Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

irishbarb wrote: »
    The Royle Family Christmas Special is on Gold right now, watching it :)
    Going to switch it on, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

The Royle Family Christmas Special is on Gold right now, watching it :)

Own dem all. Only one I canni watch is nanna's death. Cos they play Scarlet Ribbons. My mammy used to sing me to sleep every nite wi that. And she has been so ill me growin up it is just a bit 'ah no can't do'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I moved recently to a bigger house and now I can see all my Christmas DVD's together on the shelf - soooo tempted to start watching them....... Must control the urge....

hdowney wrote: »
    Own dem all. Only one I canni watch is nanna's death. Cos they play Scarlet Ribbons. My mammy used to sing me to sleep every nite wi that. And she has been so ill me growin up it is just a bit 'ah no can't do'
    That is a hard one to watch. I have the box set too, I must dig it out :)
    Love2love wrote: »
    I moved recently to a bigger house and now I can see all my Christmas DVD's together on the shelf - soooo tempted to start watching them....... Must control the urge....
    Don't! :D I'm going to start watching all things Chrismassy to get me better motivated for present buying, well it's my excuse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

Mr.Bean Christmas episode just started on Comedy Central +1 right now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

There's a Christmas episode of "Murder She Wrote" on right now - gotta hand it to the Americans - even when there's murder in Cabot Cove the decorations & carols are top notch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

089bh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

089bh.jpg

aaaaaw this was when we had all the snow I presume?:pac:

Lovely pic :)

Guys not long now til September - I think we can start getting really excited then cos we're heading into the 4th quarter of the year and closer to the big day:D

Also, X Factor starts back this weekend - Christmas is coming!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Set a date today for putting up the Tree for Christmas 2012.

The mother is going to stay with her sister in Perth for 3 months and is leaving next week. She asked if we could have our tree up for when she arrives back in Ireland on November 27th. I'm happy to oblige as its only a few days earlier than I would have put up the decorations anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Holiday's are coming Holiday's are coming....

I am so sad that my tree will be up for no time at all this year, but happy to be going to Paris. Grr

I was late night shopping in town this evening and I was so excited when it started getting dark at 7pm!! OK it was really because of a huge raincloud but still.... It felt really Christmassy!!!:D

I was late night shopping in town this evening and I was so excited when it started getting dark at 7pm!! OK it was really because of a huge raincloud but still.... It felt really Christmassy!!!:D

Love it:D Everyone thinks I'm nuts cos I say I prefer winter to summer - but it's just cos the weather is so 'christmassy' - by that I don't exactly mean snowy (although that's great!) but I mean wet and windy and dark early - I know, I'm such a freak:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Love it:D Everyone thinks I'm nuts cos I say I prefer winter to summer - but it's just cos the weather is so 'christmassy' - by that I don't exactly mean snowy (although that's great!) but I mean wet and windy and dark early - I know, I'm such a freak:D

You're certainly not a freak on this forum, I also prefer Winter to Summer, bring on the dark wintery nights, nothing like snuggling up at home in front of the fire while the weather is awful outside :D

lockie1983 wrote: »
    You're certainly not a freak on this forum, I also prefer Winter to Summer, bring on the dark wintery nights, nothing like snuggling up at home in front of the fire while the weather is awful outside :D
    You could say the same about our summer :D I agree with you though, at least the winter is somewhat consistent, cold and miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

i love the winter my idea of heaven is snuggled on the sofa in my big duvet:D with a cadbury selection box:D and my christmas tree lights twinkling away :D.....soon but not yet.....LOL

i love the winter my idea of heaven is snuggled on the sofa in my big duvet:D with a cadbury selection box:D and my christmas tree lights twinkling away :D.....soon but not yet.....LOL

Plus a great Christmas film! Can't wait. Roll on 1st December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Another winter fan here! Much prefer it to Summer.
    Loved getting wrapped up in scarves and hats!

But I have to agree, people think you are stone mad to be that way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Love Love Love the winter because Christmas falls then but autumn is my favourite season. I can't wait for the leaves to start changing colour and the mornings to get frostier, stomping through dead leaves with the kids squeeeeeeeeeee it makes me so happy :).
    Signs of Christmas coming xfactor started tonight by the time its over CHRISTMAS:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A3151005%3A1054%3A24%2D12%2D2011%3A

Love it - last years Joe Duffy show from Grafton Street - listen to it every Christmas Eve:D:pac::)

• Advertisement

I found one of my "Now Christmas" compilations earlier today while I was cleaning out some stuff I have been hoarding. I haven't played it yet, in case the OH thinks I've lost the plot. I'll wait till he isn't around and I'll confuse the hell out of my neighbours :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Zoria wrote: »
    I found one of my "Now Christmas" compilations earlier today while I was cleaning out some stuff I have been hoarding. I haven't played it yet, in case the OH thinks I've lost the plot. I'll wait till he isn't around

Sounds like you're planning on cheating on your OH with Christmas! :eek: :P

Eeeekkkk!!!! Pick up a pair of kids Christmas PJ's yesterday in Penneys! That would be my first item with Christmas on it bought this year!! It's started :D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

leahyl wrote: »
    Love it:D Everyone thinks I'm nuts cos I say I prefer winter to summer... I know, I'm such a freak:D
    lockie1983 wrote: »
    Oh, I LOVE the winter too! It's brilliant! :)
    Wrapping up warm in scarves and gloves, woolly jumpers, hot chocolates, fluffy socks, the dark evenings, mulled wine by the fire, the prospect of Christmas around the corner, the gradual appearance of trees and the twinkling of the lights... eeek! :D

Eeeekkkk!!!! Pick up a pair of kids Christmas PJ's yesterday in Penneys! That would be my first item with Christmas on it bought this year!! It's started :D:D:D

Did they actually have Christmassy things on them, or were they just the thick wooly ones? Can't believe they have Christmassy stuff out already! :D

Did they actually have Christmassy things on them, or were they just the thick wooly ones? Can't believe they have Christmassy stuff out already! :D

They have a Christmas scene on it with the word 'Christmas'' on it :)

They have a Christmas scene on it with the word 'Christmas'' on it :)

:-O :-D

I came across women's t-shirts on a website I like that say ''Meet me under the mistletoe'' on them. Must be last year's stock cause they were on sale for €5, but I'm tempted to get a few as presents for friends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Nothing better than coming home on a cold winters night having a hot bath then curling up in front of the TV with the fire lit, decent food, Christmas lights on, good company, and that whole buzz of Christmas lingering around the house :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Next week is September and 1. Argos will have their Christmas catalogue in store, 2. It will only be 3 months to Christmas and 3. Christmas things will start to appear in the shops.

I can't believe how close it is! Is anyone getting excited!!! :D

Advertisement