Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Next week is September and 1. Argos will have their Christmas catalogue in store, 2. It will only be 3 months to Christmas and 3. Christmas things will start to appear in the shops.

I can't believe how close it is! Is anyone getting excited!!! :D

:):):):)yes oh yes i cant wait :):):)It cant come quick enough for me :D:D:D:D: and I have been a good girl all year;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Soooo glad I have found this forum! Like all of you I just love Christmas.

As soon as August comes toward an end, Christmas is all I can think of, oh the excitment of it :)

Only an hour ago I was sitting in my apartment trying to figure out where I will put the Christmas Tree (moved in in March and kitchen/sitting room is small)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

tartlet wrote: »

As soon as August comes toward an end, Christmas is all I can think of, oh the excitment of it :)

Only an hour ago I was sitting in my apartment trying to figure out where I will put the Christmas Tree (moved in in March and kitchen/sitting room is small)

Mother of God the military operation I will have to execute in order to have a place for my tree :( I not looking forward to that.

I do love that everytime I open the press I get a waft of the booze in the Christmas Pudding :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tartlet wrote: »

haha, NO WAY just a couple of hours ago, myself and my girlfriend just had the exact same conversation about where to put the Christmas tree in our apartment which we moved into in March as well!

We've decided on a spot for now, obviously it could change once the tree goes up, really looking forward to decorating my own place this year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

lockie1983 wrote: »
    haha, NO WAY just a couple of hours ago, myself and my girlfriend just had the exact same conversation about where to put the Christmas tree in our apartment which we moved into in March as well!

We've decided on a spot for now, obviously it could change once the tree goes up, really looking forward to decorating my own place this year! :)

I moved into a new house back in June and the first thing I thought about was were the Christmas tree would go!! And what furniture I would have to move in order to get maximum viewing potential :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm currently looking to buy my first home - no luck yet though :-( I'm buying on my own but still would like to decorate my own place even though I'd be going home for Christmas obv!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

I'm sure there are some here who does 'Operation Christmas Child', where you fill a shoe box with little gifts to send to a child in a third world country. Details for 'Operation Christmas Child' 2012 are up now :)

http://www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk/

I use to do it but now I do it for a child I know who is a friend of a friend. The hardest part is picking something that his parents can't sell on :(

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brown Thomas has Christmas trees!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm currently looking to buy my first home - no luck yet though :-( I'm buying on my own but still would like to decorate my own place even though I'd be going home for Christmas obv!

Oh Good luck with the house buying leahyl - how exciting!
    Ya I decorate my own place but it's home to the mammy at Christmas!!

Posy, I was just about to post about BT and their trees. I saw a pic on Facebook and all the replies were giving out!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy, I was just about to post about BT and their trees. I saw a pic on Facebook and all the replies were giving out!!

Yea not every one loves Christmas like us nuts! haha. And to be fair some families are prob under so much financial pressure they wouldn't even want to think about Christmas so early.

But if people are under financial pressure, they should be planning early to avoid December stress!
    (but if your say that outside this forum, you just get pelted with garbage!)

Posy wrote: »
    But if people are under financial pressure, they should be planning early to avoid December stress!
    (but if your say that outside this forum, you just get pelted with garbage!)

That's happened to you too!! :eek: :p

I know it would make more sense to start planning now, but with some people it really is a case of out of sight out of mind and trying their best to ignore the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I have to start early, I've so many birthdays in the run up to Christmas if I left it all to the one time I'd be so broke.
    Going to see about getting bits and pieces soon, something every week once into Sept/Oct and it makes the money a bit more manageable I find. Once I don't forget (like I have done) that I've bought someone something and end up getting them something else as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Posy wrote: »
    Brown Thomas has Christmas trees!! :D

Are they real trees? If not they don't count. Sorry.

juan.kerr wrote: »

Course they count! It's anything Christmassy out of season.

Of course they're not! They're indoors in August! :p

The tree on O'Connell Street, Dublin isn't real but it doesn't stop me being ridiculously excited when it goes up every year!
    I've never had a real tree because they make someone in my family sneeze, plus I have a cat who would try chewing it and his little paws and fur would get pine-needles in them. Also, I put my tree up the end of November and a real tree just wouldn't last that long!

Real or artificial, anything Christmassy makes me happy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

We need to ban fake Christmas trees.

No we don't, nothing wrong with them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

I am so happy I found this forum!!
    Big Christmas fan here. Start thinking about it around September.

It's great there are other fans here too!

star-pants wrote: »
    No we don't, nothing wrong with them :)

Agreed! :) Only ever had fake Christmas trees, easier to store, maintenance, cleaner, longevity, could go on and on and on... but I won't, I'm tired :P

Ideally I would love a real tree but tradition in my house is to put our tree up the night that the lights are turned on in O'Connell Street and it would look dreadful in the Christmas morning photos :)

I love anything that slightly resembles anything Christmassy regardless whether its real or not :)

Agreed! :) Only ever had fake Christmas trees, easier to store, maintenance, cleaner, longevity, could go on and on and on... but I won't, I'm tired :P

Yes I have a fake tree. Growing up we always had fake trees (think it was a cost thing) so I never missed the pine tree smell, because we never had it.

I remember as a child, we had a silver tree. It was small and would sit on the table. Very happy memories of that tree!

How cool is it talking about Christmas trees in August?!! If you mention Christmas to 'normal' people now, they just groan!!

Yes I have a fake tree. Growing up we always had fake trees (think it was a cost thing) so I never missed the pine tree smell, because we never had it.

I remember as a child, we had a silver tree. It was small and would sit on the table. Very happy memories of that tree!

How cool is it talking about Christmas trees in August?!! If you mention Christmas to 'normal' people now, they just groan!!

It's very cool to be talking about Christmas trees in August! You're right its really refreshing to have somewhere to talk about Christmas all year round without people thinking you're crazy, haha.

Welcome to boards and you're very welcome to the Christmas forum, you're in safe hands here, everyone on this forum loves Christmas and everyone is lovely here!

The spirit of Christmas is well and alive in this forum :)

It's very cool to be talking about Christmas trees in August! You're right its really refreshing to have somewhere to talk about Christmas all year round without people thinking you're crazy, haha.

Welcome to boards and you're very welcome to the Christmas forum, you're in safe hands here, everyone on this forum loves Christmas and everyone is lovely here!

The spirit of Christmas is well and alive in this forum :)

Thanks so much Lockie. Yes, I think I'll be in my element here!

Let the Christmas spirit reign! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

Thems fightin' words there!:P

All my trees are "fake" and I don't care - I can have one up all year round and I'm not contributing to the annual dumpfest that festoons the side of the roads here in January. :D

Anyone else a real Christmas feel everytime it rains and gets darker?? Feeling real Christmassy here right now with the smell of stew and big dark clouds outside :D

Love2love wrote: »
    Anyone else a real Christmas feel everytime it rains and gets darker?? Feeling real Christmassy here right now with the smell of stew and big dark clouds outside :D

Yes! Last night it was quite dark at 9.30pm and it really felt like Christmas was around the corner.
    There was a chill in the air, that means Christmas isn't too far away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Only had a couple real trees in my life (couldn't never afford them tbh). One year when the tree came down, they were to be taken down to the council yard a couple mins from my house. The thing was bleedin heavy tho so my mate offered to carry it down. He was dragging it along over his shoulder when a SERIOUS gust of wind hit him and he fair near dislocated his shoulder! :o

Advertisement