Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

This post has been deleted.

Do I just need to use the APK in the link and that's it or does something extra need to be flashed mate?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

madmoe wrote: »
    Do I just need to use the APK in the link and that's it or does something extra need to be flashed mate?

Cheers,
    M

I think its a case of using VooDoo first. Just download it and run it.
    Then use CWM with this file

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Sniipe wrote: »
    I think its a case of using VooDoo first. Just download it and run it.
    Then use CWM with this file

Think it's the other way around..At least it was for me..

Patch first , then run Voodoo.. Sim Unlock now holds for me

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Think it's the other way around..At least it was for me..

Patch first , then run Voodoo.. Sim Unlock now holds for me

I do have one odd thing though.. The *#7465625# command to check Sim lock status no longer works for me - Just does nothing...

Hasn't worked for a while...not sure when it stopped..

Anyone else see this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Phone updated this morning build number not changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Cool - I found this guide and I'm going to try it out. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

Update released by Samsung for Battery drain via modem

Details from SamMobile site here

Seems to suggest a significant improvement in battery life..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Update released by Samsung for Battery drain via modem

Details from SamMobile site here

Seems to suggest a significant improvement in battery life..

Always good news!!

• Advertisement

Time to test out the battery time again then! I was already quite happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Update was applied this morning, build number and version stayed the same. Devs should really provide a change log with OTA updates.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Devs should really provide a change log with OTA updates.

Couldn't agree more, I received an update yesterday so I assume that was it but will check via Kies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Do vodafone block updating via kies? When I try it just says your device does not support software updating via kies.
    Still haven't been given the option to update it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's a cool Google music widget called plugin music. Quite customizable.

Always hated the stock one.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone know how to check modem version as i got the update with brightness slider yesterday and i wanna see if im still waiting on the latest one. Im on vodafone branded, not rooted/flashed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Got mine yesterday. Brilliant phone nice upgrade from my htc desire hd.

*#1234# should give you that info.
    Cheers but i dont see a modem here unless im just not seeing it. Only things i see id ap, cp and csc along with firmware numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Sniipe wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. However I hit this issue:

So I clicked on my SuperSU app and it asks for an update "The Su binary needs to be updated. Continue?" so I click yes then "Installation failed"
    OMG... I should have never updated... :|

I had the same problem on a LG phone. Uninstalled it and upgraded from the market again. There was something strange because after I uninstalled it there was still option to "upgrade", but it worked.

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »
    Cheers but i dont see a modem here unless im just not seeing it. Only things i see id ap, cp and csc along with firmware numbers.

CP is the Modem version

Should read I9300XXLH1 if you have the latest modem installed

EJ22 wrote: »

CP is the Modem version

Should read I9300XXLH1 if you have the latest modem installed
    Thanks very much. I haven't got it so guess i'll be waiting a while for vodafone to push it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I bought a Galaxy SIII a couple of days ago, really like the phone but I have a horrendous echo during calls, I have turned the noise reduction off but I am sick of hearing myself during calls :mad:

Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Vahevala wrote: »
    I bought a Galaxy SIII a couple of days ago, really like the phone but I have a horrendous echo during calls, I have turned the noise reduction off but I am sick of hearing myself during calls :mad:

Anyone else have this?

call someone who is far away and not standing right next to you and it should be ok...
    :P
    but nah..generally these things are due to the network rather than the phone i would have thought no?
    can you throw a sim from antoher network into it and see if the issue is still there>?
    EDIT: be hard enough to find micro sims from other phones around besides people who own a 4s im guessing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fatops

howzat wrote: »
    Thanks for that unklerosco. Galaxy S3 on Vodafone is locked:(

Back to my original problem re Wifi and no internet connection over Wifi on my Galaxy S3. I got Samsung Galaxy S3 on Tuesday 12th June from Vodafone. Initially Wifi was working fine. However after 2nd charge, the wifi was no longer working. Correction, the wifi is connected, Signal strength Good etc but CANNOT access internet. Went back to Vodafone shop, they tried to help but no success. Advised that I ring Vodafone data support which I did, went through everything with them, finally he suggested that I do a factory reset and hey presto Wifi internet connection back again - that was yesterday. I charged phone yesterday evening and tried to go online after about 10pm and internet gone again and hasn't returned. Can I stress that wifi is connected and phone recognises connection is good etc. I have googled this issue and there does seem to be a wifi problem with some Samsung Galaxy S3's. Please help.

hi mate i got the same problem i contacted samsung and they said they will sent me a bag which i put the phone and sent it to samsung :) if it is less than 28 days you could get a refund / new phone if you have the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

When I connect my S3 to Kies and try to backup it says there's an error. I also tried to transfer music from my laptop to the phone and for about half an hour it was stuck on the first file transfer. Cancelled it in the end. Anyone know what's up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    When I connect my S3 to Kies and try to backup it says there's an error. I also tried to transfer music from my laptop to the phone and for about half an hour it was stuck on the first file transfer. Cancelled it in the end. Anyone know what's up?

Uninstall Kies and just drag and drop. Kies is a terrible software, you don't need it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the wifi wont work on my S3 .Was working fine until yesterday.Anyone else have this problem or know a solution to this?

Advertisement