im concerned about the fact the version of OpenSSL on my device is affected by the Heartbleed bug.

This is also the case on my SGS3. For whatever it is worth, I downloaded an app called Heartbleed Detector. I ran it and it said that the version of SSL on my device is affected by Heartbleed but that the vulnerable behaviour was not enabled and everything was ok.

Now I'm no expert, so I'm taking this at face value, having looked at an article on Drippler and at the ratings of the app.

That said, I'd prefer to run my phone with a vulnerability which doesn't cause any practical problems for me, than to download a version of Android that has caused major problems for many people.

Some people say great things about rooting the phone and flashing custom ROMs but I don't know a lot about that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement