Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm looking forward to this festival over any other this year. Have never made it because I've always had to work on the Bank Holiday weekend.

I'm amazed that people complain about the lineup given the price! It's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this festival over any other this year. Have never made it because I've always had to work on the Bank Holiday weekend.

I'm amazed that people complain about the lineup given the price! It's a bargain.

I'm amazed people can't respect other people's opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Beardyman, King Kong Company and Feeder will be the highlights for me.
    Much better line-up imo then last year. If ASIWYFA were playing again I'd be thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

really great line-up, noticed that the mid-section was bumped up a bit too. hopefully will make it down this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Do tickets usually sell fast or would there be a few around a month in advance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Do tickets usually sell fast or would there be a few around a month in advance?

Hasn't sold out the last few years but with Oxegen gone this year who nows how fast tickets will sell

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    INDIE12 will have a 1am bar license like last year! So, everyone can drink nice and sensibly as there's no rush with a 10pm closing like lots of other events! Happy Friday!

From Indiependence Facebook page : "On Thursday, we shall be announcing some of the acts playing the Bacardi Oakheart Arena, as well as another couple of main stage acts and a few more to boot! Stay tuned!"

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭bazalicous

NICE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭bazalicous

From Indiependence Facebook page : "On Thursday, we shall be announcing some of the acts playing the Bacardi Oakheart Arena, as well as another couple of main stage acts and a few more to boot! Stay tuned!"

Bring back Cian 'DJ Church Healy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Oh janey mack can't wait for this next announcement

hopefully it'll have us chomping at the bit

Anyone going to have a guess at who the third headliner's going to be?

Anyone going to have a guess at who the third headliner's going to be?

Coronas?

We Are Scientists finish there mini tour of the UK on August 1st hopefully they pop over here for INDIE

Coronas?

We Are Scientists finish there mini tour of the UK on August 1st hopefully they pop over here for INDIE

Very unlikely as WAS just played Camden Crawl last week but I'd love to be wrong! :D

Coronas are playing the Marquee so it definitely won't be them

deisedude wrote: »
    Very unlikely as they just played Camden Crawl last week but I'd love to be wrong! :D

I hope you are wrong :p . Maybe not as headliners but i just have a feeling they might turn up .

I hope you are wrong :p . Maybe not as headliners but i just have a feeling they might turn up .

Maybe just maybe Franz Ferdinand might headline. They are playing a gig in the Roisin Dubh in Galway this Friday so don't think they are out of reach for Indiependence

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival:
    This is definitely festival weather. Site walk is in order we think, figure out where we are going to put the new camping areas, Bacardi Oakheart, Red Bull Bedroom Jam etc etc etc Some artist updates tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival:
    This is definitely festival weather. Site walk is in order we think, figure out where we are going to put the new camping areas, Bacardi Oakheart, Red Bull Bedroom Jam etc etc etc Some artist updates tomorrow!
    British Sea Power and Foals DJ set amongst more added....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

British Sea Power
    Foals DJ set
    Horse Meat Disco
    Fish Go Deep
    The Pale
    The Last Days of 1984
    Zombie Computer
    The Gandhis
    The Shoos

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Delighted with the new additions. Personally Foals are one of my favourite bands and we've tried with a long time to get them over but timing's never worked so having them DJ is great and hopefully they enjoy it so next year they'll come back and play the main stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Delighted with the new additions. Personally Foals are one of my favourite bands and we've tried with a long time to get them over but timing's never worked so having them DJ is great and hopefully they enjoy it so next year they'll come back and play the main stage.

For me, you's seriosuly got the wow factor with British Sea Power - hands down one of the best bands I've ever seen live. Very well done on that one.

I'd be thrilled if you's managed to get acts like Allo Darlin' , Beth Jeans Houghton or some of the emerging irish acts like The Hot Sprockets, The Radioactive Grandma or The Candidates. That would be pretty knock out if you's pulled them out of the hat!

How many stages will there be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.facebook.com/INDIEPENDENCEFEST/posts/10150814619731545
    INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    We'll be announcing another 10 acts next week! Thursday in fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fair play on getting British Sea Power, blew me away few years ago when i saw them at Oxegen. Kudo's on Foals dj set too, a pity it wasn't them performing live, but fair play all the same.

There's going to be 5 different stages, or rather 4 stages and an "area".

The area looks like the mutt's nuts

What songs do people recommend of British Sea Power , ive heard of them but never listened to them

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

What songs do people recommend of British Sea Power , ive heard of them but never listened to them

My personal favourites - Remember Me, Carrion , Waving Flags, It ended on an Oily Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Neil Hamilton of BSP nearly decapitated me at their Academy gig a few years back. He wrapped gaffa tape round my neck, rolled it out, wrapped the other end round his leg and dived into the crowd. My buddy had to cut the feckin tape otherwise he'd have had me neck off.

Good band, but a bit unhinged.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

So excited for the festival this year. Been the past 2 and it feels like my child is all grown up and is goin to his debs

My personal favourites - Remember Me, Carrion , Waving Flags, It ended on an Oily Stage

Can't forget No Lucifer, my personal fave.

• Advertisement

There's going to be 5 different stages, or rather 4 stages and an "area".

The area looks like the mutt's nuts

What does the "area" consist of?

Advertisement