Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Got Jelly Bean too, Unbranded on Three!

Very fluid, some more options in Pictures, haven't had a alot of time to play around.

Boot up time halved I'd say!

Quadrant score now at : 6k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I am finding the power saver option to an absolute god send

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

lertsnim wrote: »

Are you using it constantly? How much life are you getting out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

mik_da_man wrote: »
    My one X is on Vodafone and I got a wee update, 1.25 MB yesterday, installed that, then a manual check and got the jellybean update.

However the back of my phone, near the lens, got VERY hot while applying the update.
    The update went in fine, however I am noticing that the battery is crap now :(. Did a full restart after the update yesterday and it was still crap

Today, after a full charge last night it went down to 39% after 3.5 hours usage, light bit of internet, few songs on the MP3 player, nothing different to normal.

Battery totally died around 3pm, and the phone was just sitting in my pocket for the majority of the time :mad:
    Normally lasts the day.

Anyone else notice this kind of issue?

Also I went to check the "screen on" time on the power app, but couldn't see it....

That's not good.
    My battery got used up fairly badly today too, but i put it down to the JB download and install.

Will see tomorrow if I get the usual usage out of it.

lertsnim wrote: »

Seems to be the same type of thing as JuiceDefender (kill vibrate, kill 3G & WiFi when locked, Dim Screen etc.)

I used JuiceDefender and found it to be pretty good, but the killing connections when locked sucked as when I unlocked it, I would have to wait for all my emails to come through and IMO/Skype and Viber were rendered useless.

Not sure if I will have to go back to the Advanced Task Killer days if the battery has suffered on JB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

mik_da_man wrote: »
    My one X is on Vodafone and I got a wee update, 1.25 MB yesterday, installed that, then a manual check and got the jellybean update.

However the back of my phone, near the lens, got VERY hot while applying the update.
    The update went in fine, however I am noticing that the battery is crap now :(. Did a full restart after the update yesterday and it was still crap

Today, after a full charge last night it went down to 39% after 3.5 hours usage, light bit of internet, few songs on the MP3 player, nothing different to normal.

Battery totally died around 3pm, and the phone was just sitting in my pocket for the majority of the time :mad:
    Normally lasts the day.

Anyone else notice this kind of issue?

Also I went to check the "screen on" time on the power app, but couldn't see it....

I only got the one x from amazon on Monday and upgraded straight away to Jelly Bean so can't comment n what the battery life was on ICS.
    I'm finding the battery life awful.

Unplugged the phone at 7am yesterday, it was in my pocket for most of the day yesterday, I'd use it for 5 minutes every hour or so just to check news, gmail, google reader feeds. No calls or texts yesterday, phone was completely dead by 7pm.

I have a GS3 and battery is usually at 60% in the evening.
    The only background services I have running are exchange active synch(set to poll every hour when I'm in the office), a google reader client and viber.

It was dead by 5.30 today (although I was listening to about 2.5 hrs of podcasts today).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Are you using it constantly? How much life are you getting out of it?

Day and a half. 50% improvement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Heh, apparently this update brought the ability to type swype style! Pretty good!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

talla wrote: »

I only got the one x from amazon on Monday and upgraded straight away to Jelly Bean so can't comment n what the battery life was on ICS.
    I'm finding the battery life awful.

Unplugged the phone at 7am yesterday, it was in my pocket for most of the day yesterday, I'd use it for 5 minutes every hour or so just to check news, gmail, google reader feeds. No calls or texts yesterday, phone was completely dead by 7pm.

I have a GS3 and battery is usually at 60% in the evening.
    The only background services I have running are exchange active synch(set to poll every hour when I'm in the office), a google reader client and viber.

It was dead by 5.30 today (although I was listening to about 2.5 hrs of podcasts today).

Sounds quite like mine tbh.
    I have juice defender installed and it's not helping, might give the stock battery saver a go and remove juice defender....

Must have a closer look at the apps using battery to see if something I have doesn't play well with JB.
    Didn't cop anything earlier though..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Heh, apparently this update brought the ability to type swype style! Pretty good!

Was there before, you just had to enable it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So google voice is no longer working. Downloaded English GB and tried selecting a few other options but it's not listening to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Three unlocked, downloaded Jelly Bean last night

Phone I'd have to say is snappier. No issues discovered with the update yet. Took phone off charge this morning, just over 50 percent now with regular use, was getting 3.5 to 4 hours screen on time with ICS going by the phones screen on time state, found that figures produced by GASM Battery app always were different, telling me screen time on is only an hour but would think I've used it more than that so far.

I'm really disliking JB to be honest. Yes it's smoother, but I've got all sorts of fiddly things screwing that up. The calendar defaults to PC Sync every time you want to add something, for example, and it steadfastly refuses to add an Exchange account. Seriously thinking of reverting.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

dahamsta wrote: »
    I'm really disliking JB to be honest. Yes it's smoother, but I've got all sorts of fiddly things screwing that up. The calendar defaults to PC Sync every time you want to add something, for example, and it steadfastly refuses to add an Exchange account. Seriously thinking of reverting.

What is the problem with exchange, is it showing an error message? Are you trying to connect over Wifi of 3G?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82284005

Haven't tried it over the mobile network, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

dahamsta wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82284005

Haven't tried it over the mobile network, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

You would be surprised. I was setting up two iPhone 5 yesterday and they both refused to connect to the exchange 2010 server over WiFi but did once they went out over 3G.

And in the past I've have seen similar problems with some Samsungs on exchange 2003.

I am surprised, but no go on this occasion unfortunately, doesn't work either way. Might try a factory reset. Will this take me to actual factory spec or JB factory spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Battery gone shocking since update... updated at 8am, battery was on 40% at 11.30am!!! It scraped through the day with some intermittent USB charging. I hope this sorts itself out fairly lively!
    Anyone know if you can bring back the "keyboard in/keyboard out" toggle button that used to be beside the arrow keys on the bottom?

SQ2 wrote: »
    Battery gone shocking since update... updated at 8am, battery was on 40% at 11.30am!!! It scraped through the day with some intermittent USB charging. I hope this sorts itself out fairly lively!
    Anyone know if you can bring back the "keyboard in/keyboard out" toggle button that used to be beside the arrow keys on the bottom?

Mine was muck too during the day of the update but charged it last night an with some pretty heavy downloads over 3g and WiFi, it lasted pretty well.

JB was a big download and the processor was no doubt churning full throttle during the upgrade.

I'll give it a week and see how the thing holds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The loss of the instant mount/charge USB option is very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

anncoates wrote: »
    The loss of the instant mount/charge USB option is very annoying.

That's because it instantly mounts mtp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Pique wrote: »

Mine was muck too during the day of the update but charged it last night an with some pretty heavy downloads over 3g and WiFi, it lasted pretty well.

JB was a big download and the processor was no doubt churning full throttle during the upgrade.

I'll give it a week and see how the thing holds up.

Took à few days but mine is back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Lads, I cracked the digitizer on my HTC One X . Apparently it is very hard to replace the digitizer only so it looks like I have to replace both it and the LCD screen.

I have been quoted a price of 155 from a place in Cork and this is obviously alot of money for me with the risk of ungenuine parts but I've heard it would be alot more to go through HTC themselves.

How did people here go about getting their phone fixed? Would I be foolish to attempt it myself?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

I unlocked my bootloader on my HTC One X recently and today got an automated update from Vodafone - I assume its the JB update. I downloaded it, but when it should have started the installation it went into Clockwork recovery, where I searched for newly downloaded zip file, found it in the \download folder, try to run it, but got an error message that a signature was not recognised and the installation was aborted?
    Any ideas what to do - can I get the same file in some other form from somewhere else, or is there a way to install the current update into my phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

I unlocked my bootloader on my HTC One X recently and today got an automated update from Vodafone - I assume its the JB update. I downloaded it, but when it should have started the installation it went into Clockwork recovery, where I searched for newly downloaded zip file, found it in the \download folder, try to run it, but got an error message that a signature was not recognised and the installation was aborted?
    Any ideas what to do - can I get the same file in some other form from somewhere else, or is there a way to install the current update into my phone?

Stock recovery, grab and flash it :) You can try and turn off signature checks in CWM but you'll still get E: error because of something else :P Try and see though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Lads, I cracked the digitizer on my HTC One X . Apparently it is very hard to replace the digitizer only so it looks like I have to replace both it and the LCD screen.

I have been quoted a price of 155 from a place in Cork and this is obviously alot of money for me with the risk of ungenuine parts but I've heard it would be alot more to go through HTC themselves.

How did people here go about getting their phone fixed? Would I be foolish to attempt it myself?
    Thanks

155 sounds suspiciously cheap to me. There's a lot of poor quality knock off floating around for the one x display. Getting a genuine display seems like something of an ordeal as well and the cost is such that you might as well opt for HTC to fix it. I'd be fairly handy with electronics but wouldn't try to replace the digitizer on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    Stock recovery, grab and flash it :) You can try and turn off signature checks in CWM but you'll still get E: error because of something else :P Try and see though!

Thanks, fairly easy process - have now 4.1.1 Android with 4+ sense - nice Christmas pressie!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Just got another update OTA. 3.14.401.31 - Meteor Unbranded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

155 sounds suspiciously cheap to me. There's a lot of poor quality knock off floating around for the one x display. Getting a genuine display seems like something of an ordeal as well and the cost is such that you might as well opt for HTC to fix it. I'd be fairly handy with electronics but wouldn't try to replace the digitizer on it.

This is their page if anyone wanted to know:

http://repairit.ie/

They have come with some recommendations from people on Boards.

It is supposed to be damn near impossible to seperate the LCD and digitizer it is so heavily glued together.

I could ask them what parts they will be using? Wouldnt want to pay 155 for a cheap alternative now would we!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Has anyone on a branded handset gotten the update yet? Still waiting here on three

Advertisement