Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I think I'll be buying the One over the S4 as I feel the build quality and features have sold it to me. HTC One will be my Android purchase for this year and if you get the S4 over HTC One then you still have a great Android phone no doubt but it's all down to taste now.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Technobuffalo review very very positive. Really hope this is out here on the 29th,

http://www.technobuffalo.com/reviews/htc-one-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

:D

alanzo27 wrote: »
    :D
    I don't see anything about pre-orders on my service provider's website just yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Can anybody clarify this for me. On the link below it says that the model does not have 4G. Is there a non 4G model?

http://www.expansys.ie/htc-one-uk-32gb-silver-246667/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

The international version has no LTE I think ... 4g for the US model

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

ftm2008 wrote: »

I would wait till the networks get the phone, most of them will have some sort of operation 4g network by the summer, so I'm assuming they will be selling LTE enabled devices..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ShaneU wrote: »
    Voted world's best phone on techradar

I've seen 2 mainstream reviewers that say it's the best phone they've ever used. I haven't seen people so caught up with a handset since the original iPhones. Placing my preorder now. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'm still caught in 2 minds. I really do want the phone but the battery is the big thing for me. And it's not as if there's anything wrong with the One-X.....decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement

It has a bigger battery than the One X though. I presume some of that will be taken up with servicing the extra CPU, but I wouldn't have thought it would be that much; have you seen reports of issues with battery life, and if so where?

(Order placed anyway! :))

dahamsta wrote: »
    It has a bigger battery than the One X though. I presume some of that will be taken up with servicing the extra CPU, but I wouldn't have thought it would be that much; have you seen reports of issues with battery life, and if so where?

Battery life isn't as much of an improvement over the one x as I hoped. Some people saying is good, others not so good. In any case it should last the day no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

ftm2008 wrote: »

According to the clove website the one is LTE enabled.

http://www.clove.co.uk/htc-one

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Can anyone clear this up for me. I'm looking to get the 64gb version and HTC are launching the Developer Edition in the US but I just have no idea if this is usable over here. It says it supports GSM frequencies but will I be able to use 3g etc with this. I'm on emobile and I reckon they won't be stocking a 64gb version and sim free this works out at €500 which seems like a great price.

http://blog.htc.com/2013/03/htc-one-developer-edition/

Can anyone clear this up for me. I'm looking to get the 64gb version and HTC are launching the Developer Edition in the US but I just have no idea if this is usable over here. It says it supports GSM frequencies but will I be able to use 3g etc with this. I'm on emobile and I reckon they won't be stocking a 64gb version and sim free this works out at €500 which seems like a great price.

http://blog.htc.com/2013/03/htc-one-developer-edition/

I would say there is a very limited supply of the developers edition, and you probably couldn't get your hands on it if you tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

dahamsta wrote: »

The snapdragon 600 should be far more efficient than the tegra 3 on the X, it's all those extra pixels that will be the issue. Battery on my One x has become fairly ****e for me in the last month, I'm sure I was a rogue app update but it managed to last 4 hours one day last week with moderate use. Everything I've read about the one has me expecting similar - normal - battery life as to what I've been getting all along.

Really hated the on screen menu button when the X launched, so the return to that is the major turn off. On the other hand I've always found the X's speakers to be woeful, whereas the One's are meant to superb. All in all I can't say there's a good reason for me to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I'm torn between this and the Xperia Z- can anyone offer any advice? To me they are both very good phones!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Misticles wrote: »
    I'm torn between this and the Xperia Z- can anyone offer any advice? To me they are both very good phones!

Youre genuinely at 6 of 1, half dozen of the other with them. The One is probably slightly better overall but unless you get a play with them you wouldnt know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Chinpool wrote: »

Youre genuinely at 6 of 1, half dozen of the other with them. The One is probably slightly better overall but unless you get a play with them you wouldnt know.

I see... I think the Xperia Z is easier on the eye but fractionally. I suppose the cost will be a factor, right now it's 99 to get the z ok three with bill pay.

Misticles wrote: »

Taken from xda developers:

Xperia Z

Thinner
    Bigger Screen
    Water Proof
    Dust Proof
    Multitasking Button
    microSD, up to 32 GB
    DragonTrail Glass
    13MP Camera

HTC one

IR Blaster
    Higher PPI (469)
    Stereo Speakers
    UltraPixel Sensor
    Built-in Amplifier
    Optical Image Stabilization
    HDR Front Camera
    Snapdragon 600
    Metal Exterior
    Viewing Angles
    Contrast
    Sunlight Visiblity

To me the One wins out, but wait until the One comes out, go have a good look at both, and base your decision on which one makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

The HTC One beats any other smartphone, I'm in London tomorrow hoping to get it in phones4u SIM free

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

jonnny68 wrote: »
    The HTC One beats any other smartphone, I'm in London tomorrow hoping to get it in phones4u SIM free

They aren't in shops yet I believe.

5starpool wrote: »
    They aren't in shops yet I believe.
    Aye, they are not in shops until 29th which is Friday coming.

I'm looking forward to finally getting this phone in my hand and this will be my first decent smartphone as I currently have an Sony XPERIA which is extremely outdated :P.

It is rumoured that HTC One will have the Android 2.2 Jelly Bean update within 2 months. http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/03/23/htc-one-could-update-to-jelly-bean-4-2-2-within-2-months/

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    It is rumoured that HTC One will have the Android 2.2 Jelly Bean update within 2 months. http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/03/23/htc-one-could-update-to-jelly-bean-4-2-2-within-2-months/
    I love the look of the One and am very tempted by it but having a Gnex it's great to have the most up to date OS.. Having had a HTC I hated the waiting and don't believe the update timeframe until I see it..OK you have custom ROMS.. Though reading all the reviews the One looks to be the phone for now ahead of the S4 IMO... still gonna wait for Google I/O but feeling there may be no phone or Android update announced as it's not the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The option not to turn off Blinkfeed could become annoying.

keano_afc wrote: »
    The option not to turn off Blinkfeed could become annoying.
    I agree.. Would a launcher break that?.. plus the button placement.. not a fan.. But there are a lot of pros that are hard to turn away from.. Must admit though it's prob the best looking phone that I have seen

Reviews I saw said the home screen could be as normal?

Yeah, you can. At worst you can use a custom launcher such as Nova.

Regarding Blinkfeed, just deselecting all of the feeds essentially deactivates it.

After much umming and ahhing I've decided I'm gonna sell my Note 2 and get the One....any takers? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Basil3 wrote: »
    Regarding Blinkfeed, just deselecting all of the feeds essentially deactivates it.

Can it just be moved to another screen? i.e. it doesn't have to be your first home screen

Advertisement