Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

Can it just be moved to another screen? i.e. it doesn't have to be your first home screen

No it does not have to he your home screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Is this going to ship on 4.1 or 4.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bluefoam wrote: »

Yes

I concur

So HTC Ireland have announced the phone will be available on Friday, yet none of the phone shops (well, two) I've been into know anything about a confirmed date...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Looks like it's shipping with 4.1.2 with a 4.2 update coming within a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Basil3 wrote: »
    So HTC Ireland have announced the phone will be available on Friday, yet none of the phone shops (well, two) I've been into know anything about a confirmed date...

Still no pricing either, I asked a few days ago and I was told it was delayed into April. I showed them the facebook post from HTC and they said maybe its out next week so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Looks like it's shipping with 4.1.2 with a 4.2 update coming within a couple of months.
    In fairness 4.2.2 was such a small update it really doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

So after getting stellar reviews for this phone, HTC can't capitalize on this for over a month in most markets worldwide due to a limited supply of cameras.

Seems they can't catch a break over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭_ricochet_

Visited 4 different providers yesterday asking about this, the only one who know anything about this phone was a woman in the three store. She also advised me the phone would be €129 on the €40 tariff for 24months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭randel

If I buy this phone sim free will it work on all the future 4g networks in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

randel wrote: »
    If I buy this phone sim free will it work on all the future 4g networks in Ireland?
    Sim free has nothing to do with the network provider. If you want 4g, find out if the one you are buying has lte. I think that is the US version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

randel wrote: »

Yes it will as long as you buy an UK/Irish version of the phone.

Just looking at the battery stats thread on xda, peoole are getting 4.5-7 hours screen on time per charge. Battery life definitely isn't a concern to me any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lfc2000

Taken from xda developers:

Xperia Z

Thinner
    Bigger Screen
    Water Proof
    Dust Proof
    Multitasking Button
    microSD, up to 32 GB
    DragonTrail Glass
    13MP Camera

HTC one

IR Blaster
    Higher PPI (469)
    Stereo Speakers
    UltraPixel Sensor
    Built-in Amplifier
    Optical Image Stabilization
    HDR Front Camera
    Snapdragon 600
    Metal Exterior
    Viewing Angles
    Contrast
    Sunlight Visiblity

To me the One wins out, but wait until the One comes out, go have a good look at both, and base your decision on which one makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

From what I've read the Sony is giving a lot of trouble. Dead pixels and the phone going dead for no reason and will only turn on after reset. HTC one for me

Speaking to people in the shops, they don't normally hear anything until a couple of days before hand. It's always last minute stuff.

Have the One X and am thinking of upgrading at some point. Anyone know if the One has the same 'Car Dock' feature that the One X has, where it goes straight into Car mode opening up your chosen docking app when you put it in a car dock? This would be a big deal to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It does. The dock aligns the other way though, which is (okay, looks) annoying since you have to slide the phone in sideways rather than just dropping it in like the X. There's an unboxing by Clove on YouTube that shows it nicely, and another non-english one that shows dock mode. It's slightly different to the setup on the X.

SteM wrote: »
    Have the One X and am thinking of upgrading at some point. Anyone know if the One has the same 'Car Dock' feature that the One X has, where it goes straight into Car mode opening up your chosen docking app when you put it in a car dock? This would be a big deal to me.

It does car dock is part of sense ui.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm nearly certainly gonna sell my iPhone 5 for this. Upgraded from an sgs2 a few weeks back purely because this was the best deal i could get on my upgrade. Had planned to eventually get an SGS4 but think I'll go for this now.
    I suppose this is an adverts job??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

Hi does anyone know if you will be able to stream content (eg: movies) from the htc one to a smart tv without the htc media link?

Is the htc media link basically a way of doing the above but on a non-smart tv?

Amazon release date gone back again, April 12 now. Anyone use Phones4U via ParcelMotel, or Handtec?

dahamsta wrote: »
    Amazon release date gone back again, April 12 now. Anyone use Phones4U via ParcelMotel, or Handtec?

Am interested in the same, or Asda direct. For about €580 or 590 you can get the phone with media link hd and flip case. Cheaper than it will cost us for just the phone, no doubt.

Edit: think the offer has sold out

Wouldn't touch Asda with a barge pole.

My ship date is still 28th, but I have a car dock too and I'm wondering will the ship that and I'll be stuck with nothing to put into it until April and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

SteM wrote: »

Sorry to hijack the thread. What car dock do you have? Is it secure in your car and does it charge your phone as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I got a mail from Clove today to say that their stock is not expected until the 3rd now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Hi does anyone know if you will be able to stream content (eg: movies) from the htc one to a smart tv without the htc media link?

Is the htc media link basically a way of doing the above but on a non-smart tv?

If your smart tv has dlna built in you should be able to stream to it.

kala85 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread. What car dock do you have? Is it secure in your car and does it charge your phone as well?

Expensive but rock solid (has been on the windscreen since August) and I can use it with the cover I have on my phone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008I37K7C/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

It comes with a separate micro usb cable and cigarette charger that will charge the phone. You don't have to use the cable that comes with it, I swapped it out for a longer cable so I could run it around the trim and just plugged the new cable into the base of the mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

My ship date is still 28th

My ship date is still the 28th with Amazon. The item that has slipped to April 12th is not supplied by amazon, its supplied by "Ur Mobile", actual option to purchase / pre-order direct from Amazon is not listed on the site currently....well thats what I'm currently trying to convince myself at the moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Holding out for the Xperia ZL myself (same spec as Z but not waterproof and slimmer with IR remote and dedicated camera button which is missing on the Z!). Sim free only though! (c.€550)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvtEueghV7U

Advertisement