Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Can I have a link please?

0202wjuqv.jpg

0101uzurv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I would wait for a few examples like the above before condemning the build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Kxiii wrote: »
    I would wait for a few examples like the above before condemning the build quality.

I know but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

That's not Good lads,not Good at all. Looks like it got a fall though....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

These issues happen with any new device, it's the risk you take as an early adopter. I'm sure in a few weeks it'l be sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Think I'll be waiting for the s4 now before I do anything. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Id nearly go so far as to say its been one of the best made phones ive had in the last 6 or 7 years, probably back to the sony w810i which was very robust.

The fact that it goes kaput quickly once a problem develops would indicate to me that its something serious which the phone cant recover from as would be the case with every other phone. There is nothing worse than a phone that gets a knock and slowly but surely deteriorates, getting loose and more shabby. As per the other poster, my phone is nearly a year old and I could happily say it looks and feels as good as new

Id nearly go so far as to say its been one of the best made phones ive had in the last 6 or 7 years,

My sentiments exactly, the only reason im upgrading this year is because the new HTC One is so stunning, tho it does pain me to let go of my One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Only reason ill even consider upgrading is if my other half wants to replace her half dead HTC Rhyme, I can pass this on knowing that its not going to come back with comments like "this phone is useless" or "I hate this stupid phone" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

When is the HTC one due to go on sale here? I may upgrade to it. Had a look at Sony xperia z but didn't like the feel of it in my hand.

• Advertisement

Release date for the one is up in the air right now, I'm sure it'll be clarified in the next few day, hopefully before April tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

The HTC One should be available in most shops by Friday the 15th March. Meteor has confirmed it will be stock by Friday but no pricing confirmed just yet.

I'm really looking forward to this phone and I'm in need of a serious upgrade as my current phone is 4 years old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

The HTC One should be available in most shops by Friday the 15th March. Meteor has confirmed it will be stock by Friday but no pricing confirmed just yet.

I'm really looking forward to this phone and I'm in need of a serious upgrade as my current phone is 4 years old!!

Who did you get the confirmation from? Was it a store or by calling meteor?

Who did you get the confirmation from? Was it a store or by calling meteor?
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056882189 Colm from Meteor confirmed at post #10.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056882189 Colm from Meteor confirmed at post #10.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply, hopefully not affected by the stock shortage so.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply, hopefully not affected by the stock shortage so.
    Thats the main worry alright but Meteor are fairly confident they will have enough to satisfy demand by Friday.

Thats the main worry alright but Meteor are fairly confident they will have enough to satisfy demand by Friday.

Great, hope so.

Wonder do you have a choice of colour?

Great, hope so.

Wonder do you have a choice of colour?
    I've just asked Meteor to see if the delays are going to affect them stocking it by 15th so should get an answer by tomorrow.

My choice of colour would be black as it adds a stylish feeling to it.

I've just asked Meteor to see if the delays are going to affect them stocking it by 15th so should get an answer by tomorrow.

My choice of colour would be black as it adds a stylish feeling to it.

I have seen on the net that the only place not affected is O2 Germany. Good chance that it will be April :(

I have only seen a dummy of the silver one instore and I liked it. Black does seem nice from the pr shots though.

I have seen on the net that the only place not affected is O2 Germany. Good chance that it will be April :(

I have only seen a dummy of the silver one instore and I liked it. Black does seem nice from the pr shots though.
    Aye it's looking like for those who had pre-ordered will be getting it by the end of march and a rollout will be in April so the waiting game continues..

Source - http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/HTC/HTC-One-coming-soon-to-Meteor/td-p/88628/page/2 Last post.

• Advertisement

Aye it's looking like for those who had pre-ordered will be getting it by the end of march and a rollout will be in April so the waiting game continues..

Source - http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/HTC/HTC-One-coming-soon-to-Meteor/td-p/88628/page/2 Last post.

Few more weeks to save so...

Reviews are rolling in and very positive so far :)

Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/12/htc-one-review/

beno619 wrote: »
    Reviews are rolling in and very positive so far :)

Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/12/htc-one-review/
    Aye I saw that and from reading a couple of reviews everything seems to be very positive. I wish it wasn't delayed :(

Aye I saw that and from reading a couple of reviews everything seems to be very positive. I wish it wasn't delayed :(

Apparently some of the people from the UK who pre-ordered are receiving them today !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

After reading that I kind of want it but I really have no need for it since I have the One x on a custom rom.

Got a text from meteor today that I can upgrade on my phone. Unless anyone in the family wants my phone, I'll hold off for another year I think but this the One certainly looks the nicest phone of the lot so far.

Apparently some of the people from the UK who pre-ordered are receiving them today !
    Really? they must be thrilled.

Really? they must be thrilled.

Well it might mean shortages arnt as bad as 1st though?

Well it might mean shortages arnt as bad as 1st though?
    They must of manufactured the pre-orders for the big markets like UK and Germany first before they annoucned the delay of the other stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Great review from Gizmodo. Also the timing of the reviews coming in for the HTC One is great marketing and may put a pin prick into Samsungs marketing bubble (and what a bubble). Couldn't be better. Some were saying HTC had a ban of sorts on review till now but not sure how that could be the case.

http://gizmodo.com/5990716/htc-one-review-the-beauty-is-a-beast

As for the S4 there is a preliminary overview side by side to the One review on the main page and in spite of the great technology involved its not exactly glowing of the S4. After 5 years with iphones, 2g, 3gs, 4 (I haven't seen a compelling reason to get a 4s or 5) the HTC One is the one to make me a switcher. Had an S2 & galaxy Tab 10.1 before but sold them as they felt cheap and 'beta' but the HTC One looks like the complete package.

Anyone know where to get a 64gb model, 32gb is a bit too small for me.

• Advertisement

Great review from Gizmodo. Also the timing of the reviews coming in for the HTC One is great marketing and may put a pin prick into Samsungs marketing bubble (and what a bubble). Couldn't be better. Some were saying HTC had a ban of sorts on review till now but not sure how that could be the case.

http://gizmodo.com/5990716/htc-one-review-the-beauty-is-a-beast

As for the S4 there is a preliminary overview side by side to the One review on the main page and in spite of the great technology involved its not exactly glowing of the S4. After 5 years with iphones, 2g, 3gs, 4 (I haven't seen a compelling reason to get a 4s or 5) the HTC One is the one to make me a switcher. Had an S2 & galaxy Tab 10.1 before but sold them as they felt cheap and 'beta' but the HTC One looks like the complete package.

Anyone know where to get a 64gb model, 32gb is a bit too small for me.

Dont think the 64gb will be out for a while, sounds like the initial stock is just going to be 32gb.

Has the retail price been mentioned anywhere yet? With the exchange rate to the pound in our favour at the moment, I'm contemplating ordering it from a UK site. Will be my 4th phone in the last year though....my girlfriend is gonna kill me :D

Advertisement