Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

does anyone know if htc have a repair center in ireland.my one x is dead and wont turn on:(

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

I just got mine back from repair from Meteor. Left it with them on the 3rd and came back in today. New logic board installed. It went to these guys

Fónfix
    http://www.mprc.ie/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How would i find out if my phone is locked? I'm just wondering if it's possible to bring my phone to Australia in the new year, and get a sim over there. It's a Three One X, but it's not branded in any way that i can see.

Also, if it is locked, would rooting it remove the lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Kiith wrote: »
    How would i find out if my phone is locked? I'm just wondering if it's possible to bring my phone to Australia in the new year, and get a sim over there. It's a Three One X, but it's not branded in any way that i can see.

Also, if it is locked, would rooting it remove the lock?

I got mine from Three on launch day and its unbranded and unlocked. Usually an easy way to tell is if when the phone starts up you get the Three logo instead of the htc logo then its locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Just got an updated version of skygo from the market,now working on my htc one s.

• Advertisement

Kxiii wrote: »
    I got mine from Three on launch day and its unbranded and unlocked. Usually an easy way to tell is if when the phone starts up you get the Three logo instead of the htc logo then its locked.

No Three logo on startup anyway, and no real mention of Three anywhere. Hopefully it's unlocked in that case.

gavinjc wrote: »
    I just got mine back from repair from Meteor. Left it with them on the 3rd and came back in today. New logic board installed. It went to these guys

Fónfix
    http://www.mprc.ie/

cheer's for that i emailed them and they only do vodafone and meteor warranty work.so i rang htc and it's getting picked up by ups in the morning and has to go to the uk :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

According to posters on XDA, Jelly Bean appears to be on general release for the One X on mainland Europe.

Past updates have usually been rolled out in UK/Ireland about a week after the rest of Europe.

ofcork wrote: »
    Just got an updated version of skygo from the market,now working on my htc one s.

Got it going on One X. Not great quality coming from it so far but I'll give it more than 5 mins before I pass judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

massy086 wrote: »
    cheer's for that i emailed them and they only do vodafone and meteor warranty work.so i rang htc and it's getting picked up by ups in the morning and has to go to the uk :mad::mad:

I sent mine across to them in the UK...Picked up and droped back in a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Got it going on One X. Not great quality coming from it so far but I'll give it more than 5 mins before I pass judgement

I found it great working off wifi at home.

ofcork wrote: »
    I found it great working off wifi at home.

Yea, it's actually pretty good. Nothing to complain about, good on WiFi and not too bad on 3G after a min or so of indistinguishable pixels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Yea, it's actually pretty good. Nothing to complain about, good on WiFi and not too bad on 3G after a min or so of indistinguishable pixels

Anyone using a custom ROM got SkyGo working?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Saw this on the HTC One X thread on XDA, in order to get the JB OTA now:

All you have to do is download:
    http://d-h.st/XsN
    Unzip them
    Install both APKS
    Restart Phone
    Check for update.

Certainly worked for me anyway, downloading the update now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sweet, it works! Downloading now :D
    If anyone needs links to the two individual files you can just download and install directly here
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72859/jb/HTC%20Checkin%20Service%204.0.221716.apk
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72859/jb/Updater%204.0.221818.apk

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭farreca

I got the update on my Vodafone one x this morning. Just manually checked for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Tried that method with the 2 files, didnt work for me on a 3 branded phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Only works for unbranded phones!

Yeah, updated mine there, seems to be more laggy than before and it's just force restarted o.0

EDIT: Ok the force restart seems to have sped things up a bit, seems that quadrant standard is causing it to restart. I want to know the new benchmarks :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Mine works. I can't work out what's different though. Does anyone have a guide to what's new in JB Or what new features are worth trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Zascar wrote: »
    Mine works. I can't work out what's different though. Does anyone have a guide to what's new in JB Or what new features are worth trying?

Haha yeah it's hilarious, all this wait and at the end I was the same - had no idea what I should have been expecting.

Well there are a few interface changes that I notice, I'm not sure whether it is faster / snappier. Noticed Google Now straight away, but no idea how to actually use it - will it just pop up when it feels like it?

Oh, and it just restarted itself on me. Joy :eek:

• Advertisement

How do you get into Google Now? That's what I was interested to try...

How do you get into Google Now? That's what I was interested to try...

Hold the Home button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

If anyone needs links to the two individual files you can just download and install directly here
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72859/jb/Updater%204.0.221818.apk[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, worked great for my unbrabded One on Three.
    Hold the Home button.

Thanks, I also had no idea! Still not sure what to do with it yet though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72859/jb/Updater%204.0.221818.apk

Cheers worked for me too.Unbranded on Meteor

So can you install this even if your phone hasn't been rooted, or do you need to root it first?

Kiith wrote: »
    So can you install this even if your phone hasn't been rooted, or do you need to root it first?

Does not need to be rooted.

You just need a Zip manager app on your phone to open the file.

Cheers, will give it a go later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The stock browser is now astonishingly fast :)

well didnt work for me either on a o2 branded phone aw well wait a little longer eh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Got it working on Unbranded One X. Looks like the carousel home screen is back. I'm glad it is, as it was a pain in ass having to swipe all the way from left to right.I do like the blue accents through out the menu looks much better the green.

Still don't see much use for google now as the speak back doesn't seem to want to answer my questions.

Advertisement