Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saadyst wrote: »
    Saw this on the HTC One X thread on XDA, in order to get the JB OTA now:

All you have to do is download:
    http://d-h.st/XsN
    Unzip them
    Install both APKS
    Restart Phone
    Check for update.

Certainly worked for me anyway, downloading the update now.

Wonderful. Just have to charge the phone for a bit. Finally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Kxiii wrote: »
    Got it working on Unbranded One X. Looks like the carousel home screen is back. I'm glad it is, as it was a pain in ass having to swipe all the way from left to right.I do like the blue accents through out the menu looks much better the green.

Still don't see much use for google now as the speak back doesn't seem to want to answer my questions.

You may need to change your language to English UK or US to get Google search to talk back.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

beno619 wrote: »
    You may need to change your language to English UK or US to get Google search to talk back.

Had the same issue on Motorola Xoom running JB, It'll answer some questions but most of the time it just displays cards.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't like the way they've changed the order of the notifications in the pull down menu. For me the new ones appear in the top middle, not at the bottom like before. Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

gavinjc wrote: »
    I just got mine back from repair from Meteor. Left it with them on the 3rd and came back in today. New logic board installed. It went to these guys

Fónfix
    http://www.mprc.ie/

Small update on this - my phone came back working, until I realised it came back with the WiFi problem that has plagued many other handsets but wasn't on my handset before it went away. This is the problem where you have to squeeze the phone in order to get a decent wifi and bluetooth connection. Very visible using Wifi Analyser. Sending it back again after Christmas. Very disappointing service from Fónfix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Small update on this - my phone came back working, until I realised it came back with the WiFi problem that has plagued many other handsets but wasn't on my handset before it went away. This is the problem where you have to squeeze the phone in order to get a decent wifi and bluetooth connection. Very visible using Wifi Analyser. Sending it back again after Christmas. Very disappointing service from Fónfix

I sent mine to HTC directly in the UK to get this fixed....all sorted and had phone back exactly a week later

Working grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

wardie101 wrote: »
    I sent mine to HTC directly in the UK to get this fixed....all sorted and had phone back exactly a week later

Working grand now

Hi, How do you go about doing that? Sounds like a better idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anyone having trouble with Exchange on JB? I deleted my Zimbra accounts to see if it'd - finally - sync calendars again and now the damned thing won't let me add them again.

Hi, How do you go about doing that? Sounds like a better idea.

Just get on to HTC (they have a chat option on their site) and they arrange it to be picked up and delivered back...you can also track it on their site

Have ran the jellybean update but have an issue now if any one has any ideas ??

All downloaded and installed fine to an unrroted One X....phone restarted and asked me for sim unlock code....entered as normal and then the pin unlock box came up ...... however the touch pad is not there to enter any values !!!

Can click on emergency dialer and the touchpad reappears but going back just brings up the pin unlock code again with no way to enter the unlock code

Can recive calls and hear emails coming in but cant get onto the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Sorry to hear that wardie. I hope you get it sorted.

JB installed for me without a problem.

After playing around with it a bit more today I noticed that the Digital clock I had on my lock screen and the glass style calculator have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭ooter

Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread,my phone went off the other night and I haven't been able to turn it on since.when I connect the charger a red light keeps flashing.does anyone know what the problem might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

wardie101 wrote: »
    Have ran the jellybean update but have an issue now if any one has any ideas ??

All downloaded and installed fine to an unrroted One X....phone restarted and asked me for sim unlock code....entered as normal and then the pin unlock box came up ...... however the touch pad is not there to enter any values !!!

Can click on emergency dialer and the touchpad reappears but going back just brings up the pin unlock code again with no way to enter the unlock code

Can recive calls and hear emails coming in but cant get onto the phone

At the risk of sounding like a smarta$$, did you try turning it off and back on again??
    Seriously, this 'can' work!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

For those updated to Jelly Bean is it true when you connect phone to PC you no longer get the simple "Charge only" "Mount as Disk Drive" option?

Notice the phone being any quicker?

flugel wrote: »
    For those updated to Jelly Bean is it true when you connect phone to PC you no longer get the simple "Charge only" "Mount as Disk Drive" option?

Noticed the lack of those options today. Can't say I have noticed any change in speed though.

Didn't notice it really any quicker, but just ran a Quadrant test and got a score of 6434 which is a bit higher than I've gotten before. 61..?

There's a few changes to the gallery. You can now see your pictures by events or dates.

Kxiii wrote: »

Didn't notice it really any quicker, but just ran a Quadrant test and got a score of 6434 which is a bit higher than I've gotten before. 61..?

There's a few changes to the gallery. You can now see your pictures by events or dates.

How does one transfer files to the phone from PC now? Is it by using some HTC software or something? Drag and drop so easy!

How does one transfer files to the phone from PC now? Is it by using some HTC software or something? Drag and drop so easy!

Drag and drop still works

lertsnim wrote: »

Drag and drop still works

Cheers, read that with the Jelly Bean update it had switched to MTP transferring and I haven't a clue what that is!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got a 1.25mb update on the phone today, without actually manually installing it. Was thinking 'ooh, they released the update' but it doesn't seem like anything has changed at all.

Did anyone else get a different update on Three this morning? Says it's android 4.0.4 now, so it definitely wasn't JB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Lads how do i go back to stock rom so i can get the update.

I'm on JB CM10 but from what I can see I need to be on ICS to go back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I panicked at this part also, but....It now does both at the same time. When you connect you SHOULD now see a "HTC ONE X" folder as "portable devices" in your file manger screen. Hope this makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Kiith wrote: »
    I got a 1.25mb update on the phone today, without actually manually installing it. Was thinking 'ooh, they released the update' but it doesn't seem like anything has changed at all.

Did anyone else get a different update on Three this morning? Says it's android 4.0.4 now, so it definitely wasn't JB.

same but I did a manual check after and 4.1.1 was waiting to be downloaded.

Edit: this was meteor

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I panicked at this part also, but....It now does both at the same time. When you connect you SHOULD now see a "HTC ONE X" folder as "portable devices" in your file manger screen. Hope this makes sense?

Ah, so the phone no longer shows "Charge only" "Mount as Disk Drive" but when you look under My Computer on your PC the phone's storage is there to drag and drop? If so sounds straight forward! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

CoderDozer wrote: »
    same but I did a manual check after and 4.1.1 was waiting to be downloaded.

Edit: this was meteor

Did the same and 4.1.1 is now downloading.
    I'm with 3, but the phone was bought seperately.

Pique wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a smarta$$, did you try turning it off and back on again??
    Seriously, this 'can' work!

Lol...yes tried a few times...got it into the recovery mode too (volume down and power on) and tried a reboot after wiping the partition but still the same.

Ended up having to factory reset from that screen !!

I had only sent it across 3 weeks ago to HTC to fix the wireless issue so had most stuff backed up.

After the reset, it now has jelly bean and working fine !!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

My one X is on Vodafone and I got a wee update, 1.25 MB yesterday, installed that, then a manual check and got the jellybean update.

However the back of my phone, near the lens, got VERY hot while applying the update.
    The update went in fine, however I am noticing that the battery is crap now :(. Did a full restart after the update yesterday and it was still crap

Today, after a full charge last night it went down to 39% after 3.5 hours usage, light bit of internet, few songs on the MP3 player, nothing different to normal.

Battery totally died around 3pm, and the phone was just sitting in my pocket for the majority of the time :mad:
    Normally lasts the day.

Anyone else notice this kind of issue?

Also I went to check the "screen on" time on the power app, but couldn't see it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

ooter wrote: »
    Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread,my phone went off the other night and I haven't been able to turn it on since.when I connect the charger a red light keeps flashing.does anyone know what the problem might be?

Critical battery level. Plug it into a good charger and wait a few hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭ooter

Dubhaltach wrote: »

Critical battery level. Plug it into a good charger and wait a few hours
    Thanks,I'll give that a go.
    Funny enough I've been using a different (non HTC) charger lately..

Advertisement