Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heh, I thought I was the only one (of my age bracket) that did this unplugging/standby not being good enough, lark. Good to hear others do it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

yeah it's meant to be something like 20% of full power is used when on standby. there's no point doing that in my house, my housemate likes to turn on ALL the lights, there's usually about 12-14 on at any one time. and refuses to do washing during the night. but don't get me started...

Stop, my housemate is here all day and he was giving out about the last bill and yet seems to do a wash everyday, during the day :rolleyes:
    Pembily wrote: »
    Yes but you shouldn't unplug electrical items on standby, only when they are off fully otherwise you can get a power surge!
    Did not know that!
    I look like sh1t but I'm going to the pub for beer and burgers :pac:

someone told me today is international beer day. I'll take their word on it.

Mmmmm burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

swapple wrote: »
    So worth it though! On the other end of the spectrum I had €2 fried rice from the local chinese :o[/YOUTUBE]

It was worth it! It was bacon and mushroom risotto. It's probably a good thing it takes so long or I'd have it all the time.

Cheap fried rice is nice, especially the way they get the egg in it, I haven't gotten that right yet. The local Thai place does a killer fried rice, it's a bit more than €2 though. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Black Oil wrote: »
    Heh, I thought I was the only one (of my age bracket) that did this unplugging/standby not being good enough, lark. Good to hear others do it.

Oh I used to drive my housemates in Dublin mad with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

awec wrote: »
    Oh my god I'd love a beer right now.

Me too! Gotta wait till tomorrow I guess.
    On a positive note: Free gaff all weekend! :D

Free gaff for 8 weeks! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Daisies wrote: »
    Black Oil wrote: »

Oh I used to drive my housemates in Dublin mad with it!
    This is why we shouldn't live together :pac:

Between finishing each others sentences and killing our livers bit by bit I reckon me turning things off would be the least of our worries :pac:

I'll be definitely stopping at the carryout on the way home tomorrow for beer. Some of that Thai stuff me thinks!

Chang?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Daisies wrote: »

Between finishing each others sentences and killing our livers bit by bit I reckon me turning things off would be the least of our worries :pac:
    Very true :p

Party in Lar's and Awec's :D

White and gold label?

You don't seem to be able to get Harp down here so I usually head to the "exotic" lagers bit and just pick one.

There's two Thai beers. Chang and er,...

Chang has green writing I think.

Its Singha! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

imma swing by the only offy that I know has a wee smashing drink called Midori :D been meaning to get it for ages. myself and Kya1976 are having a night in/out tomorrow, so now that she can drink, ....we is drinkin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Asian beers are nice. Cobra, Tiger etc are both amazing.

I agree. Tiger all the way for me.

Vanbis wrote: »

Where's Tiger from ? Singapore?

I really liked San Miguel when I was in the Philippines. Drank that all the time.. alone... :( :pac:

Larianne wrote: »

I really liked San Miguel when I was in the Philippines. Drank that all the time.. alone... :( :pac:

Yeah, i think you're right. Who hasn't drank alone :)

I was about to make a smart arse remark about San Miguel being spanish but I just looked it up and it's Philippines?! :eek::eek::eek:

Now! *nods head to the side* Told ya.

Well the Filopinos found it strange!!

• Advertisement

Haven't had San Miguel in yeeears. That's my next house party drink I think!

Tiger = nom!

Ya it's Singapore, let's just say a drank a haep of it while in Singapore and Malaysia

I'm doing it right now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

All this gibberish about fordin beers and no love for the Guinney.

Shame on you all,shame,on,you,all.
    :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Harp still exists?

All this gibberish about fordin beers and no love for the Guinney.

Shame on you all,shame,on,you,all.
    :mad:

We're talking about Asian beers, as far as I am aware, Guinness is an Irish stout

Well the Filopinos found it strange!!

Last paddy's day i saw a man, late sixtys standing outside the local waiting on it to open....with a BIG green hat on. Now that was weird :D

• Advertisement

Go 'way with yoru guinney!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement