Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

the verge review - http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/3/11/4086390/htc-one-review

meh, I'd wait for the s4 reviews. the Sony z gets a lower score on the verge than the one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

kaimera wrote: »
    the verge review - http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/3/11/4086390/htc-one-review

meh, I'd wait for the s4 reviews. the Sony z gets a lower score on the verge than the one

I wouldn't base any purchasing decisions on a review from iVerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

talla wrote: »
    My ship date is still the 28th with Amazon. The item that has slipped to April 12th is not supplied by amazon, its supplied by "Ur Mobile", actual option to purchase / pre-order direct from Amazon is not listed on the site currently....well thats what I'm currently trying to convince myself at the moment :D

And just got the email from Amazon confirming the delay until April 12th...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cancelling. Screw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Cnet couldn't even get a brand new one to do an unboxing I see as well. These babies are gonna be very rare it seams! Another android phone that will fail to meet demand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

I was sure i was going to get the Samsung S4 having had the S2 for the last two years and the HTC legend before that but the HTC ONE just looks too good. I know the S4 is more powerful but i love the look of the HTC so reckon thats the direction i'll go.

Is there any idea of pricing? i'm toying with the idea of buying sim free (i got my contract down to a sim only rolling contract for only 20euro with three and dont fancy bumping it up again to 60 a month for 18 months ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Its showing up now for billpay customers on Meteor !
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/htc-one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

So it looks like €600 is the price sim free....

Just got my notification email from 3 to say it's available as well

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

thanks Beno619....i think it does!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Sorry for what may be a newbie question but Im on bill pay with meteor and have the HTC one (utterly excellent phone BTW) but Im on contract til Nov this year. Do ye reckon they will allow me to upgrade handset with them? Any news on pricing if so?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not if its November. One or two months away max, but not that many :(

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

I've taken the plunge and went on contract with Three. Hopefully I will have no problems, I've heard horror stories in regards to their business practices and customer care, especially some of the stuff here on Boards. :/

A Vodafone representative has now confirmed they will be selling it from this Friday. Now if only someone will buy my Note 2......

Basil3 wrote: »
    So it looks like €600 is the price sim free....

Just got my notification email from 3 to say it's available as well

Where did you see the SIM free price? 600 isn't far off what it's going for in the UK

dahamsta wrote: »
    Where did you see the SIM free price? 600 isn't far off what it's going for in the UK

Just under their prepay phones, down the bottom. Think you have to buy €20 sim with it though.

PTf1FuW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

I'm required to pay a deposit before the order is complete, but I won't have enough funds till tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Just under their prepay phones, down the bottom. Think you have to buy €20 sim with it though.

PTf1FuW.jpg
    I still can't see sim free? I looked there and can't find it

leemaree wrote: »
    I still can't see sim free? I looked there and can't find it

Shop > Prepay > scroll to bottom

http://www.three.ie/online/shop/DeviceListing.aspx?tf=PrePay&p=voice

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Are all three phones SIM free?

• Advertisement

I was told by people in the 3 store that the phone would be locked to their network when I enquired about buying. I don't know for sure if it is though, a lot of networks say that they lock the phone when they don't bother.

I know my One X wasn't network locked (on another network) even though they said it was locked when I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

I was told by people in the 3 store that the phone would be locked to their network when I enquired about buying. I don't know for sure if it is though, a lot of networks say that they lock the phone when they don't bother.

I know my One X wasn't network locked (on another network) even though they said it was locked when I bought it.

Cool thanks for the reply.

Thanks Basil3.

Do they have any stock though, that's the question...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

In the past the first batch of phones released have generally been unlocked. The later batches are normally locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

SteM wrote: »

In the past the first batch of phones released have generally been unlocked. The later batches are normally locked.

I got an s3 on release day and it was unlocked.

I went there earlier but it doesn't say anything bout sim-free?

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    I got an s3 on release day and it was unlocked.
    Mine was unlocked too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Is the phone already out yet? I read on HTC's website that it's going to be released this Friday.

I can't imagine there would be a huge amount of preorders in so I'm hoping to pick it up on vodafone pre pay and then look into 48 as it looks like a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Does what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

??????

Advertisement