Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Yves Lavigne looks jittery

WTF Was that?
    Sonnen had about as much chance as I did when he was anywhere but on top of him on the ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

396817_10151069254291276_819867165_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's surely the end of mixed martial malarkey. Go for a spinning fist and you'll get everything short of that fist up the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Batista to make MMA debut in October
    After nearly three years in the making, former WWE wrestling star Dave Batista will finally get in a cage and compete in mixed martial arts this October.

According to a report from TMZ, Batista will be competing at a show called the CES MMA League on October 6th at the Duncan Donuts Theater in Providence, Rhode Island. His opponent is called Rashid Evans (not Rashad before you get excited).

It was heavily rumoured in 2010 that Batista was on the verge of signing for the Strikeforce promotion, but that soon came to an end once Zuffa purchased the organization.

Even though Dave Batista is 43 years old, he will definitely be a huge draw for the smaller promotion. The fight with Evans is apparently going to be shown on live television, although the network has not been announced yet.

Rashid “Smash” Evans is, like Batista, making his professional debut. He has fought three fights as an amateur – going 1-2.

More on this when we have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Anyone watching UFC 149???

Anyone watching UFC 149???

Heard they put on their own version of December to Dismember. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Was it a bloodbath then? Sure that stuff's all fake anyway! ;) Nah, I couldn't stay awake yesterday.

rovert wrote: »

It can't have been that bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

rovert wrote: »
    Nah, it was an average card.

• Advertisement

Nah, it was an average card.

Depends what you consider the card. Main card is wjat I am referring to.

Boetsch vs Lombard absolutely sucked to quote The Rock. Kongo vs Jordon was about as entertaining as watching two old men waltz.
    Hope the Main Event will be better than those two shams.
    Nice to see Bret in the crowd, pity Natalia or Kidd will pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Good card=good fights shocker!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

CM Punk going off again on his twitter, after Jon jones refused to fight Chael sonnen for the title because Hendo had to pull out!
    CM Punk ‏@CMPunk

Ok keyboard kids. Tell me what I do is fake, but at least I have heart. The irony is tangible. Who's phony now??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

This is a BIG blow to UFC, and to the guy they were trying to make the face of the company. Dont forget, UFC sponsors Jon jones exclusively.

Tinie wrote: »
    CM Punk going off again on his twitter, after Jon jones refused to fight Chael sonnen for the title because Hendo had to pull out!

Don't know why he'd refuse to fight Chael he'd kill him and nearly everything is in his advantage. He is already in training-chael isn't, he is at his weight-chael is moving up and oul dana is blaming 'sport killer' greg jackson. Pity Hendo couldn't have fought him it feels like it was now or never and I badly wanted to see him land a H-bomb on Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

He does pro wrestling so much better than pro wrestling.

• Advertisement

Now its Jones vs Belfort @ 152?
    What a sucky fight.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Now its Jones vs Belfort @ 152?
    What a sucky fight.

Well anyone going watching tonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

GTR63 wrote: »
    Well anyone going watching tonite?

Yeah just got up to watch it now. Got Sky in during the week too so handy not having to look for streams!

Really hoping Belfort does it, doubtful he will though.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Only watched the main event, will catch the rest later. Jones is a beast, can't see him being beat for quite a while now.

The Ufc cards this year have been so predictable and pure boring. Belfort never had a chance vs Jones particularly when Belfort threw so few punches. The 125lb fight went to a decision WOW what a shock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Batista's MMA debut is this saturday against Rashid Evans, just in case anyone was interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Tinie wrote: »
    Batista's MMA debut is this saturday against Rashid Evans, just in case anyone was interested.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on. I think it's against a different opponent now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

will it be on tv anywhere?

Batista has an MMA fight with a Micky Mouse promotion tonight. Too much to recap but they are spending out their ass to put it on real Pay Per View, sold **** all tickets and Batista's original opponent got arrested. So here is the guy he is fighting at short notice:

A4fZ26oCAAMne_W.jpg

Imagine if Batista loses? :eek:

Appearances can be deceiving however he has had a fair few wins: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vince-Lucero-4009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I have heard many words being used to describe Hulk Hogan over the years, but not normal! Anyway, to my other boarders who stayed up to watch Batista, I bid thee goodnight.

Advertisement