Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Corkbah wrote: »
    thats almost like code for a 0-0 :P

Or a code for under 2.5 ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cork City -1 Asian @ 3/5 (Bet365) LARGE STAKE
    Cork City -1 Normal @ 11/10 (General) MEDIUM STAKE

Finn Harps win @ 4/5 (Sporting Bet) LARGE STAKE
    Finn Harps -1 Asian @ 5/4 (Bet365) MEDIUM STAKE
    Finn Harps -2 Asian @ 17/4 (Bet365) SMALL STAKE

WOW! :eek::eek:

Brought back down to Earth after a few unreal weeks of LoI betting. Back to the drawing board for next weekend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Derry City -1 @ 3/1
    St. Pat's @ 4/5
    Sligo -1 @ 5/6

Bet €10 to win €132.

Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

That time of the week again,tuf enough this week but im going for

St Patrick's Athletic 4/9

Shamrock Rovers 4/11

Longford town 9/10

10 treble pay 37

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Derry at 2.2 look the bet of the week to me.

• Advertisement

salmon1 wrote: »
    That time of the week again,tuf enough this week but im going for

St Patrick's Athletic 4/9

Shamrock Rovers 4/11

Longford town 9/10

10 treble pay 37

Rovers at 4/11 really?

Rovers at 4/11 really?

yeh with betpack and i think pp are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

I'm gonna go for Sligo and Pats straight win with BTTS in Dundalk v Derry.

Personally I'm keeping away from Shams no matter who they are playing until they put at least a 2 game winning run behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Under 2.5 in Harps v Athlone would be a good game. Last few games off the top of my head have been 2-0, 1-1,1-0, 1-0. Don't know the price but will probably back this as well as Harps to win 1-0. Heart over head here though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Drogs to win at Tolka best bet of the week IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Hi all first time poster here, thinking of a treble tonight of

Finn Harps
    Drogheda
    Longford Town
    All to win

Around 9.3 on pp, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bateman wrote: »
    Drogs to win at Tolka best bet of the week IMO

Just to be sure, that's Drogheda to beat Shelbourne, right?

Just to be sure, that's Drogheda to beat Shelbourne, right?

yeh at about 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Kevwoody wrote: »

Finn Harps
    Drogheda
    Longford Town
    All to win

Still a few lads out injured or just coming back to fitness for Longford, we've also been playing terrible football lately. Wexford are super strong and fit, so Longford win is certainly not a safe bet, chances are we'll edge it by 1 goal but it won't be easy.

Drogs win is great value and Harps should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Single
    UCD v St Pats
    Over 2.5 goals 43/40
    So far all UCD league matches gone over 2.5 goals

Singe
    Dundalk v Derry
    BTTS 5/6
    Dundalk last 6 league matches has seen both teams score

Harps are on my blacklist let me down last 2 weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Drogs have been conceding goals every game this year which is worrying. However we are managing to score a few too. I wouldn't be as confident of a comfortable win as some posters.

Both teams will be going all out for a win tonight with a draw no good for either team. Looking forward to it and I would be leaning towards over 2.5 goals at a similar price as a Drogs win which I took last night at 2.16

I have also gone for over 2.5 goals in the Derry vs Dundalk game which is a generous 2.16 too. Once again one would expect Derry to edge the game but the way both teams play I would expect to see goals in this game.

2 singles and a double for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

yeh at about 10/11

11/10 with Hills, it's not the best value ever but really think Shels are going to get worse before they get better

yeh with betpack and i think pp are the same

My point was more aimed at the fact that Bray always like causing an upset against Rovers and that Rovers can't win a match lately for their dinner, 4/11 is not a price I'd be going near tbh.
    Kevwoody wrote: »

Finn Harps
    Drogheda
    Longford Town
    All to win

Harps missing their best player this season so far (Thomas McGongle(sp)) and McCarron is out (who they missed last week badly in the 0-0 with Mervue). No bet from me as Athlone will most likely won't to get out of 1st gear and get their season on the road.

Not confident either on Longford to get a result in Wexford tbh.
    Bateman wrote: »
    11/10 with Hills, it's not the best value ever but really think Shels are going to get worse before they get better

Only so bad we can get, tonight is essentially a must win when you look at our fixtures for the rest of the month.

***League of Ireland Bets***

Not a great week of betting tbh, been trying to muster up some bets and this is what I've come up with.

Dundalk -v- Derry City - 7.45pm

3rd -v- 2nd

No new injury concerns for either side, but the main news is the return of Patterson into the Derry City squad.

Over 2.5 goals has come in, in 2 out of 3 Derrys away matches this season, while it has come in, in 3 out of 4 Dundalk home matches and 6 out of 7 in home/away matches.

BTTS have come in, in 3 out of 4 home games for Dundalk, while it has come in, in out of 6 out of 7 matches home and away combined. Derry have a good clean sheet stat but I'm fairly confident they will concede here.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE
    Both Teams To Score @ 10/11 (Coral) - MEDIUM STAKE

Shelbourne -v- Drogheda - 8pm

I absolutely HATE backing for/against my own side but Shels are due a couple of goals and a point or 3!

Shels have just 1 point and 1 goal this season, while Drogs are stuck in draw mode with 5 out of 7 games this season being draws. Their away record is 3 draws and a loss, but they can score.

Shels are near full strenght with just two long term injuries being out (EDIT: ALTHOUGH IT'S WASN'T ANNOUNCED IN THE PRESS RELEASE, I'M TOLD OUR FIRST TEAM KEEPER IS OUT, WAIT TILL INPLAY TO STAKE), while Drogs are missing two lesser players who got injured in their 2-1 defeat on Tuesday in the Leinster Senior Cup to non-league side Wayside Celtic (which went to extra time).

A couple of the first team Drogheda side played in that Cup match on Tuesday which could take the edge of some of their players coming into the closing stages of tonight's match. Supposedly Gary O'Neill could be starting for Drogheda his stats ain't the best (in the past 8 years he's played 223 matches for 5 clubs scoring just 56 goals).

Shelbourne DNB @ 7/4 (Bet365) - SMALL STAKE

I won't be around inplay as I'll be at the Shels match, but keep an eye on Salthill DNB inplay, Waterford missing Vinny Sullivan and they've been under-performing so much this season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'm on that Derry BTTS too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

A few bets in the Dundalk v Derry match for me..

over 2.5 goals @ 2.11 (Main bet)

Derry to win not to nil @ 4.8 (same as Derry to win and both to score but better odds)

Derry to win and over 2.5 goals @ 3.5

I think there should be goals but Derry might just shade it hence the above bets.

That's the plan anyway :P it's gonna be a great or **** night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

going for a btts treble be of interest for the night

Athlone vs finn harps
    Dundalk vs Derry
    wexford vs Longford

4/1 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Nice to have a bet come through this early...thanks for the heads up on Dundalk/Derry BTTS

Derry to win not to nil @ 4.8 (same as Derry to win and both to score but better odds)

I think there should be goals but Derry might just shade it hence the above bets.

Looking very good at the moment for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

it's not often every bet wins for me :D

Drogmal wrote: »
    Drogs have been conceding goals every game this year which is worrying. However we are managing to score a few too. I wouldn't be as confident of a comfortable win as some posters.

Both teams will be going all out for a win tonight with a draw no good for either team. Looking forward to it and I would be leaning towards over 2.5 goals at a similar price as a Drogs win which I took last night at 2.16

I have also gone for over 2.5 goals in the Derry vs Dundalk game which is a generous 2.16 too. Once again one would expect Derry to edge the game but the way both teams play I would expect to see goals in this game.

2 singles and a double for me.

Oh Fabiooooo. And Derry beating Dundalk, good nights work.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE
    Both Teams To Score @ 10/11 (Coral) - MEDIUM STAKE

Shelbourne DNB @ 7/4 (Bet365) - SMALL STAKE

I won't be around inplay as I'll be at the Shels match, but keep an eye on Salthill DNB inplay, Waterford missing Vinny Sullivan and they've been under-performing so much this season so far.

Back to winning ways for the first two, and for anyone on our Facebook betting group the 5/2 bet was a winner too.

How Shels lost I'll never know, once they conceded they switched off and get nailed!

Salthill seemed unlucky, disallowed goal, then went 1-0 down, then 1-1 then lost 2-1. Was plenty of value around inplay for anyone who was keeping an eye.

Back to winning ways for the first two, and for anyone on our Facebook betting group the 5/2 bet was a winner too.

How Shels lost I'll never know, once they conceded they switched off and get nailed!

Salthill seemed unlucky, disallowed goal, then went 1-0 down, then 1-1 then lost 2-1. Was plenty of value around inplay for anyone who was keeping an eye.

You could see the heads go down as soon as Drogs equalised. Even though we didn't create much I thought we shaded the match and once Mick brought on some support for O Neil we looked a much more dangerous side I thought.

Drogmal wrote: »
    You could see the heads go down as soon as Drogs equalised. Even though we didn't create much I thought we shaded the match and once Mick brought on some support for O Neil we looked a much more dangerous side I thought.

Match should have been dead and buried at the start of the second half, instead chances were wasted and it took Mathews till 2-1 down to make changes!

Hope yous didn't mind us joining in your "Mathews what's the score, Mathews, Mathews, what's the score" chant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Whats the facebook page Gavin??

Advertisement