Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Check out the Waterford band King Kong Company, I caught them at Life festival, a great sound, you will love them. I caught this clip of them doing Panic Button which I Initially thought was called Disco and is a loop from the Justice show.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Check out the Waterford band King Kong Company, I caught them at Life festival, a great sound, you will love them. I caught this clip of them doing Panic Button which I Initially thought was called Disco and is a loop from the Justice show.

I've been banging on about this band for a while now. These guys are unreal live.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

Never been to Indie before but thinking of going this year, whats the campsite like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Never been to Indie before but thinking of going this year, whats the campsite like?

I was there last year for a night, good campground, good drainage, the ground didn't get swamped even though it did rain a little.

Quieter than most given the size, but not quiet, I felt safe the entire time and there was nothing but fun.
    (Except two psycho cousins who were arguing the whole night and couldn't keep a straight story on why they were arguing or who they even were...carlow women are weird :pac:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    Evening Campers... The site got a hair cut today and is looking well! We're also working on our final stage times and will announce them next week. We've added a few extra little bits with Choke Comedy, Ringo Bingo and a head to head between Today FM & Phantom FM in the Silent Disco, the final line-up across all stages as well as stage times will be announced next week!
    Also folks, check out Tony Fenton and Paul McCloones shows on Today FM all this week to be in with a chance to win tickets including the ultimate festival experience on Tony's show!

Also the Corona's were the last headliner to be confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Can't believe this starts in almost 3 weeks!How did that happen?!

Still haven't bought a ticket yet.

Think there'll be some left the week beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from fb:
    Folks, Camper Van Tickets are nearly sold out. They will be gone in the next couple of days so if you are planning on bringing a campervan, you need to purchase that ticket asap!!

Me and my friend just got our tickets . I would recommend that people buy their tickets on www.tickets.ie since TM charge €6.10 per ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 5 onedmg

Really looking forward to this... Never been but this line up suits me down to the ground. Never heard of British Sea Power before this, looked them up and can't wait!! King Kong Company, judging from that clip put up I reckon they're one to check out live alright!!

Another clip of King Kong Company that I upped to Youtube, enjoy.

• Advertisement

It might be Friday the 13th but in better news, this time 3 weeks, our campsite will be open!
    Full Stage times next week folks. The camping tickets are selling way ahead of last year and they sold out on the weekend so a good chance they will be gone in advance this year. Don't delay!

Camper Van Tickets are now SOLD OUT. This area is now full so we won't be able to release any additional tickets for this area.
    Stage times this week. Camping tickets are still available but selling fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Camper van tickets now sold out.

Can't wait for this one, gonna be really special I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 larryolaoi

Hi,
    I can't believe there is no map on the website, can anyone send me a google streetview or google maps link, I will do up a map for the organisers if they like, once I know the location

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

larryolaoi wrote: »
    Hi,
    I can't believe there is no map on the website, can anyone send me a google streetview or google maps link, I will do up a map for the organisers if they like, once I know the location

When you are at the roundabout exiting Mitchelstown town at the firgrove hotel it is a few hundred metres down the old Dublin road on your left

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1994Ninja

What time is the campsite opening on Friday 3rd?

1994Ninja wrote: »

Think they said on facebook that it will be opening sometime that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

my wife won 3 day camping tickets to the event earlier today. we would really like to go but as she will be 8 months pregnant we wont be going to the entire weekend but are more likely to leave the venue each night and return the following afternoon. is it easy to come and go like this? do you just present the tickets as you re-enter? i'm not too interested in the line up on one of the nights - is it possible to give someone else the ticket for that night?

1994Ninja wrote: »
    http://www.indiependencefestival.com/info/opening-times/

fitzie79 wrote: »
    my wife won 3 day camping tickets to the event earlier today. we would really like to go but as she will be 8 months pregnant we wont be going to the entire weekend but are more likely to leave the venue each night and return the following afternoon. is it easy to come and go like this? do you just present the tickets as you re-enter? i'm not too interested in the line up on one of the nights - is it possible to give someone else the ticket for that night?
    you can come and go each day/night whenever you want. you'll get a wristband on the first day when you arrive that you keep for the weekend.
    not sure if you'd be able to give it to someone else, you usually need to cut the wristbands off as they're on securely to stop people getting them to friends once they get inside themselves. you might be able to walk up to the gate and show the security person that you're giving your wristband to someone, or else maybe just email them and explain the situation and the organisers can let you know what the story is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

fitzie79 wrote: »

You can come and go as you please, but I would forget about coming one day and cutting off the wristband to give to someone else, unless you want them turfed out. Security is supposedly bulked up this year after other events *cough cough*

426954_10150959117452709_815436688_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

426954_10150959117452709_815436688_n.jpg

Some good acts there worth checking out like Town Criers, Soldiers Can't Dance, The Notas and especially the brilliant Radioactive Grandma.

Would Carried by Waves be worth checking out?

Might try catch Champagne Animal if they dont clash with anyone

They're after tweaking that line-up slightly.

Basically (as far as I can tell), the only difference is that Kasper Rosa swap places with Carried by Waves.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150960791742709&set=a.102536007708.97623.89376907708&type=1&relevant_count=1

Some good acts there worth checking out like Town Criers, Soldiers Can't Dance, The Notas and especially the brilliant Radioactive Grandma.

Would Carried by Waves be worth checking out?

I think they're definitely worth checking out.

They put out a free debut album last week which can be downloaded from:

http://carriedbywaves.bandcamp.com/

I forgot I had a video clip of this guy Reid, an excellent electronic musician from Cork who plays a kind of ambient techno driven by bass backward loops which form the rhythm of his music. I caught a little bit of his set at the Upstage in the Body & Soul festival this year, he is playing the track Forrest here, I see he is playing in the Red Bull Bedroom quite early in Saturday afternoon so you should check him out.

http://www.facebook.com/INDIEPENDENCEFEST/posts/255711714540894
    The sun is beating down on the site, its drying out, we start build tomorrow, camping tickets are flying out the door (They WILL sell out)

no sign of the times this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Monday, I promise.

The weather kind of threw things in the air the past week. It meant moving stages etc, so everything but the times got priority. We'll definitely have it by Monday or Tuesday at the very latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Was onsite this morning. Anyone who's been to indiependence before knows ow good the ground is there but it's held up surprisingly well despite the rain. fingers crossed for this weather for the build as well.

Advertisement