Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm no expert but it's really not all that hard, there are all in one toolkits out there these days that reduce the process to a few clicks, albeit in my experience with a bit of arsing around. The most annoying thing in my opinion is the full reset when unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just bought one of these, the official HTC One X Dock, got it for 47Euro, anybody else used one?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/120965655604?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3069wt_1397

Just an update on this, it arrived this morning, i made a 'Best Offer' of 39stg (47Euro) which was accepted.

Seriously tasty piece of kit, phone just nestles into into great, charges through the 5 pins, which are magnetic. Sound is awesome and clear.

Anti slip padding underneath so won't be sliding around the place.

A cool feature is Photo Frame, click on that and all pics in your gallery will rotate in a cool way.

onex_zpsae42d7c9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Still no jb on o2:(

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Unbranded on Three
    Running Jelly Bean for last couple weeks

How people finding it? Definitely snappier all round. Battery performance is worse though, before if I left my phone idle connected to 3G or WiFi battery didn't drop, or very slightly. Does drop a few percent if left idle now. Find I'm having to charge early evening if I intend on using it for the night.

Been using Nova Launcher for a while. So happy with it I've decided not to root for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

flugel wrote: »
    Unbranded on Three
    Running Jelly Bean for last couple weeks

How people finding it? Definitely snappier all round. Battery performance is worse though, before if I left my phone idle connected to 3G or WiFi battery didn't drop, or very slightly. Does drop a few percent if left idle now. Find I'm having to charge early evening if I intend on using it for the night.

Been using Nova Launcher for a while. So happy with it I've decided not to root for now!

After the initial battery horror, I've got the power saver ticked and the battery is lasting waaay longer with normal use

• Advertisement

SQ2 wrote: »

After the initial battery horror, I've got the power saver ticked and the battery is lasting waaay longer with normal use

With Power Saver data connection goes after 15 mins idle? Is it off until you turn on screen again or does it check periodically? My concern being I use Viber, don't want to have to turn my screen on to check if I got a message etc.

Do you know if Power Saver does nothing else bar disables data connection and reduce screen brightness?

Will try it out tho

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

With Power Saver data connection goes after 15 mins idle? Is it off until you turn on screen again or does it check periodically? My concern being I use Viber, don't want to have to turn my screen on to check if I got a message etc.

Do you know if Power Saver does nothing else bar disables data connection and reduce screen brightness?

Will try it out tho

Well if you look at the benchmarks I posted above you'll see it seems to throttle the phone's performance a bit.

5uspect wrote: »

Well if you look at the benchmarks I posted above you'll see it seems to throttle the phone's performance a bit.

Cheers for directing me to that! So battery usage would be down with slower performance, useful. If data stayed connected after 15 mins idle, or there was at least an option to do so I'd see it as viable

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Cheers for directing me to that! So battery usage would be down with slower performance, useful. If data stayed connected after 15 mins idle, or there was at least an option to do so I'd see it as viable

You could use juice defender to do just that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anyone done a comparison of the new native power saver and Juice Defender in default mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi folks, I see on the three forum that they are testing JellyBean for the HTC One X at the moment.
    I currently have mine rooted with Team Venom ROM (ICS). I need to unroot and revert back to stock to avail of the three upgrade before I can upgrade back up to Team Venom (JB).
    What is the easiest way of unrooting and getting back to stock rom please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Hi folks, I see on the three forum that they are testing JellyBean for the HTC One X at the moment.
    I currently have mine rooted with Team Venom ROM (ICS). I need to unroot and revert back to stock to avail of the three upgrade before I can upgrade back up to Team Venom (JB).
    What is the easiest way of unrooting and getting back to stock rom please?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1799881

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Dubhaltach wrote: »

I didn't do this, I got the version of the hboot firmware that matched my cid, relocked bootloader, flashed new firmware, unlocked bootloader, flashed recovery (cwm), then installed jellybean ROM.

There is a forum on xda with all the firmwares for each cid. Plenty of help there also.

Maybe doing it either way is about the same amount of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

nedd wrote: »

I didn't do this, I got the version of the hboot firmware that matched my cid, relocked bootloader, flashed new firmware, unlocked bootloader, flashed recovery (cwm), then installed jellybean ROM.

There is a forum on xda with all the firmwares for each cid. Plenty of help there also.

Maybe doing it either way is about the same amount of hassle.
    There is no hboot available for H3G__001 yet, not till after 3 release it.

There is no hboot available for H3G__001 yet, not till after 3 release it.

OK, my bad. I was waiting ages for the O2 hboot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Finally got jb on my one s on o2,looks ok so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone know some in Dublin that i'd be able to pickup a waterproof case/bag for the phone? Ideally a proper one that would allow me to still use the display, but a small phone bag would do.

That's my Three (H3G__001) One X upgraded to JB now! :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37117334#post37117334

That's my Three (H3G__001) One X upgraded to JB now! :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37117334#post37117334

Nice! What ROM did you go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Upgraded my hboot last night but havent flashed a JB Sense rom yet.
    Can somebody confirm if they banjaxed the expandable & actionable notifications in them?

• Advertisement

Nice! What ROM did you go with?
    ARHD 18, seems great so far!
    Chinpool wrote: »
    Can somebody confirm if they banjaxed the expandable & actionable notifications in them?
    I always forget about this, I'll check it out and let ya know.
    I'd say that even if Three/HTC banjaxed it, that some of the rom devs would have done something to rectify it.

Chinpool wrote: »

The expandable notification works. Only for some notifications. Swipe on the notification with two fingers and it expands.

ARHD 18, seems great so far!

I'm on the same, very stake and fast, not much customisation on it though, 3 dot button can't be removed and no quick settings in pull down.

I'm on the same, very stake and fast, not much customisation on it though, 3 dot button can't be removed and no quick settings in pull down.
    Yeah, might try one of the others soon, ARHD is almost too vanilla sense

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi Damo, just wondering did you have to revert back to stock rom and relock the phone to upgrade to JB? I am rooted with Team Venom rom, and looking for a way to upgrade to Venoms jelly bean rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hi Damo, just wondering did you have to revert back to stock rom and relock the phone to upgrade to JB? I am rooted with Team Venom rom, and looking for a way to upgrade to Venoms jelly bean rom.

No need to revert to stock. You will have to lock your bootloader again (then unlock after the new hboot is flashed)
    Tutorial in the 1st post here (assuming youre on 3)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1927048

As Chinpool said, there is no need to go back to stock unless you're looking to use the OTA update.

Firmware:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37117334&postcount=1857

Guide:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37135901&postcount=1864

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Any earphones that work with the One X other than the ones that arrive with the phone?
    My earphones are damaged, sounds like speaker is blown in the right & sometimes the pause button on the wire doesn't respond.

Would prefer ones which will still pause using a button on the wire, but will settle for others once sound is good.
    Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Any earphones that work with the One X other than the ones that arrive with the phone?
    My earphones are damaged, sounds like speaker is blown in the right & sometimes the pause button on the wire doesn't respond.

Would prefer ones which will still pause using a button on the wire, but will settle for others once sound is good.
    Any recommendations?
    Beats definitely work... as should most. My Monster/Nokia Purity headphones work.

• Advertisement

My Seinnheiser ones work, but they're just headphones, no mic/volume control.

Advertisement