Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options
1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

The HTC M8s is free at the moment from tesco on a 30pm plan or 450 prepay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Is 170-200 seriously the going rate for m7s on donedeal?

I dropped enough weight on my mine to embed some of the internals in the back cover and as such am very sad, looking for a replacement isn't attenuating it.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Hi guys,
    Have an HTC One M8 running Android 6.0. I think this issue has only occurred since it auto updated to 6.0.

At night I'll turn off wifi and data but will still be woke by messages coming through. Viber messages or emails etc. I don't know if this is a system setting or an app, has any one encountered this?

Losing sleep over it...literally :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Hi guys,
    Have an HTC One M8 running Android 6.0. I think this issue has only occurred since it auto updated to 6.0.

At night I'll turn off wifi and data but will still be woke by messages coming through. Viber messages or emails etc. I don't know if this is a system setting or an app, has any one encountered this?

There is a setting under locations to allow your phone to access the wifi even if it's off. It's under the location settings. Could possibly be under your google account settings though. Cant remember. Might be allowing that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

There is a setting under locations to allow your phone to access the wifi even if it's off. It's under the location settings. Could possibly be under your google account settings though. Cant remember. Might be allowing that to happen.

Crap. Nah, not that. That's turned off. Thank you though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hi guys,

DND - Do Not Disturb. Should be on the pull down menu. Knocks off the sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017QV8D2C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

bought this charger for my htc one m9 and its ok. charged from 49% to 66% in about 10 mins aprox.

Im not happy about my m9 battery so a fast charger does help.

would i better to use fast charger for all my charges or vary and use the charger i got with my phone sometimes ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017QV8D2C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

bought this charger for my htc one m9 and its ok. charged from 49% to 66% in about 10 mins aprox.

would i better to use fast charger for all my charges or vary and use the charger i got with my phone sometimes ???

If you're worried about the longevity of your battery, then I would say avoid using your phone while quick charging. Pretty sure HTC disabled quick charging when using the phone a couple of firmware versions ago anyway.

Standard charger if charging overnight is fine, just use the quick one for topups when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

hi guys,

I have an m7 and bought an m8 there today.

Has anyone tried to move data from one phone to the other?.... or have a guide on how to do it?

jobless wrote: »
    hi guys,

I have an m7 and bought an m8 there today.

Has anyone tried to move data from one phone to the other?.... or have a guide on how to do it?

In your main settings menu > get content from another phone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PTH2009 wrote: »

pick this up aswell, charging takes bloody ages!

pick this up aswell, charging takes bloody ages!

With M9? HTC changed quick charging so it doesn't work with screen on, I believe. Try not to use your phone while charging, or even turn your phone off while quick charging.

There was one base that was released where quick charging was dodgy. A reboot normally made it work properly.

Edit: just realised you probably meant before you got the quick charger :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep should be arriving Tuesday. No issue not using it for a bit aslong as it gets a decent charge

my htc will now only charge using the fast charger, any ideas on how i can fix it?

my htc will now only charge using the fast charger, any ideas on how i can fix it?

Nothing is wrong with the standard charger? Nothing is wrong with the cables? Does it charge while turned off?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Nothing is wrong with the standard charger? Nothing is wrong with the cables? Does it charge while turned off?

Phone and charger are brand new, I have another non htc charger and cable and they don't work either and both of those charge a galaxy tab

Phone and charger are brand new, I have another non htc charger and cable and they don't work either and both of those charge a galaxy tab

If it's brand new and doesn't charge with the charger that came with it, just return it to where you bought it for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

My HTC m8 is stuck on 4.4.4 (kitkat). It won't update ota and the manual update keeps crashing. Anyone have any idea what is wrong. It's an insurance replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

My rooted HTC one M7 is at the present time in an endless cycle of rebooting.The SuperUser Binary requires updating?

Advertisement