Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

sorry.....i was replying to beno619s reply.....does have dnla built in

Went past a 3 store and a Vodafone store this morning while doing a couple of jobs. Neither of them knew much.

The woman at the Vodafone store said that they get deliveries on a Tuesday and Friday, so if they are selling it from tomorrow it will literally arrive on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

thanks Beno619....i think it does!

My Samsung TV will allow streaming from my galaxy note 2 or Lumia 800,but I couldn't find an option to share it on the screen HTC One X. I could only see share it, which was for sending it, not watching. Media link thing didn't work with my TV

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

cfuWccN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

My Samsung TV will allow streaming from my galaxy note 2 or Lumia 800,but I couldn't find an option to share it on the screen HTC One X. I could only see share it, which was for sending it, not watching. Media link thing didn't work with my TV

Just download Skifta or something similar... It'll work a breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Mathiasb wrote: »
    cfuWccN.jpg

But those Three packages don't include data... or at least not enough data.

I see that 3 tweeted that the phone is actually available instore now....but only for contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

just got dispatch notification from meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Bluefoam wrote: »

Just download Skifta or something similar... It'll work a breeze.
    Got a call from emobile today. They have it in stock now. Collecting tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

did they give you any details on the pricing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads I ordered this on 3 this morning when can I expect delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭cullenswood

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads I ordered this on 3 this morning when can I expect delivery?

Tomorrow

150 euro for 35pm over 2 years.

Not bad especially with new Vodafone plans that are quite good. It's a shame they don't have any other colours than gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I have to go to a store to upgrade, was on a friends and family plan with VF. The store I called said they may have it in tomorrow though

They better !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

That total cost column is a myth as you are getting mins/texts/data for the duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

150 euro for 35pm over 2 years.

Not bad especially with new Vodafone plans that are quite good. It's a shame they don't have any other colours than gray.

Was going to buy a ready to go and stick with my sim-free package (€579 + (24 x €27) = €1227), but for an extra €8 per month, that looks like a good deal from VF (€150 + (24 x €35) = €990). Am I missing something? I'm suspicious:rolleyes:

The 24 month thing would bother me, but I've got nearly 2 and 1/2 out of my Desire HD.

The only bad thing about the vodafone offer is the length of the contract(but that is becoming the norm) and only having 500mb of data, the One will easily rip through that allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

It may not i have a one s and get through around 400mb a month on the network away from wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

ofcork wrote: »
    That total cost column is a myth as you are getting mins/texts/data for the duration.

Myth? It's euros that you are paying. What you are using the euros for is a different discussion.

I just did the comparison for total price mostly. The data allowance for Three was based on their crap "flex units" thing. I.e. don't use the units for calls or texts, just data. So, a best case scenario for a smartphone.

(what, you get a new smartphone and you don't use all the data? You're doing it wrong.)

• Advertisement

allen175 wrote: »
    The only bad thing about the vodafone offer is the length of the contract(but that is becoming the norm) and only having 500mb of data, the One will easily rip through that allowance.

500MB probably are still enough for folks in these days, but it still beats o2's offering of 350MB which is just silly.

You can get another 500MB for an extra fiver which then makes it a reasonable 1GB. Id personally would like to see an add on for unlimited data, but I doubt its ever going to happen with Vodafone :)

Its 100 euro for the phone with 3 for 40.66 pm on 2 years :)

Their a bit more generous on data, just wish they gave unlimited texts with their plan. I generally would still rather buy my own phone and have the freedom of switching whenever and to who ever I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

500MB probably are still enough for folks in these days, but it still beats o2's offering of 350MB which is just silly.

You can get another 500MB for an extra fiver which then makes it a reasonable 1GB. Id personally would like to see an add on for unlimited data, but I doubt its ever going to happen with Vodafone :)

Their a bit more generous on data, just wish they gave unlimited texts with their plan. I generally would still rather buy my own phone and have the freedom of switching whenever and to who ever I want.

500 mb is plenty for me, as at home and work I use the wifi and would never go over it with just switching it on in the car. VF are the only ones that'll give me decent coverage here, so I think I'm going to sell my soul to them for another 2 years.

Sure with a decent data package, why would you need the unlimited texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Won't be considering anything longer than a 12 month contract.

500 mb is plenty for me, as at home and work I use the wifi and would never go over it with just switching it on in the car. VF are the only ones that'll give me decent coverage here, so I think I'm going to sell my soul to them for another 2 years.

Sure with a decent data package, why would you need the unlimited texts?

Meh. Just convenience of not having to use viber or web texts.

Regarding data. I wouldnt want to live with 500mb :D I would die without Spotify Radio:D Plus the convenience, I don't have to go looking for WiFi hot-spots are asking people for their WiFi password. I just use it, even when at home, id just keep using data rather than switching on WiFi

246982.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

allen175 wrote: »
    did they give you any details on the pricing?
    Forgot to ask! Ill post up here tomorrow with what I find out
    Won't be considering anything longer than a 12 month contract.
    I'll be going 12 months on emobile

yeah i just signed up to that plan tonight, got all the confirmation and phone calls within 10 mins of ordering, i just hope i got in quick enough for the media link

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

o2 Navan are getting 3 in tomorrow. Prepay €549. Never asked about bill pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Macca3000 wrote: »
    o2 Navan are getting 3 in tomorrow. Prepay €549. Never asked about bill pay.

Network locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

dahamsta wrote: »
    Network locked?

He couldn't (or maybe wouldn't) say.

I'm hoping the usual HTC unlock applies like my old Sensation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ta. It's a good price, but I couldn't buy it unless it came unlocked or could be unlocked. I'm guessing they are given the rush to market, but they'd have to guarantee it and I'm guessing they wouldn't.

Advertisement