Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Well, it generally is always a DJ set with them except they have those huge screens behind them. We're working on the semantics of getting those in but otherwise it's a full production

Well, it generally is always a DJ set with them except they have those huge screens behind them. We're working on the semantics of getting those in but otherwise it's a full production

After seeing 2 Many DJs at Pukkelpop 2010 they do put on a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Did I imagine it or is there another announcement on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Did I imagine it or is there another announcement on Thursday?
    yep, supposed to be another 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

So is there another announcement due today?

How's the ticket situation looking? Would you reckon If I left it till the end of June there would still be some left?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Roddy23 wrote: »
    So is there another announcement due today?

How's the ticket situation looking? Would you reckon If I left it till the end of June there would still be some left?
    I'm in the same boat - want to get tickets but would prefer to hold off until end of june until to purchase it.

Original Rudeboys , Time is a Thief , The Empire Lights , Neil Corcoran and Dave Halligan, Dancehall artists Scribble Sound System, Drum & Disco duo PK and Jay and back by popular demand, Daft Funk!

All added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Daft Funk were class last year, Looking forward to them again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Hopefully that's "logistics", rather than "semantics". Otherwise I can only assume we'll be getting a redefinition of "huge", or a cunningly wrought rationale for why this wasn't after all possible...

Intrigued at BSP being the final headliner. Not exactly a massive act, but a good 'un. Gets me back to thinking about going after all...

I just noticed how far down the bill Fighting with Wire are. They really obscurer than the likes of Ham Sandwich and... many, many people I've never heard of, these days? (Granted, they were supporting Twin Atlantic recently, who on previous visits to Cork played to literally... ones of people.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

Hello all,

My band 'In The Willows' have just secured a place at Indiependence. We've only been gigging 6 months so we'd love to see as many faces possible come see us. Our debut EP is available for free here http://inthewillows.bandcamp.com

You can find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/inthewillows and Twitter too https://twitter.com/#!/TheInTheWillows

Here's a few videos of us:

Wake Me If I'm Asleep

We Won't Be Found

It's Over

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

alaimacerc wrote: »

Hopefully that's "logistics", rather than "semantics". Otherwise I can only assume we'll be getting a redefinition of "huge", or a cunningly wrought rationale for why this wasn't after all
    Do you think the wool is being pulled over your eyes or something?

The plan is to improve the line up year on year and hopefully do it without raising prices. It's meant that other areas might suffer, including ourselves, in order to get a name we want in. We've paid for bands out of our own pocket just because we wanted to see them so there is no agenda at play here.

If we can find a way to safely fit those screens to stage we will. If we have to get a bigger stage and can do it on budget we will. If not, then we won't because we can't.

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    Last announcements due next week and the following week so full line-up will be out there by June 21/22..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival

Cheers for this, hadn't spotted it!

Hope to make it for the weekend but a couple of friends might want to come for just the day.. Anyone know if there are day tickets available for this?Cheers!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Cheers for this, hadn't spotted it!

Hope to make it for the weekend but a couple of friends might want to come for just the day.. Anyone know if there are day tickets available for this?Cheers!

I don't think they do day tickets but am open to correction on this. In previous years that they have it was near the end when it didn't look they were going to sell out

Any news on the next announcement?

Think news is due this week and then the following week is the final announcement

Time off work booked for this....now to get tickets :pac:

Hot Press:
    Indiependence 2012 gets a shot in the arm with 18 great new Irish acts added to an already bulging bill.

Headlining the festival this year are 2manydjs, Feeder, Maverick Sabre, Beardyman and British Sea Power.

Icon on Fire topped the Red Bull Bedroom Jam Festival Chart with an extensive Twitter following. Their score in the last hour of the competition was more than double that of their closest competitors. In the Willows and Walking on Cars will join them onstage in August.

Other acts included on the bill are Owensie; Toy Soldier; Zealots; The Dirty 9's; The Koubas; The Fallen Drakes; Annette Buckley; Autumn Long; Terror Pop; Eleventy Four; Dott; In Their Thousands; Kammer Pop; Nation of the State, and Milan Jay.

More established acts to feature at the Indie extravaganza are Jape, The Japanese Popstars, Delorentos, The Frank & Walters and The Minutes. Organisers promise yet more to be announced, including the main headliner. Stay tuned.

Main headliner to come!!!! Woo hoo, thought BSP would be headlining the Sunday. Hopefully its proper rock or Indie band. Indiependence please don't go the way of Oxegen and get rap acts that attract skangers!

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Main headliner to come!!!! Woo hoo, thought BSP would be headlining the Sunday. Hopefully its proper rock or Indie band. Indiependence please don't go the way of Oxegen and get rap acts that attract skangers!
    Sounds good, must get tickets soon.

You guys think there'll be more demand this year with better acts, lack of oxygen etc.?

deisedude wrote: »

Wonder who will be the last headliner? I agree it needs to be Rock band just to even it out with Dance(2ManyDJs) , Rap/Hip Hop(Maverick Sabre)

There were rumours of Biffy Clyro doing the rounds a few weeks ago, possible headliner?

There were rumours of Biffy Clyro doing the rounds a few weeks ago, possible headliner?

Would love if it was Biffy

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Would love if it was Biffy

cant see it myself would be unreal if true tho

cant see it myself would be unreal if true tho

Ah yea same

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Sticking it out there, but I'm hoping they might have picked up Bon Iver. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Avox wrote: »
    Sticking it out there, but I'm hoping they might have picked up Bon Iver. :D

I'd love that too!And they are free the dates Indie is on..Make it happen Indiependence! :P

It's more wishful thinking on my part but hopefully And So I Watch You From Afar will be the last headliner!

Bon Iver is wishful thinking imo - would be several kinds of epic if announced though!

• Advertisement

I'd take ASIWYFA to be honest, unreal live band

Advertisement