Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anybody got any nice themes through go launcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Nope- 32gb.
    Davie89 wrote: »
    elderlemon wrote: »
    got my class 10 from mymemory for €14 , delivered in about 5 days. Not bad.

A 16GB im guessing?

The cheapest a 32gb class 10 has ever been on mymemory is £18.04 (~€23).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

elderlemon wrote: »
    got my class 10 from mymemory for €14 , delivered in about 5 days. Not bad.

What make, how about a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Which ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

It was a "special offer" from mymemory a couple of months back. Its a "mymemory" branded card so don't know who really makes it. No complaints about it -find it very fast in my S3.
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    What make, how about a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

All of a sudden my battery has gone to sh1t I have no idea why, yesterday it was on 15% before bed where just 2 weeks ago it would be on 60%.

This morning already its on 88% after only 1.5hours off charge! WTF. I rebooted it last night to see if there was some app draining it (installed 3 days ago so possible)

EDIT only newish app is Songpop, going to uninstall and see if that sorts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

14 quid for 32GB class 10 is excellent value! I just paid EUR 25 for similar Samsung microsd from amazon.
    (got it at 20 GBP)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I got mine form Amazon as well, it seems to be cheaper now
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Class-Micro-Extreme-Speed/dp/B00569J5CY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1343810681&sr=8-6
    but you will have to have an order over €25 to get free delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

fionny wrote: »
    All of a sudden my battery has gone to sh1t I have no idea why, yesterday it was on 15% before bed where just 2 weeks ago it would be on 60%.

This morning already its on 88% after only 1.5hours off charge! WTF. I rebooted it last night to see if there was some app draining it (installed 3 days ago so possible)

EDIT only newish app is Songpop, going to uninstall and see if that sorts

I have this too.. might try removing it - battery is a joke, I am a heavy user though

I have this too.. might try removing it - battery is a joke, I am a heavy user though

Since I removed it already the battery is dropping at more reasonable rate, I suspect it was the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 July2012

Thanks for your help Subway. Found app called Net Safety, thought it was under settings. Uninstalled app & problem gone.

Or you can just order more than £25 pound worth then cancel your unwanted items immediately. Works like a charm every time! ;)
    It was a "special offer" from mymemory a couple of months back. Its a "mymemory" branded card so don't know who really makes it. No complaints about it -find it very fast in my S3.

That card was on offer for £18.52 a few months back, it was never any cheaper. I think you must have mistyped €24 with €14 and haven't noticed yet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Install GSam Battery Monitor, (GSam Labs) not alone does it tell whats using ur battery but it breaks down ur app usage detailing the % of battery each app uses

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en

2zHyfLQnTqYZ-AwcflgYcs1bstdjrlFqGsJaJEWQU7w1U1dUZsACOpCmlQdOasLihg

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Hey all

Gonna be getting my S3 tomorrow and was wondering whats the benefit of flashing unbranded uk rom over stock one?

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

EJ22 wrote: »
    Hey all

Gonna be getting my S3 tomorrow and was wondering whats the benefit of flashing unbranded uk rom over stock one?

Thanks all!

Quicker and more frequent updates would be a big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

EJ22 wrote: »
    Hey all

Thanks all!

One thing to note if you are with 3 is that it will no longer switch between 2g and 3g coverage. You will need to do this automatically yourself. Not a huge problem but just something to be aware off.
    god's toy wrote: »
    Quicker and more frequent updates would be a big one.

I flashed mine a few weeks ago so just wondering when there is new updates released do I need to flash it again or would I just receive the update by searching for it on my phone?

A deal site has a genuine Galaxy S3 Flip case for sale today, for 18euro including delivery

d06e16139f639e7dd854b165c67f95d0.jpg

Its in blue and white and has free nationwide delivery.

If you are considering buying i would really appriciate if you would use my referral link:

<snip/>

But if not then here is the normal link:

http://foffit.com/

• Advertisement

Actually just looking at the site I got the firmware from XDA

The one I downloaded was I9300XXBLFB which seems to be the third latest one so would there be any problem me just skipping ahead and flashing the latest one which is I9300XXBLG8 with Odin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

This was one of the main reasons I switched from 3Ireland.

I ended up having to switch from 2G to 3G every time I wanted to use the internet. It became a right pain to be honest. I wouldn't have mind if it was every now and again, but the phone would be on 2G most of the time.

Although in saying that, some of the custom ROMs include a widget to quickly switch between the 2G/3G. Some allow you to switch based on profiles (time based/location based).
    s_carnage wrote: »
    One thing to note if you are with 3 is that it will no longer switch between 2g and 3g coverage. You will need to do this automatically yourself. Not a huge problem but just something to be aware off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

This was one of the main reasons I switched from 3Ireland.

I ended up having to switch from 2G to 3G every time I wanted to use the internet. It became a right pain to be honest. I wouldn't have mind if it was every now and again, but the phone would be on 2G most of the time.

Although in saying that, some of the custom ROMs include a widget to quickly switch between the 2G/3G. Some allow you to switch based on profiles (time based/location based).

surely you get a similar widget on any rom? custom or not

Cyrus wrote: »
    surely you get a similar widget on any rom? custom or not

Would be very interested in this if anyone knows if it can be done on a unrooted phone

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

i flashed my phone with different ROMs so far and it switch 2G and 3G automatically, hence i am with Three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Was going to pick one up over the weekend, but Christ, there seems to be so many problems....

Anyone brave enough not to dismiss them and admit it's a bad experience overall, if in fact that is the case??

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Was going to pick one up over the weekend, but Christ, there seems to be so many problems....

Anyone brave enough not to dismiss them and admit it's a bad experience overall, if in fact that is the case??

most the problems listed here are either apps related, newbie questions but personally, have ZERO problem. NOTHING is wrong.

Bad Panda wrote: »

You are reading comments from fussy people on a network who are messy in everything they do, so glad i left 3 personally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Cheers.

I was looking at the other thread too and was mainly concerned with the battery drainage.

I'll be getting an unbranded one too which is a bit of a plus.

• Advertisement

Advertisement