Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Im with o2 and nothing so far.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm on Vodafone and got it a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I upgraded my One S to JB yesterday, its unbranded and unlocked, I'm on o2.
    Since I upgraded I cant use my wifi connection anymore :(
    It says its connected in the settings screen the wifi symbol shows up and has full bars but I can't view any websites or use my email or playstore. I have turned the phone off and on again, forgotten the wifi network and reconnected it, I also used the 'wps' option on the phone and router but still no joy.
    The mobile internet works fine though, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Anyone with the One X on 3 manage to upgrade to JB with Sense 4+ yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anyone with the One X on 3 manage to upgrade to JB with Sense 4+ yet?

3 sent the update back to HTC after screwing around with the radio software apparently
    Big thread on xda about 3 CID handsets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I upgraded my One S to JB yesterday, its unbranded and unlocked, I'm on o2.
    Since I upgraded I cant use my wifi connection anymore :(
    It says its connected in the settings screen the wifi symbol shows up and has full bars but I can't view any websites or use my email or playstore. I have turned the phone off and on again, forgotten the wifi network and reconnected it, I also used the 'wps' option on the phone and router but still no joy.
    The mobile internet works fine though, any suggestions?

Try doing a factory reset. Seems to solve many of the problems that people have had following this upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Quick note, has anyone found these easy to sell on? I sure as hell haven't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Dubhaltach wrote: »

There is a few on adverts (as i'm considering getting one myself) and they seem to sell without too much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I think the problems is, while its a good phone people are being swayed by the s3 as as an all rounder its a better phone imo. I wound up keeping my one x while the s3 sold no problem at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm over in Germany for Xmas with herself.
    My simfree 4.0.4 One S, currently on Three, went into a reboot cycle and I had to do a factory reset. Got it onto wifi in Starbucks to restore my data and got the 4.1.1 update. All went well. Back in Ireland tonight so should be able to test it out properly.

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »
    There is a few on adverts (as i'm considering getting one myself) and they seem to sell without too much hassle

One of those being mine ;) It's odd, I haven't really got any offers except for swaps :mad:
    I think the problems is, while its a good phone people are being swayed by the s3 as as an all rounder its a better phone imo. I wound up keeping my one x while the s3 sold no problem at all.

This. I'm trying to push the whole tegra is good for gaming, but it's still odd that on ebay I can't get rid of one for 330, it really shows how the s3 has beaten it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just bought one of these, the official HTC One X Dock, got it for 47Euro, anybody else used one?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/120965655604?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3069wt_1397

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no, but i've got one of these battery packs that uses the pogo pins on the back of the phone and it works a treat charging it, i'm never in the same place long enough for a cradle to be worth it for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I think that is more down to bettr markteting by Samsung than anything else

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just for fun I ran quadrant on my One S, which always appears to punch above it's weight due to the lower resolution screen. I don't have a screen shot saved for 4.0.4 but from memory it was just ahead of the One X, as seen in the online database. What's interesting if the effect of the new power saver, not to mention the crazy high score without it.

234518.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I think that is more down to bettr markteting by Samsung than anything else

I'm sure there is an element of that also. But the far better battery life, sd slot and removable battery make life a lot easier. I had my one x full within a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

O2 finally seem to have gotten the thumb out about JB for the One X. I'm downloading software update 3.14.206.27 right now, which described itself as 4.1 with Sense 4+.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tainor

I was wondering does anyone know when the Jelly Bean update 4.1 will come on HTC ONE X on Three "3" ?

I have been waiting patiently, but this is ridiculous, Android 4.1 has been out since end of June 2012, and there is even 4.2 Jelly Bean out since October? Yet we are awaiting an update from June 2012 in Jan 2013, this is absurd!

God knows what's going to happen when Google releases Key Lime Pie "5.0" Android in the future, could be 1 year later on our devices or if at all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Tainor wrote: »
    I was wondering does anyone know when the Jelly Bean update 4.1 will come on HTC ONE X on Three "3" ?

I have been waiting patiently, but this is ridiculous, Android 4.1 has been out since end of June 2012, and there is even 4.2 Jelly Bean out since October? Yet we are awaiting an update from June 2012 in Jan 2013, this is absurd!

God knows what's going to happen when Google releases Key Lime Pie "5.0" Android in the future, could be 1 year later on our devices or if at all :/

4.1 is available for the one x, but your carrier refuse to release it

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Bluefoam wrote: »

Why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Why did they have to change the connectivity between PC and the One X? Was simple before, just like an external hard drive, but now while it looks similar, the overall functionality of it is a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Havent got anything on o2 yet for the one s.

mono_mac wrote: »
    Why

Testing it on their network. I.E crap about loading bloatware, chaning CID and rereleasing :)

I know that, was wondering how long it will take on 3 to release it, but even by HTC standards it takes a long time for the SIM-free phones to be updated compared to other companies like Samsung for example, who were more inclined to update all of their line-up with JB as soon as possible.

I was hoping someone from Three might be able to let us know if there is something scheduled for release, or even a release date at best!

I know that, was wondering how long it will take on 3 to release it, but even by HTC standards it takes a long time for the SIM-free phones to be updated compared to other companies like Samsung for example, who were more inclined to update all of their line-up with JB as soon as possible.

I was hoping someone from Three might be able to let us know if there is something scheduled for release, or even a release date at best!

With o2 it was always that they were several weeks after the HTC_001 release. Maybe ask on the talk to 3 forum?

With o2 it was always that they were several weeks after the HTC_001 release. Maybe ask on the talk to 3 forum?

Thanks mate, I will do :) I was looking for the 3 forum for some time, but with this new updated look of the Boards it's kind hard for me to find stuff at times :D

Thanks mate, I will do :) I was looking for the 3 forum for some time, but with this new updated look of the Boards it's kind hard for me to find stuff at times :D

It's fine I see you're not on here much anyway. Anyway here's the three forumhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I know that, was wondering how long it will take tto release it, but even by HTC standards it takes a long time for the SIM-free phones to be updated compared to other companies like Samsung for example, who were more inclined to update all of their line-up with JB as soon as possible.

HTC are in fact the fastest to update their firmwares to the latest android OS.

As for how long it will take for 3 to update the firmware... who knows, they add ****e to the OS and sometimes don't even allow updates that are available... you could try contacting them, but I doubt you'll get anything more than some corporate drivel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

HTC are in fact the fastest to update their firmwares to the latest android OS.

Actually Google and their partners are.

Pedantry aside though, HTC are hardly fast with updates. This rollout in particular was farcical, even to non-network handsets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How easy is it to go from a custom JB rom to the stock rom?

Advertisement