Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSI Refund

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Hi Folks, I sent off my details to the Dept. of Social & Family Affairs the day after it was announced in January. I know it's a bit late now, but could someone tell me if I'm eligible for the refund?

I was working for the summer of 2010 in a factory doing shift work 7 days a week while I was off college. So most weeks I was on over €500, but obviously as I only worked for about 3 months I didn't earn anywhere near the €26000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I sent off my details to the Dept. of Social & Family Affairs the day after it was announced in January. I know it's a bit late now, but could someone tell me if I'm eligible for the refund?

I was working for the summer of 2010 in a factory doing shift work 7 days a week while I was off college. So most weeks I was on over €500, but obviously as I only worked for about 3 months I didn't earn anywhere near the €26000.

Yes, you're the classic example of someone who is due a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

faoile@n wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much was overpaid for each A1 week?

Was it €10/€20 etc?

Can anyone answer this?

I know I am entitled to a refund I'm just wondering how much for each A1 week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Does anyone know how much was overpaid for each A1 week?

Was it €10/€20 etc?

Can anyone answer this?

I know I am entitled to a refund I'm just wondering how much for each A1 week?

An A1 week means the gross pay for that week was >€500, and the rate of health levy was 2% from Jan-Apr 2009, and 4% from May 2009 - December 2010.

So it'll be at least €10 per week (500 @ 2%) from jan-apr, or €20 per week from may onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

I just checked the letter I sent into the PRSI guys and it is dated 30th Jan 2012. So I would gues that I had it in the post the next day or so. From reading the posts on this forum I may not hold my breath given that the Refunds section are probably only on mid December at this stage.

I wish they would give you a clear idea of how long you will be waiting for a refund. I know I'm entitled to in or around €300 refund which would come in handy about now. I'll give it until about mid-May before I hear from them. Difficulty is that I'll be moving house in early June so hoping it arrives before then or else I'll have a lil bit of hassle getting the post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

They're now only processing November applicants according to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Myself and a few others applied mid November and haven't heard anything back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Myself and a few others applied mid November and haven't heard anything back yet

As supernova84 above said, they are only processing novembers now. So you should here back soon I would think.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    As supernova84 above said, they are only processing novembers now. So you should here back soon I would think.

I just checked their site and as of 13/03/2012 they were processing refund applications received in November 2011 so since I sent mine in late Jan/early Feb I'm not holding my breath. Check out the Social Welfare website on http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/PRSI/Pages/refundhealthlevy.aspx for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Have you heard anything back yet? Just trying to get a handle on how long the waiting times are currently.... I only applied at the start of February so another while to go yet by the looks of things!

EDIT: just saw your post now lang... November 2011 ones still! Hopefully they are just not updating their website!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Have you heard anything back yet? Just trying to get a handle on how long the waiting times are currently.... I only applied at the start of February so another while to go yet by the looks of things!

EDIT: just saw your post now lang... November 2011 ones still! Hopefully they are just not updating their website!

I haven't myself but my sister got a cheque last week and i applied just a few days after her

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

I haven't myself but my sister got a cheque last week and i applied just a few days after her

we were november too heard nothing yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

busymom31 wrote: »

I applied in November aswell and received my refund today of 549 euro :D

Rafa1977 wrote: »

Fair Play!! Always good to be getting 'free' money these days. Don't think I'm entitled to that much but anything will come in handy over the next few months. Will just have to sit tight over next few months it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    busymom31 wrote: »

delighted to see ppl are getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Any number to ring them on?

Tried 01 6732586.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

RoverZT wrote: »
    Any number to ring them on?

Tried 01 6732586.

Would also be intrested to know this, sent my request away in November with a mates ad he heard back a month and a half later while I am still waiting? Snet another in Jan and still havent heard anything yet while other I know sent theirs in dec / nov and have heard back already. All form the same locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

hightower1 wrote: »
    Would also be intrested to know this, sent my request away in November with a mates ad he heard back a month and a half later while I am still waiting? Snet another in Jan and still havent heard anything yet while other I know sent theirs in dec / nov and have heard back already. All form the same locality.

I wouldn't bother sending in a 2nd request, just ring them, as they will check it on file for you. I know a lot of people have been ringing and may not always get an answer due to some many requests coming in, but one of wifes friends applied about a week after me and has heard nothing but rang them on Tuesday and got through eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 truckerswife

hi guys i sent mine in feb of this yr,haven't heard anything yet, but just been reading through post and im so mad this was known before announced in Jan cause i was on Maternity leave in 2007 and now have missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lizzie051

I sent in a refund claim on the 2nd of December 2011 and still haven't heard anything -I have also tried to ring the Dublin number numerous times on numerous days and cant get through... any other suggestions - Do you think I should send it again!!

• Advertisement

As I'm moving house at the end of this month (and still haven't heard anthing back from the Department) I am about to send off another letter to the Department with the change of address. As I won't have access to my currently address after moving out I am anxious that any refund is sent to my new address. I'm sending this letter in by Registered Post so I know that they've received the letter. I'm also thinking of getting An Post to re-direct my mail (at a cost of €60 for 3 months) as a 'Just-in-case'.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

Has anyone go their refund recently. I tried to call them and got the recorded message that they are processing the applications that they received in November, its the same recorded message that has been on for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I sent my application at the end of October and I think I got my refund in January or February.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

They have started December claims now according to their Welfare.ie page, although it took them a long time to get through November so i won't hold my breath, my claim was dated 1st Dec.

I sent mine in on the 2nd December so fingers crossed we wont be waiting that long!!!!!

Have anyone used this site - I am told it only takes 6 weeks for them to get a refund???? www.redoaktaxrefunds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

I got a cheque this morning for €300, i sent in my letter on 1st Dec. I'll be out partying this weekend lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 truckerswife

congrats Rainbow kitty, its a pitty they are slow i sent mine 1st wk en feb, god it will be nearly xmas before i get mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

lizzie051 wrote: »
    Have anyone used this site - I am told it only takes 6 weeks for them to get a refund???? www.redoaktaxrefunds.ie

No, not in this case. DSP are going through the claims in the order they got them and so there's few shortcuts.
    I actually used the 'complaint' form to the webmaster on the DSP site to advise them that it might ease the enquiries if they updated where they were at in the block of work. I got a phonecall back and the lady in question (Liz) was extremely nice and professional (as they are) and explained that unfortunately they are having to go through every single application and then send letters advising of entitlement. That unfortunately even includes the muppets (40-50%) who have clearly no basis for a refund; but still have to have letters sent to them.
    I advised them to update where they were at in their workload as even though they could still be on say October or November applications, they had last updated the website in mid-March; which confuses people.
    Considering that they could be getting a lot of stick from people for delays on legitimate applications (like many of yours and mine), I think frustration would be best vented to the Minister who perhaps could have letters to those 40-50% frivolous applications delayed until those who are genuinely eligible are dealt with. Or not to send letters at all. Why should stupid muppets who can't work out basic entitlements get priority over genuine claimants? The DSP staff are no doubt working very hard but their results are being diluted by muppets, including a few on Boards, who can't read basic prerequisites....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 arnold72

sorry this is in reply to a question , mine was posted middle of november 2011

i sent mine in same time , phoned them up very nice to talk to , said huge backlog , they will prioritise if urgent , if not was told another 6 months at least , got cheque just there , not anything near what i expected as in small , i had good earnings but qualify under the medical card , not sure if its a refund just of prsi overpayed or health levy payed , is there any way of calculating exactly or close to what one would be owed , how is it done? love to know thanks. is it 2 % of employee prsi ? is it 2 % of total gross yearly pay , i know im over the 500 euro a week on all weeks anyway , please hepl lol

Advertisement