Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Just finito my dreaded marketing presentation which has been haunting me for weeks - and it went awesomely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

swapple wrote: »
    Just finito my dreaded marketing presentation which has been haunting me for weeks - and it went awesomely! :D

You got dreads?

Sorry, it's early. It's not even. Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Daisies wrote: »
    Weekly pay FTW:D

AAAAH yeah that makes alot of sense! Monthly pay is a pain in the arse sometimes!
    swapple wrote: »

Fair play m'dear!! \m/ :D \m/

tl2.jpg

I used to LOVE presentations - I would always make an opening video with mad dramatic music and about a million different video sources - once i spent about 6 hours on a 4 minute video....too much of a perfectionist for my own good! (no wonder my laptop completely burnt out) 100% in that presentation though so f*ck yeah!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

:eek::eek:

Mastodon and Gojira are playing in the Academy for €30 (€34 if you include booking fee).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

That_Guy wrote: »

Mastodon and Gojira are playing in the Academy for €30 (€34 if you include booking fee).

Between this and Lamb of God it's going to be a serious summer for gigs. And I can't go to f*cking either :(

Have you listened to Gojira before? Heavy as hell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Just acquiring some Gojira now. Mastadon are decent. Got The Hunter off a friend and I like. Must listen to it a bit more.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

ooh yum!

i've made a mini rocky road :D:D nomnomnom

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I reeeeeeeeeeally wish I didn't have college at half 6 :(

I want to go throw frisbee or something outdoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

We went for Greek food and I'm stuffed! Drinking Pimms now, I love the stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

tl2.jpg

I effin love that little dude. Always makes me smile. :)

Brought some American students to the Book of Kells today. That Long Room/Library is so deadly. George Lucas even thought so!
    jedi_library.jpg?w=500

I kinda take for granted the deadliness of Trinity and its history and architecture.

Larianne wrote: »
    I effin love that little dude. Always makes me smile. :)

Brought some American students to the Book of Kells today. That Long Room/Library is so deadly. George Lucas even thought so!
    jedi_library.jpg?w=500

I kinda take for granted the deadliness of Trinity and its history and architecture.

I've never checked out the library actually, must get there the next time I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've never checked out the library actually, must get there the next time I'm in Dublin.

I can bring people for free as a stooodent. :)

Its briliant. Book of Kells is a bit of a let down so when you see the long room first you're just like WOW. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,686 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I used to not even bother trying to go on the interwebs while I was down home in the sticks as it took forever to get coverage.
    But moms finally got the broadband in, and now I've the net on me phone and it's fast as fooooooooooook! I love you wireless.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Panthro wrote: »
    I used to not even bother trying to go on the interwebs while I was down home in the sticks as it took forever to get coverage.
    But moms finally got the broadband in, and now I've the net on me phone and it's fast as fooooooooooook! I love you wireless.

Welcome to the 21st century.. its great isn't it?? My parents got broadband last year for the first time too. They couldn't believe how fast it was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,686 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Welcome to the 21st century.. its great isn't it?? My parents got broadband last year for the first time too. They couldn't believe how fast it was :D
    Stop don't talk to me. I used to bring home my o2 dongle when I wad home visiting, the thing nearly broke me heart, but now, broadband speed, wireless..I may never need my laptop again! Actually no, mum refuses to get in tv channels into the house. But not care I as I can now watch online, mwhahaha!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not feeling the weekend weekendness...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Black Oil wrote: »
    Not feeling the weekend weekendness...

Mine doesn't start until tomorrow. My friend and I just went for an hour long walk and just walked up Quay St back to my house and the looks we were getting from everyone outside the Quays was HILARIOUS. They were pointing as if to see "Check out the plonkers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Stop don't talk to me. I used to bring home my o2 dongle when I wad home visiting, the thing nearly broke me heart, but now, broadband speed, wireless..I may never need my laptop again! Actually no, mum refuses to get in tv channels into the house. But not care I as I can now watch online, mwhahaha!

You know what a geek you are when the internet is removed :)

We were staying in Wexford last year, no internet, so I jumped onto a neighbors wifi (eircom, default key .....:D)
    But to prove my geekyness, it wasn't that strong, so I had to sit in the garden against the hedge to pick it up, and did so :D

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    Mine doesn't start until tomorrow. My friend and I just went for an hour long walk and just walked up Quay St back to my house and the looks we were getting from everyone outside the Quays was HILARIOUS. They were pointing as if to see "Check out the plonkers"

Were ye the only ones not dressed in hen party attire or something? As that's what that street is usually crawling with on weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'd die without internet coverage.
    I've moved my bed so I can get a better signal.
    I've sat on windowsills to post here.

I've done the lion king move to send an email.......

ILXZ8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

that's what it's like at home for phone signal (still) - holding your hand in a position, very very still, because it's taken you 20 minutes to find that exact spot to be able to send a text / connect to the net.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Were ye the only ones not dressed in hen party attire or something? As that's what that street is usually crawling with on weekends?

Nah, just back from the walk, all bundles up with scarfs and gloves and bright coloured jackets!

awec wrote: »
    So what's everyone up to today?

Working :(

I'm thinking I may treat myself to a cocktail tonight, hmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Out on the bike this morning, great weather. I'm going to watch the football but i think pints might be in order this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

awec wrote: »

Are there matches on the telly today?

Chelsea v Spurs is about to start on Skysports2.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement