Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    anyone else think that the change in weather (a bit cooler) and the dark nights and dark mornings are making it feel a little christmassy :o

Had the fire on last night and was curled up on the couch all I needed was the tree, few Christmas lights and a few Christmas adverts on the box :P

Ps. 94 days :)

Had the fire on last night and I was thinking the exact same as you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Spent the day shopping and you can really see all the Christmas stuff sneaking into shops. There was card holders / cards / santa letters / Christmas wrapping paper / bags and candles. I was actually looking for Christmas decorations but I haven't seen any yet. I just moved into a house from an apartment so I am very happy to decorate this year :D Looking for lots more.:pac:

I did visit the Christmas shop on the M50 Dublin. Actually great to walk around in. But alot of there stuff isn't plugged in / priced ect. What was out seem very expensive but it was lovely to walk around :D I expected it to be empty and I was a little embarrassed going in but there was lots of other people with the same idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

Love2love wrote: »
    Spent the day shopping and you can really see all the Christmas stuff sneaking into shops. There was card holders / cards / santa letters / Christmas wrapping paper / bags and candles. I was actually looking for Christmas decorations but I haven't seen any yet. I just moved into a house from an apartment so I am very happy to decorate this year :D Looking for lots more.:pac:

I did visit the Christmas shop on the M50 Dublin. Actually great to walk around in. But alot of there stuff isn't plugged in / priced ect. What was out seem very expensive but it was lovely to walk around :D I expected it to be empty and I was a little embarrassed going in but there was lots of other people with the same idea

Have you not been into Brown Thomas? They have lovely Giesela Graham & Kurt Adler decs......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

washiskin wrote: »
    Have you not been into Brown Thomas? They have lovely Gisela Graham & Kurt Adler decs......

I can't wait for this order to come in! :D I normally open each box saying, "Ooo I'll have one of them!... And them!... And that!" Build a little pile for myself before they even touch the shelves!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Alicat wrote: »
    Have you not been into Brown Thomas? They have lovely Gisela Graham & Kurt Adler decs......

I can't wait for this order to come in! :D I normally open each box saying, "Ooo I'll have one of them!... And them!... And that!" Build a little pile for myself before they even touch the shelves!

Never heard of Gisela Graham decs - I presume they are nice?!

• Advertisement

Just had that first real christmassy feeling! Its miserable weather and I just drove to gym, it's getting dark and lashing rain! Wish I was at home curled up on sofa!

leahyl wrote: »
    Never heard of Gisela Graham decs - I presume they are nice?!

Generally they have lovely pieces (interspaced with naff, overpriced stuff) so its very exciting each year to see what they come up with. I would have loved to see the brochure myself but my boss' wife did all the ordering this year :(

Have you not been into Brown Thomas? They have lovely Giesela Graham & Kurt Adler decs......

I have been trying to get into BT since you mention it and this damn weather keeps hampering my attempts. There is nothing online. Not that I want to shop for them online. I love going in and seeing all of the beautiful decorations and soaking up the atmosphere :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I pass Brown Thomas almost every day but I have resisted the urge to go into the Christmas shop so far. It's killing me not to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Shop at the mall near my house put up a beautiful window display of their Christmas village collection :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Possible Christmas Tree gone up outside our local library (real tree)... not sure yet...

Ooh oh oh! The excitement! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Getting so close now! Not long before this forum really kicks to life!! :)

Although it's been ticking along good all year this year. Remember the years the Christmas forum use to close in the Off-Season period!! :eek:

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Getting so close now! Not long before this forum really kicks to life!! :)

Although it's been ticking along good all year this year. Remember the years the Christmas forum use to close in the Off-Season period!! :eek:

:eek::eek: Really??! SCANDALOUS!

I remember those dark days. :(

Posy wrote: »
    I remember those dark days. :(

When we had no one else to talk to about Christmas and sat alone, humming Christmas tunes to ourselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

cookie75 wrote: »
    It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......

Sure is!

I've seen selection boxes / Christmas chocolate stuff out already, along with the likes of tins of Christmas shortbread etc.

Happy October one and all! Now lets get through Halloween and then the countdown can well and truly begin!! :D

Happy October one and all! Now lets get through Halloween and then the countdown can well and truly begin!! :D

Once Halloween is over it'll only be a month to the toyshow :D

• Advertisement

Once Halloween is over it'll only be a month to the toyshow :D

Holy smokes you're right!! :eek:

Seriously lads where has this year gone to? Can't believe we're in the last qtr of the year already. Must try and harness this feeling for when the Jan blues come a knocking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

I was in town in Cork today everywhere I looked I saw Christmas :D , In dealz right next to the halloween decor there was a whole ilseof Christmas decorations :) , In argos's windows there was Christmas signs ,In tesco there was Christmas decorations , In penny's there was more Christmas decorations It was like Heaven :) aghhh I'm so excited :) I'm dying to put up my tree but my mam would kill me lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Okay so I already posted today but I'm like so excited little woods Ireland have there Christmas section up already :O Ahhhh I'm soooooo excited counting the days other Christmas lovers heeheheheh

OMG just saw my first Christmas ad this year!! It's for DFS - not a bad Christmas ad actually!!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Bought a few decorations in M & S last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Jesus were we all watching the same telly channel!

OMG just saw my first Christmas ad this year!! It's for DFS - not a bad Christmas ad actually!!
    THE CHRISTMAS ADS ARE STARTING???!! Eeeeeeeeeeek!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

You beat me to it, I came on to post about it too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

The DFS one is the only one I've seen so far! :)

Advertisement