Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So with the announcement tomorrow wonder who will we see on the bill???

Im hoping for:

Franz Ferdinand
    The Subways
    The Minutes
    The Gaslight Anthem

Ha im not asking for much and chances im totally wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

So with the announcement tomorrow wonder who will we see on the bill???

Im hoping for:

Franz Ferdinand
    The Subways
    The Minutes
    The Gaslight Anthem

Ha im not asking for much and chances im totally wrong

Plenty rumours flying around down here in Cork over the weekend about who will be announced. However, two acts that everyone seemed to have in common were Biffy Clyro and Bell X1..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,220 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Plenty rumours flying around down here in Cork over the weekend about who will be announced. However, two acts that everyone seemed to have in common were Biffy Clyro and Bell X1..

Guaranteed attendance if they play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Anyone know what time the announcement is scheduled for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Does this usually sell out? If Biffy are announced I'd say it could..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

It doesn't usually sell out, I've been the last 2 years and it's never been crammed full of people during headliner time of night.

Looking forward to the announcement. The campsite was great craic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,646 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Biffy Clyro next to be added supposedly

Feeder into Biffy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqiEvKwUrSvRuZYyq5RF78MT2LuBFxXofX6LMVixzKqBvOBdFMxWTuEQAX

EDIT: Site goes live at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Just thought to check their website and... no update yet. Maybe they're keeping their powder dry until the launch night at Cyprus Avenue, tonight?

My top theories are still that mentions of Biffy are either, most likely, fan-generated rumour out of whole cloth, or else publicity-seeking conspiracy by Dark Forces(TM). But who knows, maybe they're at a loose end that weekend, and feel the urge to do an Irish festival, regardless of whether it's called "Oxegen", features tents on fire, etc, or not. Or, they're feeling guilty for not having played Cork since 2007. 2007!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Just thought to check their website and... no update yet. Maybe they're keeping their powder dry until the launch night at Cyprus Avenue, tonight?
    they said on facebook that the site will go live at 7pm. they've got a twitter account too: http://twitter.com/#!/Indie_pendence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I presume Feeder are not headlining? since didnt Curve Music say something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very meh to that lineup. Scroobius and at a push Feeder the only ones i'd pay to go see, but won't be with that lineup.

Very disappointed to be honest. Gone a bit backwards since they had someone like Editors headlining.

Friday:

Maverick Sabre
    Bressie
    Japanese Popstars
    Bitches With Wolves
    This Club

Saturday

2 Many DJs
    Feeder

Scroobuis Pip
    Jape
    The Frank and Walters
    Royseven
    We Cut Corners
    Torann Drums
    The Kanyu Tree
    Ltj Bukem and MC Conrad
    Toby Kaar
    Slow Motion Heroes
    Rooftop Anthem
    Hello Moon
    The Raglans
    Cars Love Girls
    Shadowplay
    A Plastic Rose

Sunday
    ????????
    Beardyman
    Ham Sandwhich
    Delorentos
    The Minutes
    Le Galaxie
    Squarehead
    Fighting With Wire
    Dead School
    Reid
    Elaine Mai
    King Kong Company
    Daithi
    Neon Wolf
    The Dead Heavies
    Brains
    Wizards of Firetop Mountain
    Axis Of

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Well, that was... crushingly anticlimactic and rubbish.

Furious, you say there's definitely a headliner still to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Friday:

Maverick Sabre
    Bressie
    Japanese Popstars
    Bitches With Wolves
    This Club

Saturday

2 Many DJs
    Feeder

Scroobuis Pip
    Jape
    The Frank and Walters
    Royseven
    We Cut Corners
    Torann Drums
    The Kanyu Tree
    Ltj Bukem and MC Conrad
    Toby Kaar
    Slow Motion Heroes
    Rooftop Anthem
    Hello Moon
    The Raglans
    Cars Love Girls
    Shadowplay
    A Plastic Rose

Sunday
    ????????
    Beardyman
    Ham Sandwhich
    Delorentos
    The Minutes
    Le Galaxie
    Squarehead
    Fighting With Wire
    Dead School
    Reid
    Elaine Mai
    King Kong Company
    Daithi
    Neon Wolf
    The Dead Heavies
    Brains
    Wizards of Firetop Mountain
    Axis Of

Where did you get this from?

I know last year they had the headliners on Saturday and Sunday night so maybe they'll do the same this year..

EDIT: Apologies only saw the website there so didnt realise thats where it came from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 culturevulture

Talk about underwhelming. built to be "the best" however turns out to be a bit of a damp squib. im going to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

2many djs, Beardyman and king kong company Im deffo hitting this..what's with all the negativity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Brains and Wizards of Firetop Mountain are two bands that are not really well known but definetly worth going to see.

Other than that, not much there for me.

Yea according to the Line Up by "day" there is no headliner or "biggish name" like the other ones .

Im happy with 2 May DJS , Feeder , Beardyman , Fighting With Wire , Japanese Popstars , Scroobius Pip , Ham Sambo and The Minutes . Tickets gonna be bought next weekend :)

• Advertisement

Yea according to the Line Up by "day" there is no headliner or "biggish name" like the other ones .

Im happy with 2 May DJS , Feeder , Beardyman , Fighting With Wire , Japanese Popstars , Scroobius Pip , Ham Sambo and The Minutes . Tickets gonna be bought next weekend :)

Im thinking of getting a ticket fairly soon myself i reckon they could be snapped up fairly lively.great way to spend the august bank holiday weekend..

Im thinking of getting a ticket fairly soon myself i reckon they could be snapped up fairly lively.great way to spend the august bank holiday weekend..

The only reason we are getting ours next weekend is because the longer we leave it , the less chance we have of going due to my friends being flakes ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Yeah well, i'm looking forward to this, hope it doesnt sell out cos i wont be able to buy a ticket for another few weeks. 3 day weeks for another month....F*ck you recession.

falan wrote: »
    Yeah well, i'm looking forward to this, hope it doesnt sell out cos i wont be able to buy a ticket for another few weeks. 3 day weeks for another month....F*ck you recession.

Id say you'll be grand for another couple of months or so before they start flying out..just looking at the line up again i think its very good for 99 quid for 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Id say you'll be grand for another couple of months or so before they start flying out..just looking at the line up again i think its very good for 99 quid for 3 days.
    Ya should be ok, i've been every year for the past 3 or 4 years and it never sold out. Hope there's another big act or two announced. Biffy would be a nice addition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very poor line-up considering previous years, thought they'd kick on and try and become bigger. 2manydj's and Maverick Sabre are poor enough main acts really.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

What's with all the negativity on here. I reckon that it is excellent value for €99.

Any time I've seen Feeder or 2manyDJ's they put on a really good show. Beardyman always delivers a fun set and then you've got great Irish acts like Japanese Popstars, Jape, Royseven. All the banter around the campsite and it's in Cork like.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Overall there’s been a very positive response to the line up but as ever you’re putting the line up out there to be critiqued and no matter who is playing you’re not going to please everyone and it’s never going to be to everyone’s taste. There’s been a few rumours doing the rounds in the past few days and I’m not sure how they got out there but they did. Our launch was pushed and pushed until we could no longer push it and sometimes timings go against you. I think if people look down the bill they’ll see the middle section has been bumped up a level as well which is that next small step we were hoping to take. As with every other year, we’re again trying to provide as much variety as possible for the lowest possible price, and more to be added.

If you're considering going, buy early.

i think it's a great lineup for that price.

Japanese Popstars
    2 Many DJs
    Feeder
    Scroobuis Pip
    Jape
    We Cut Corners
    Ltj Bukem and MC Conrad
    Toby Kaar
    Beardyman
    Ham Sandwhich
    Delorentos
    The Minutes
    Reid

plenty there for me and there's still more to be announced, and loads on the lineup i've never listened to before.
    the festival is well organised and really relaxed and friendly, so it's well worth it IMO.

• Advertisement

spot on. if I wasn't down at Indiependence I'd probably end up going out on the p1ss on 2 nights that weekend and have little to show for it, and spend about the same amount as i would in total for the festival.

Advertisement