Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

CWF wrote: »
    Anybody hear about 2013?

I got an email last week from Tickets.ie about it.

https://www.tickets.ie/events.aspx/search?s=indiependence

• Registered Users Posts: 20 larryolaoi

CWF wrote: »
    Anybody hear about 2013?

Nope, they need to sort out the weather and unfriendly security and a few other things before i would go back

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

larryolaoi wrote: »
    Nope, they need to sort out the weather and unfriendly security and a few other things before i would go back

How can they do that?:p It was my first year and i hope to go again next year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

larryolaoi wrote: »

Yeah they should like put a roof or something on it right. Damn incompetence of the organizers for allowing it to rain. Heck, what were they thinking running an outdoor festival in Ireland in the first place, assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

With Oxegen making a come back the same weekend how do people feel it will affect Indie? On the plus side might be able to get a few of the acts that will be playing Oxegen.

• Advertisement

Can't see it having much an effect on it myself. Festival should try getting somebody like Little Green Cars this year somewhere. Up and coming. Were Delorentos any good last year? Loved their new album. It would be amazing if Indie managed to get Foals this year. Please do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Can't see it having much an effect on it myself. Festival should try getting somebody like Little Green Cars this year somewhere. Up and coming. Were Delorentos any good last year? Loved their new album. It would be amazing if Indie managed to get Foals this year. Please do it!
    They are playing in the States the same weekend. We're huge Foals fans and we've tried to get them every year since we first heard Cassius! We had them do a DJ set last year with the release of the Tapes album but that was because we couldn't get the full band together. The year before we missed out on them because one of their brothers was getting married on the same weekend or something. It will happen eventually I'm sure!

New album out in a fortnight, have heard a few songs from it. Can't wait!

They are playing in the States the same weekend. We're huge Foals fans and we've tried to get them every year since we first heard Cassius! We had them do a DJ set last year with the release of the Tapes album but that was because we couldn't get the full band together. The year before we missed out on them because one of their brothers was getting married on the same weekend or something. It will happen eventually I'm sure!

New album out in a fortnight, have heard a few songs from it. Can't wait!

Ah unlucky! Yeah new album sounds great, can't wait to get it.

As for Oxegen, we've known about it with some time. We welcome it. We got into this game years ago to hopefully give music lovers something we didn't have when growing up - CHOICE!

We've grown it each year and kept the cost model the same so hopefully when the line up arrives people will recognise the quality in there and the hard work we've put in to putting it together without raising prices over the last few years. Best of luck to MCD and Oxegen, again it's more choice for punters.

As for the weather and security, well we've dealt with both these complaints a number of times but no harm in discussing them again. We were the first festival to open its doors after the Swedish House Mafia gig so we had to enforce things a little stricter than we normally would. If someone has a complaint about a particular security individual, please bring it to us by all means but if the complaint is about 'the security' I'm afraid there's very little we can work on with that.

The weather was unavoidable. It was a wet summer, and we had planned for a wet festival. What we hadn't planned for, and what the weather forecasters themselves couldn't plan for, was an 36 hour downpour where it bucketed down. We did our absolute best considering the circumstances. You have to remember that these small boutique festivals don't have the financial clout to spend €30k on short notice to strengthen the site in those conditions, €99 for a full weekend camping puts paid to that.

If anyone has any queries/suggestions/complaints they can mail info@curvemusicmanagement.ie

ThankYou
    #indie13

Do ye know when you are gonna start announcing acts for this year?

• Advertisement

Do ye know when you are gonna start announcing acts for this year?
    Yes :)

Fingers crossed for March.

Ah great , if the line up is anything last year i shall be attending :) Even with Oxegen the same weekend and only 15 mins away i will still rather drive the 2 hour or so drive to cork instead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 larryolaoi

The quote I made about the weather was in jest but not the one about the unfriendly security. There should have been a separate express line for people going in without gear. As for the weather I would be more inclined to wait and see and buy tickets at the last minute. Was on a stag weekend so had no choice but to stick it out, in spite of all the problems we had a good one eventually. Good luck this year hope the issues get ironed out.

As for Oxegen, we've known about it with some time. We welcome it. We got into this game years ago to hopefully give music lovers something we didn't have when growing up - CHOICE!

We've grown it each year and kept the cost model the same so hopefully when the line up arrives people will recognise the quality in there and the hard work we've put in to putting it together without raising prices over the last few years. Best of luck to MCD and Oxegen, again it's more choice for punters.

As for the weather and security, well we've dealt with both these complaints a number of times but no harm in discussing them again. We were the first festival to open its doors after the Swedish House Mafia gig so we had to enforce things a little stricter than we normally would. If someone has a complaint about a particular security individual, please bring it to us by all means but if the complaint is about 'the security' I'm afraid there's very little we can work on with that.

The weather was unavoidable. It was a wet summer, and we had planned for a wet festival. What we hadn't planned for, and what the weather forecasters themselves couldn't plan for, was an 36 hour downpour where it bucketed down. We did our absolute best considering the circumstances. You have to remember that these small boutique festivals don't have the financial clout to spend €30k on short notice to strengthen the site in those conditions, €99 for a full weekend camping puts paid to that.

If anyone has any queries/suggestions/complaints they can mail info@curvemusicmanagement.ie

ThankYou
    #indie13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

If there was this Scottish band called The Twilight Sad on your line-up I would actually pay you 1000 Euro in person. I don't have 1000 but I'd sell my pet dog and make my GF go on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Thanks Nocoverart for just introducing me to The Twilight Sad, Jesus they are Brilliant...........Have spent the day passing them on to others who love music !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

rodge68 wrote: »
    Thanks Nocoverart for just introducing me to The Twilight Sad, Jesus they are Brilliant...........Have spent the day passing them on to others who love music !!!

Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters is a masterpiece of an album :p

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

is there any places to rent around mitchelstown for around 6 lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Think either 12th or 15th of April

One more headliner to be announced tomorrow, the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.facebook.com/INDIEPENDENCEFEST/posts/10151512573866545
    Delighted to announce that Bell X1 will headline Saturday August 3rd at INDIEPENDENCE. Their new album Chop Chop was No. 1 last week and we can't wait to see them make their first appearance at INDIE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

anyone know how much the one day tickets will be? they're on sale on the 11th but it does'nt say the price

• Advertisement

This is wonderful. Thanks to the guys at Zombie for this

Just noticed that I'm in this (very drunk and having the craic)! Looking forward to this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

The day breakdown has been released but will a stage breakdown be released as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

The day breakdown has been released but will a stage breakdown be released as well?

That will probably come in a few days once everything is finalised.

Advertisement