Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

PaulieC wrote: »
    Bon Iver is wishful thinking imo - would be several kinds of epic if announced though!

Ah yeah definitely!

They're playing the 02 in Dublin on 12th November in case anyone's interested.. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 9 am.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Last Headliner?

Hot Press:
    Fresh from their sold out gig Live At The Marquee, The Coronas will be playing Indiependence this August.

"It's great to be able to do another show in Cork this summer, we're really looking forward to it," says lead singer Danny O'Reilly.

The Coronas will play on the last day of the Cork festival, alongside British Sea Power, Beardyman, Delorentos, Fish Go Deep, The Minutes and Ham Sandwich.

Indiependence 2012

August 3-5

Deer Farm, Mitchelstown, Cork

Tickets from €79

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

serious? Surely they aint headlining the sunday!

I saw the Coronas story on a few websites alright but no sign of it on the Indiependence facebook page yet.

Not sure if that means that they're the last headliner though. All the pieces I've read just say they're playing but no mention of them headlining..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

frag420 wrote: »
    Delighted Fish Go Deep are there was in the Pav recently and really enjoyed the gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

I seriously hope not anyway.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah yeah definitely!

They're playing the 02 in Dublin on 12th November in case anyone's interested.. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 9 am.
    PUTA!! Not getting paid 'til Wednesday hopefully they won't be sold out by then.....wishful thinking maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

no mention of the word "headline" thankfully...
    Nearly 1,000 e-mails asking if they were playing and off the back of selling out the 5,000 capacity Live At The Marquee a month in advance, we are delighted to announce that The Coronas have been added to this years INDIE12 bill. The Coronas will play on Sunday Aug 5th along with British Sea Power, The Minutes, Beardyman, Delorentos, Ham Sandwich, Foals(djs) and Fish Go Deep as well as many many more on what is looking like an awesome finishing day to INDIE12!

no mention of the word "headline" thankfully...

So if they're not headlining am I right in saying that the last headline has yet to be announced?

So if they're not headlining am I right in saying that the last headline has yet to be announced?
    I would have thought they'd be the headline act....hopefully there'll be another suprise though...I like suprises

• Advertisement

I wonder have they booked Coronas as back up just incase the last headliner doesnt work out? e.g they were trying to book Franz Ferdinand , but it fell through , they then might announce Coronas as the final headliner later on

I remember when Oxegen announced BEP last year , they were not originally down as headliners but ended up headlining on the friday

I wonder have they booked Coronas as back up just incase the last headliner doesnt work out? e.g they were trying to book Franz Ferdinand , but it fell through , they then might announce Coronas as the final headliner later on

I remember when Oxegen announced BEP last year , they were not originally down as headliners but ended up headlining on the friday

That makes a lot of sense actually..

Guess we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks!

That males a lot of sense actually..

Guess we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks!

Yea love or hate the Coronas they are a big enough headline at this stage . Unless they do a co-headline kinda thing with the next headliner like Blur/Snow Patrol a few years ago

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    Just watched Feeder tear it up at Isle of Wight. 6 Weeks and they'll be doing the same at INDIE12 ! Congrats to Screenreader who joined the bill last night winning the battle of the bands in Cyprus Avenue, A three-way tie on the judges votes meant it went to the public vote and Screenreader won out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

For a festival of this size The Coronas are definitely considered a headliner. Love it or hate it it's true. If you look over all the headliners from previous years they consist of bands that play Olympia or Vicar St sized venues. The Coronas filled a f*ckin 5000 capacity tent last week and it wasn't even in Dublin! It's never gonna be financially possible to book an international band like Kasabian or Bon Iver as they could earn triple doing a solo show.

The one thing I dislike is the fact the Coronas seem to be on the bill for the last 3 years, kinda lazy booking but whatever, as long as folks have a good time and enjoy the weekend who gives a crap! There's multiple stages and plenty of great bands on the bill to enjoy.

Updated Line Up

FRIDAY:

Main Stage
    Maverick Sabre
    Bressie
    This Club
    The Kanyu Tree
    Shadowplay

The Big Top
    Japanese Popstars
    Jape
    Bitches With Wolves
    The Original Rudeboys
    Machine Gun Baby
    The Empire Lights

Bacardi Oakheart
    Horse Meat Disco
    Neil Corcoran

Red Bull Bedroom Jam Stage
    Daft Funk
    Owensie
    Kammerpop
    Annette Buckley
    The Fallen Drakes
    Spies
    Gavin James
    Girl Band

Saturday

Main Stage
    2 Many Djs
    Feeder
    The Frank and the Walters
    Royseven
    Slow Motion Heroes
    Rooftop Anthem
    The Raglans
    Cars Love Girls

The Big Top
    Scroobius Pip
    We Cut Corners
    The Pale
    Toby Kaar
    Patrick Kelleher & His Cold Dead Hands
    Zombie Computer
    Kodaline
    The Last Days of 1984
    Kodakid
    Hello Moon
    Emerson

Bacardi Oakheart
    Torann Drums
    LTJ Bukem & Mc Conrad
    Bigdishgo
    Greg Kent
    DJ Gossy
    Keith Cunnigham

PK & Jay
    Dott
    Toy Soldier
    Eleventy Four
    Milan Jay
    Kellie Lewis
    Half Man Half Bicycle
    Nation of the State
    Zealots
    Time is a Thief
    Reid
    A Plastic Rose

Sunday

Main Stage
    The Coronas
    British Sea Power
    The Minutes
    Fighting With Wire
    Squarehead
    Screenreader
    The Shoos
    The Gandhis
    Dead School
    Neon Wolf

Big Top
    Beardyman
    Delorentos
    Ham Sandwich
    Le Galaxie
    Roison O
    Ross Breen
    Leaders of Men
    Hush War Cry
    Daithi
    Elaine Mai
    The Dead Heavies

Bacardi Oakheart
    Fish Go Deep
    Foals(DJ Set)
    Dave Halligan
    Stevie G

Walking on Cars
    In Their Thousands
    In The Willows
    Icon on Fire
    Darkest Era
    Autumn Long
    The Koubas
    The Dirty 9's
    N.O.D
    King Kong Company
    Brains
    Wizards of Firetop Mountain
    Axis Of

Really can't wait to see some of the acts now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Cheers for this, hadn't spotted it!

Hope to make it for the weekend but a couple of friends might want to come for just the day.. Anyone know if there are day tickets available for this?Cheers!

They are selling day tickets now, saw it mentioned on their facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lovely_hurlin

Any recommendations on accommodation nearby? Not sure if partner too enthusiastic about camping with a 9 month old.
    Have an tickets, airbed and tents in place, but she's thinking more of her back than the little one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

deisedude wrote: »
    They are selling day tickets now, saw it mentioned on their facebook page

Where can you buy them? I only really wanna see Scroobius Pip on the Saturday and would love to see Feeder aswell but if I can only buy a 3 day ticket I don't think i'll bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lovely_hurlin

Day Tickets will be available from Friday June 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭glanman

Any recommendations on accommodation nearby? Not sure if partner too enthusiastic about camping with a 9 month old.
    Have an tickets, airbed and tents in place, but she's thinking more of her back than the little one!!

There is a hotel across the road called the Firgrove which I have never stayed in but should be fine and is right on the door step. Few B&Bs around, some in walking distance and then the Corbett Court is about 10 mins drive. Kilcoran Lodge is about 15 mins away.

http://www.kilcoranlodge.net/

http://www.firgrovehotel.com/

http://corbettcourt.ie/accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Could Feeder have done Sunday?

The Corona's are a horrible headliner, they are a by the numbers booking in Ireland at this stage.

Had anyone heard the radio add for indiependence?

As usual it plays snippets of the main acts that are playing that weekend along with all the general info on the weekend.

The last snippet of a song is SuperStar DJ by Chemical Bros??

Is this perhaps a hint about Sunday headliner?? I know they usually play to a bigger crowd but it would be some finish to the weekend!!

Also if it is true I hope enough people have bought tickets before the skangers buy them(if the chems are actually playing)

frAg

Had anyone heard the radio add for indiependence?

As usual it plays snippets of the main acts that are playing that weekend along with all the general info on the weekend.

The last snippet of a song is SuperStar DJ by Chemical Bros??

Is this perhaps a hint about Sunday headliner?? I know they usually play to a bigger crowd but it would be some finish to the weekend!!

Also if it is true I hope enough people have bought tickets before the skangers buy them(if the chems are actually playing)

frAg

Very very doubt it Chemical Brothers will play , id say they are out of their budget and WAY yo big for INDIE

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Thats the 2manydjs mix of the same song.

Wishfull thinking I guess...................

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

If you listen to the ad they've slightly changed the lyrics as 2manydjs often use it in their set.

"Hey boy, hey girl, 2manydjs, here we go" instead of "Hey boy, hey girl, superstar DJ, here we go"

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

TheStook wrote: »
    Where can you buy them? I only really wanna see Scroobius Pip on the Saturday and would love to see Feeder aswell but if I can only buy a 3 day ticket I don't think i'll bother

Just got a Saturday day ticket, day tickets only available on Tickets.ie so far

http://www.tickets.ie/events.aspx/artist/indiependence-music-festival-tickets/110683

• Advertisement

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival:
    Afternoon campers, we checked out Sea Sessions and The Stone Roses at Heaton Park over the weekend so a bit brittle today! In other news, ticket sales have taken a huge jump in the last week and there are giveaways on Today FM's Louise Duffy, Matt Cooper and KC at Night shows all this week so check it out!

Hopefully getting ticket in the next week or so

Advertisement