Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSI Refund

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 murph82

i received my letter 4th september telling me how much i was owed and that a cheque was on the way,6 weeks later and i have yet to receive it,wasted lots of time and mobile credit trying to follow it up,this country is a joke,the number they give you is an automated answering machine,the fax number is useless,the followup letter you send just falls into the back pile,i am getting seriously worried as the cheque is a fair amount,hate this country,run by idiots from the top down,rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭~Trixiebelle~

murph82 wrote: »
    i received my letter 4th september telling me how much i was owed and that a cheque was on the way,6 weeks later and i have yet to receive it,wasted lots of time and mobile credit trying to follow it up,this country is a joke,the number they give you is an automated answering machine,the fax number is useless,the followup letter you send just falls into the back pile,i am getting seriously worried as the cheque is a fair amount,hate this country,run by idiots from the top down,rant over

My bf got his later dated the 11th of sept and only received the cheque on weds... Hopefully yours was in the same batch and you receive very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Are they still processing February claims?

Of the people who recently got their refund what date did you send in your claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 murph82

hi,i sent mine off around january,they are still processing february,dont bother to ring them up as all you will be greeted with an automated answering machine,still waiting for my cheque,definitely gone missing in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sfry

I sent in details end feb for a refund and havent heard anything yet. Has anyone got a contact number for them where you can talk to somebody and not get the answering machine. Mine is to do with the medical card and is def due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

I put in for mine in feb and still havent hear anything, its a bit of a joke that they rint taking calls in relation to this,
    People should have a call centre to call for details or a website to go to, its not right that you just send on your details by post and then just wait till there ready to tell you what you are owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 byrnesylimk

I sent mine off the last week in feb got the cheques last Friday and got the letter to say I was due a cheque yesterday. Had nearly given up at this stage so was a nice surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

It will have been stamped the date it was received.

And who's to say it was ever received? Super-easy for them to say it never arrived. Also entirely possible that it never did.

Tempted to send a follow-up letter by registered post to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

We applied last December and got letter and cheque early October this year.

They have eventually moved on to March claims. It only took them 3 months to process Februarys claims.

I might eventually get my claim some time this century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my scenario:

I got a letter back yesterday saying I was not entitled to any refund due to the fact that my earnings were over 26,000.
    For two of the three years they were not (my P60 proves this) and I earned more than €500 in all of the weeks worked BUT because I had income from my farm (very little) they added this to my employment income and that brought me over €26,000.

I thought because I had been 'over charged' on my PAYE income I should be entitled to money back on these earnings? When the accountant was calculating the tax I had to pay on the farm he added the profit I made on the farm to what I earned in employment and took away the PAYE that I had already paid etc etc to calculate the tax I owe.

Surely even doing this, does not take away from the fact that I was overcharged on my PAYE wages and am due a refund? I tried to call the office but no reply.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arnold72

dont know much about farms but i only got 6 weeks money got the medical card november only qualify for the weeks you have it for the year .... if your a 26000 plus earner
    if you earned 501 a week by 52 is 26052 = no entitlement is it not ... if you went over 500 on selected weeks and overall was under 26000 you get refunded for those selected weeks ,
    even with my scenario I earned well over 26000 but thought seeing as i had the card id get the money back ,,no doesnt work like that . my scenario would mean id get a couple of grand its only designed for the 26000 and under so couple hundred is what people get back , this may help it may not just getting it off my chest , your right to keep looking for it though i asked twice got turned down twice ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Seaba wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my scenario:

I got a letter back yesterday saying I was not entitled to any refund due to the fact that my earnings were over 26,000.
    For two of the three years they were not (my P60 proves this) and I earned more than €500 in all of the weeks worked BUT because I had income from my farm (very little) they added this to my employment income and that brought me over €26,000.

I thought because I had been 'over charged' on my PAYE income I should be entitled to money back on these earnings? When the accountant was calculating the tax I had to pay on the farm he added the profit I made on the farm to what I earned in employment and took away the PAYE that I had already paid etc etc to calculate the tax I owe.

Surely even doing this, does not take away from the fact that I was overcharged on my PAYE wages and am due a refund? I tried to call the office but no reply.
    Thanks!

26k is all income

Did your accountant return PRSI seperately on your farm income?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

26k is all income

Did your accountant return PRSI seperately on your farm income?

Yes, just spoke to him and he did return PRSI seperately for the farm income.
    Thats good, isn't it?! :)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Seaba wrote: »
    Yes, just spoke to him and he did return PRSI seperately for the farm income.
    Thats good, isn't it?! :)
    Thanks

Its good in that you havnt underpaid anyway! -- But i'd say if Total income incl farm income was > 26k you have paid the right amount

Have you asked your accountant to look at it?

my prsi refund cheque came this morning, only took 9 months but at least it came and will put a major hole in Christmas

Dan82 wrote: »
    my prsi refund cheque came this morning, only took 9 months but at least it came and will put a major hole in Christmas

When did you apply?

I applied in March so hopefully not long to wait now :mad:

faoile@n wrote: »
    When did you apply?

I applied in March so hopefully not long to wait now :mad:

I taught it was end of feb but could have been march

Dan82 wrote: »
    I taught it was end of feb but could have been march

Fair enough cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 myself12

faoile i sent you a number to ring yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

myself12 wrote: »
    faoile i sent you a number to ring yesterday

What is this number?

i got through to the prsi section yesterday its a different number then the one on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dollarbills

Received my cheque yesterday after applying in the 1st week of March. Lovely surprise just before christmas....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

i got through to the prsi section yesterday its a different number then the one on the website

Hi Myself,

I was just wondering if you got any information in regard to your refund when you got through to the prsi section or just a general idea of what they were able to tell you. I'd like to ring them myself because I applied the last week of February and I still haven't heard anything back at all. I'm 99% sure that I'm due a refund but do they still send you a letter to notify you even if you're not? Is there any point in ringing and if so, could you please pm me the number you got through to them on?

Many thanks

I sent my application in the first week of March and got my cheque today :D

€250 was my refund for 2008.

Only took 8 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bigburd

Can you send me that number? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

bigburd wrote: »

Can you send me that number? Thanks

Can you send it to me too please ?

There working on the 20th March today.

Letter came in the post yesterday saying i was due a LARGE refund but it will take the next 3 to 4 weeks to receive my cheque. Lets hope its here before xmas would come in handy right now.

• Advertisement

They seem to have gotten through March quick enough, hopefully they've gotten through the bulk of them. I only applied in May :(

Advertisement